Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have never heard of appeals of the denial of a motion for judgment of acquittal or manifest weight of the evidence.

Since you obviously don't work, you've got time to educate me. Do so.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have never heard of appeals of the denial of a motion for judgment of acquittal or manifest weight of the evidence.
Unsupported by the evidence - meaning, you go back to testimony and it must be referred to, yes?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a better idea.
First, show me where I ever said anything about 'not guilty' verdicts.
Then tell me what the appellate system is for if not to revisit lower court verdicts which are often rendered by juries.
Then finally shut the f ck up because you are a moron.
Interesting.

Appeals Court Must Use Manifest-Weight-of-Evidence Standard When Reviewing Sex Offender Status

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/PIO/summaries/2...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>4
Since you obviously don't work, you've got time to educate me. Do so.
You insult me and then you expect me to help you? You aren't as smart as you think you are. Look it up yourself.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsupported by the evidence - meaning, you go back to testimony and it must be referred to, yes?
It must be referred to? What is that supposed to mean?

You said the jury's decision is never reviewable. You are wrong.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Appeals Court Must Use Manifest-Weight-of-Evidence Standard When Reviewing Sex Offender Status
http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/PIO/summaries/2...
That's a civil standard not a criminal one and involves a judge's decision not a jury's.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

I'm aware. And here's what was being discussed:
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really going to be shocked when you find out that there is a process called 'appeal', wherein the decisions of jurors are routinely judged and often overturned when judged to be faulty.
So, why don't you and BJ educate me, because I was under the impression that not guilty verdicts in trials such as Zimmerman's could not be appealed. You mentioned that I had obviously never heard of...and when I brought up a case, you tell me that it doesn't apply.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the subject of this thread is the Zimmerman trial, and that trial ended in a "not guilty" verdict, it is assumed that it is the one you were talking about. "Not guilty" verdicts in this country cannot be appealed.
That was a mistaken assumption on your part Tony.

You didn't take into account the context of the discussion with the other poster in which BJ made that statement.

His point seemed to be that jury (and bench) "guilty" verdicts are often reviewed on a appeal, whether for issues related to the jury's (or Court's) direct role in the trial or ancillary issues, so other the poster shouldn't be surprised that casual observers might not always have faith in a jury's "not guilty" verdict, for a variety of possible reasons, despite the fact that the jury's decision cannot be appealed.

woof

woof
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be referred to? What is that supposed to mean?
You said the jury's decision is never reviewable. You are wrong.
If you would go back and read the conversation, Glitter was referencing the Casey Anthony trial. BJ "schooled" her on appeals. I then mentioned something about asking which "not guilty" verdicts can be appealed (since the Zimmerman and Anthony trials, the topics of discussion, were criminal). I am then called a moron, you bring in legal language that has nothing to do with either of those trials, and both of you act smug.

Whatever.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why don't you and BJ educate me, because I was under the impression that not guilty verdicts in trials such as Zimmerman's could not be appealed. You mentioned that I had obviously never heard of...and when I brought up a case, you tell me that it doesn't apply.
Right. Not guilty verdicts can't be appealed. You said that appeals only involve legal rulings or mistakes by attorneys but never the jury's decision. You are wrong and I already told you why. The case you brought up doesn't apply for the reasons I already told you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would go back and read the conversation, Glitter was referencing the Casey Anthony trial. BJ "schooled" her on appeals. I then mentioned something about asking which "not guilty" verdicts can be appealed (since the Zimmerman and Anthony trials, the topics of discussion, were criminal). I am then called a moron, you bring in legal language that has nothing to do with either of those trials, and both of you act smug.
Whatever.
I responded to your statement,
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Verdicts aren't judged to be faulty; in fact, the verdict is never "judged" because in that case you would need to consider both not guilty and guilty verdicts. In order to win an appeal, you have to find a technicality by the lawyers and/or the law which has nothing to do with the jury. But go ahead, call me a moron if that's how you have to get through your day.
which is very clearly false.

I never called you a moron. In fact, it appears that you called yourself that. But now that you mention it, if the shoe fits....

I'm not "acting smug." I am simply correct.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I never called you a moron. In fact, it appears that you called yourself that. But now that you mention it, if the shoe fits....
I have a question, and maybe you might clear this up. Is it true, when a person is found not guilty in court is that it, he is free?

In my view there was no evidence, that Zimmerman was ever in any danger for his life. Let's say he never had a gun with him.

1. Would he have listened to the dispatcher? And let the Police handle it.

2. Let's say Zimmerman didn't listen to the Police. Let's say there was a fight, would Zimmerman be alive today? And again Zimmerman had no gun.

3. How is it these so called juries are being convened,and they have to listen to BS, that has little to do with guilt or innocence. Lawyers up there dragging their heels, to make the case last for 2 weeks or longer. As I look back on the Zimmerman trial. The prosecution, did they put on maybe one good withness. The woman, that said Zimmerman, did not have life threatening injuries to the head. The rest, they may as well stayed home.

Finally, what happened to the rule, you shall not kill? Is that out, like it is OK for a man to marry a man and so on? Have we lost sight of any of the laws, God gave to Moses? No wonder there is disgust with our laws.

Let's say Trayvon Martin was caught with burglary tools, and a new Rolex in his pocket, and 5 ounces of marijuana, is that reason to kill? But on here, the mentality is he was Black, and every Black, should be killed. It is true there is a lot of Blacks involved in crime, but not all are criminals. I see them on TV everyday in Cincinnati, that are involved in drive by shooting, robbery, neglect of their children. I also see them that are on the street protesting crime.

A few bad apples, doesn't mean the entire basket is rotten. Look at our families, there is a rotten apple in every family, especially when it comes to money, after someone dies. There will be someone, that thinks they should have got it all.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
How many Black People think the Zimmerman verdict was fair? The damn rat got away with murder.
The prosecution never said a word about a man with a gun out there on the street looking for a Black to hunt down and kill like a dog.
Did Zimmerman say to young Trayvon, I am a neighborhood watchman? No he taunted him, called him racial names, so he would provoke the kid, the innocent kid on his way home. That would set up an excuse to kill. That was what the whole episode was about. A man out to kill, and he had a plan and he carried it out. Is this justice?
zimmerman is looking for you next.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question, and maybe you might clear this up. Is it true, when a person is found not guilty in court is that it, he is free?
Yes. The state has one chance to prosecute and that is all. That said, if the federal government chose to prosecute Zimmerman, the state court prosecution would not bar the federal prosecution.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, you're not because the conversation I was referring to was talking about a not guilty verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. BJ went after Glitter telling her, in response to her answer about the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial, that Glitter had obviously never heard of the appeals process - again, during a discussion of a criminal trial for a not guilty verdict. And when I bring up that you can't appeal a not guilty verdict in a criminal case - the topic of discussion - I get called a moron by BJ.

So please, go back to the Akron forums and take a few others with you. Certainly you'll be more well-liked.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The verdict itself cannot be appealed. However there is a special circumstance where the TRIAL can be made a mistrial (thus bypassing double jeopardy).... and that's if jury tampering can be proven.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
zimmerman is looking for you next.
When will you write something worth commenting on? Get out that old 14' row boat. Get yourself some fishing worms, and your cane pole and go fishing.

Zimmerman is nothing but a killer. He was never in danger for his life. Six women never done their job. He was guilty as you are of lying, as you do on Topix.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because he's Nate the Neoconservative!
He's an impotent human being. But then again, he doesn't know the meaning of the word. Only weak, fearful people are afraid of others having the same rights as they enjoy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're not because the conversation I was referring to was talking about a not guilty verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. BJ went after Glitter telling her, in response to her answer about the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial, that Glitter had obviously never heard of the appeals process - again, during a discussion of a criminal trial for a not guilty verdict. And when I bring up that you can't appeal a not guilty verdict in a criminal case - the topic of discussion - I get called a moron by BJ.
So please, go back to the Akron forums and take a few others with you. Certainly you'll be more well-liked.
You must have learned how to completely ignore the plain meaning of the very words you typed from Gokeefe and Nate the Neoconservative. And you fancy yourself such a high minded intellectual. Go figure.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The state has one chance to prosecute and that is all. That said, if the federal government chose to prosecute Zimmerman, the state court prosecution would not bar the federal prosecution.
Do you believe the Federal Government will prosecute Zimmerman?

If the news media had not tried to make the Zimmerman case a race related murder, it would never have made anymore than a local newspaper headline.

Don't you know after years and years of slamming Obama by Sean Hannity, he is strutting like a little rooster his victory in the Zimmerman case. That is a lot to be proud of isn't it Che? An innocent boy gets killed. It really shows how Fox News hates Black people like the KKK, Tea Party, and the Republicans. Did you know the Tea Party has 1% or less Black in their Party. Does anyone know the percentage of Black in the Republican Party?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Michael Brown Case 52 min They cannot kill ... 51
When Will Obama DIE? 55 min albert 13
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 57 min Old Guy 30,441
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 3,184
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
RIP Ashley Stevens 3 hr E-Bob 2
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 14 hr Truth 2,281

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs