Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you didn't think the jury was wrong, why were shocked by the verdict? And I am sure that you didn't express your "shock" to anyone else either. I mean, you had too much respect for the jury verdict to do that, right?
The shock was that the jurors actually followed the instructions. Once that had been done, there was only one possible verdict.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I was shocked that she was cleared of all charges, are you even aware that she faced more than one charge? Stop trying to twist my words o' silly one. I may opine during a high profile trial, but have never taken sides after a verdict has been reached. Not for me to be upset or question a jury's decision. Shocked is an okay adjective, but not for me to judge the jurors, unlike you.
Unlike me? Now you are just making stuff up. There's a shock for you.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I was shocked that she was cleared of all charges, are you even aware that she faced more than one charge? Stop trying to twist my words o' silly one. I may opine during a high profile trial, but have never taken sides after a verdict has been reached. Not for me to be upset or question a jury's decision. Shocked is an okay adjective, but not for me to judge the jurors, unlike you.
You are really going to be shocked when you find out that there is a process called 'appeal', wherein the decisions of jurors are routinely judged and often overturned when judged to be faulty.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Oprah is getting some air time these days thanks to Trayvon Martin. Plus her new movie The Butler. But what makes her really happy is making money, OWN is making money instead of losing. So a few interviews thanks to the untimely death of a Black boy, that many White people believe is the example of a thief.

So who cares if he got killed, he had it coming attitude. Hurrah for George Zimmerman for wiping out another Black thief. Hell, it doesn’t matter if he wasn’t doing anything wrong, it was dark, it was raining, he had on a hoodie, he looked creepy. He was Black, who cares if he is dead.
I just wonder if it had been a Black man, 225 lbs, carrying a pistol. Following a White boy under age, 17 and 155 Lbs. And the Black shot him. You know what the White people would say. Hell Bells that Black punk killed my boy for no reason.

It is true, I hear a lot about Black people are doing crime. But not all are criminals, no more than White people. A young Black girl was arrested in Cincinnati, her baby 15 months old found dead. Police got a call Thursday shortly before 2 P.M. a toddler not responding at a town home on Bowling Green Court.
When police arrived, they found Robin Cottingham, 15 months, unresponsive in a crib in the living room. Police say no one was home at the time. Cottingham was pronounced dead at the scene by the Hamilton County Coroner's Office. Police say the toddler lived with her mother, 23-year-old Janishcia Cottingham.
Cottingham was later arrested and charged with aggravated murder for the death of her daughter. Cottingham's father, Robert Midell, says the toddler was previously handed over to Children's Services by the mother.
Cottingham is currently in jail, bond has been set at $1 million dollars. Her Mother was interviewed on TV, she blamed Children's Services for the Toddler death. Her mother would blame the Governor, if she thought anyone would believe it.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III
“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12
Hilliard, OH

The Topix page you requested was not found

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13
Hilliard, OH

The Topix page you requested was not found!

If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again, or choose from our list of over 360,000 topics.

Shall we have a minute of silence?

Will the Diamond, like the old wind up toy, die too? Before The George Zimmerman Case dies?

He is up to 972, and counting. Can anyone keep up with the Diamond man?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really going to be shocked when you find out that there is a process called 'appeal', wherein the decisions of jurors are routinely judged and often overturned when judged to be faulty.
ROFLMAO! Would you please reference the verdicts of "not guilty" which a higher court has overturned?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more ignorant, could you?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> If checked by geographic regions, the 'red states ' are inundated with EIB network stations that only broadcast right -wing conservative talking heads and shows. There are 'pockets ' of Republican sheeple in the east as well. That's why they hate any ideal of the 'Fairness Doctrine '. They never want people to hear a counter argument.
Nice try, but ratings keep the station alive and people employed. Why in the world would you choose to air programs that your audience doesn't like?

Business 101, anyone?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more ignorant, could you?
No sheit. I just yelled OMG when I read his idiotic post.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Would you please reference the verdicts of "not guilty" which a higher court has overturned?
I have a better idea.

First, show me where I ever said anything about 'not guilty' verdicts.

Then tell me what the appellate system is for if not to revisit lower court verdicts which are often rendered by juries.

Then finally shut the f ck up because you are a moron.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>No sheit. I just yelled OMG when I read his idiotic post.
Stoopid as ever. That's our Glitter!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a better idea.
First, show me where I ever said anything about 'not guilty' verdicts.
Then tell me what the appellate system is for if not to revisit lower court verdicts which are often rendered by juries.
Then finally shut the f ck up because you are a moron.
Since the subject of this thread is the Zimmerman trial, and that trial ended in a "not guilty" verdict, it is assumed that it is the one you were talking about. "Not guilty" verdicts in this country cannot be appealed.

Since: Jan 12

Newport, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but ratings keep the station alive and people employed. Why in the world would you choose to air programs that your audience doesn't like?
Business 101, anyone?
Comprehensive problems today? Once again, the south is inundated with right -wing political shows, that means it's all that the folks hear and know, thus the ratings reflect that, duh.

Since: Jan 12

Newport, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
Do you ever tire of co-signing? Squawk...Polly wants a cracker! Squawk, squawk!
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the subject of this thread is the Zimmerman trial, and that trial ended in a "not guilty" verdict, it is assumed that it is the one you were talking about. "Not guilty" verdicts in this country cannot be appealed.
Not guilty verdicts cannot be appealed. Guilty verdicts can be appealed. That is the law.

Is the law of not guilty a perfect law? I don't think so, when there is such an outcry as we saw in the O.J. Simpson trial, surely the entire Nation cannot be wrong. But there was nothing the nation could do but complain for years. Comedians still do jokes about O. J. getting away with murder, few today believe Simpson wasn't guilty. And yet, that is the law.

Should that law be overturned in light of the latest public outrage by the Nation. another man walks free.

1. When a prosecution puts on such poor wittnesses, that it is laughable.

2. When the jury, is so damn anxious to go home, they come up with a verdict, just to go home.

3. When a jury don't understand the instructions, they return a non guilty verdict, and yet some believe the defendant is guilty. Only after they have been dismissed.

4. Should they be held in contempt?

5. Should the not guilty verdict be appealed? Rewritten to make sure that the presumed innocent, don't go home to commit another crime. When the facts prove otherwise. Should a judge be permitted to overturn such a not guilty verdict? After reasonable review.

It would be unreasonable to ask a panel on Topix to give a verdict. There are few on here that could judge properly if a polecat stinks.

Just because someone has the right to carry a gun, doesn't mean, he is not liable for murder. Policemen carry guns, doesn't mean they are the judge and the jury.

Another man walks free thanks to six women, anxious to go home.

What will Zimmerman say when a man is about to shoot him through the heart? Don't you know who I am? I am George Zimmerman. The man replies thanks, I needed to know that.

The bottom line. Tony D2 is correct.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Not guilty verdicts cannot be appealed. Guilty verdicts can be appealed. That is the law.
Is the law of not guilty a perfect law? I don't think so, when there is such an outcry as we saw in the O.J. Simpson trial, surely the entire Nation cannot be wrong.
Sure they can, but that's beside the point. The ability for the government to appeal not guilty verdicts would not make anything fairer. In fact, it would violate the constitutional prohibition against double jeopardy.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Verdicts aren't judged to be faulty; in fact, the verdict is never "judged" because in that case you would need to consider both not guilty and guilty verdicts. In order to win an appeal, you have to find a technicality by the lawyers and/or the law which has nothing to do with the jury. But go ahead, call me a moron if that's how you have to get through your day.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Comprehensive problems today? Once again, the south is inundated with right -wing political shows, that means it's all that the folks hear and know, thus the ratings reflect that, duh.
Well, lemme rephrase it for ya: If "the folks" wanted otherwise they wouldn't be listening and the radio station would have to reformat or go bust. It doesn't mean they're wrong; it's their way of life. They're allowed to have it just as much as you're allowed to have yours. And by "it", I mean conservatism.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

GlitterSucks wrote:
Ahhh, perhaps we misjudged the man. I see "Big Johnson" has been involved in legalities. That must be where he gets his legal knowledge./s/s/s/s/s
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Verdicts aren't judged to be faulty; in fact, the verdict is never "judged" because in that case you would need to consider both not guilty and guilty verdicts. In order to win an appeal, you have to find a technicality by the lawyers and/or the law which has nothing to do with the jury. But go ahead, call me a moron if that's how you have to get through your day.
You obviously have never heard of appeals of the denial of a motion for judgment of acquittal or manifest weight of the evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min xxxrayted 29,218
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 56 min d pantz 2,217
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 1 hr xxxrayted 13
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr FB friends 2,219
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 4 hr Caesar Obamus 36
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 12 hr d pantz 98
Unlicensed door-to-door peddlers a nuisance | T... (Apr '11) 12 hr yeah baby yeah 22
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••