The George Zimmerman Case!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#46 Apr 8, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you say everything I say is a lie then you spew more lies of your own then insult me. You prove you have no debate skills or the ability to frame an argument. You really are a childish troll. I can't say it's your fault though. I mean if you idolize people like Obama this is just considered normal behavior. Lie, insult, lie, play the victim, lie some more, insult some more.
So will you be rioting with all the other idiots when Zimmerman walks?
Ummmm, and you would be complaining about lies and insults?

Location hidden

#47 Apr 8, 2013
Babs wrote:
<quoted text>You say Trayvon was murdered but answer this truthfully. Would Trayvon have still been shot if the first words from him to Zimmerman were "Yes sir, What can I do for you?"
Is that how you respond when someone is following you?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#48 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at how George acts out the shooting for the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D7_zMYiswAcXX
And you leftists accuse us of posting garbage and of not believing in the rules of evidence and science...
That was pathetic, even for you.
Now how about addressing the doctor's diagnosis of a broken nose. I'm looking forward to your diatribe about "racist doctors"...
Pale Rider

AOL

#49 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader, thanks for your well founded comments. As we read for facts in this case, we can read just about anything. One thing that cannot be disputed is the transcript of the Police Dispatcher to George Zimmerman, on the night of the murder.

Plus this: This tells the exact story of what George Zimmerman looked like later in doctored photos. Or for all we know, the Police may have broken his nose, in order to save him from first degree murder.

Which would you rather have? A broken nose? Or life in prison? In the film just minutes after the arrest, George Zimmerman, shows not a single sign of a broken nose, no scratches to the back of the head. The Police didn't call an ambulance for Zimmerman. No they took him straight to jail. No visible wounds. Later -- much later the bandages, the broken nose, the doctored photos. I think people forget, Zimmerman was no stranger to the Police Department. They were friends. What do friends do? They take care of each other.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#50 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooh! Witty comeback!
It was posted as fact, not as witticism.
The broken nose, Reader.

Location hidden

#51 Apr 8, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>This is why people treat you the way they do, Reader:
ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting
A medical report compiled by the family physician of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-med...
Always pays to go back to the primary sources. From the medical record:

"Presents today complaining of Nasal pain .. Patient was involved in an altercation on 2/26. During the altercation he was
assaulted, punched in the face, and shoved to the ground where his head was hit into the pavement multiple times. During the altercation, he had a weapon as he is authorized to carry a firearm and he fired at the attacker, killing him. He was evaluated by EMS and slates his lacerations were cleaned. He was told that he had a broken nose and denies being taken to the hospital."

"2. Broken Nose~ We discussed that it is likely broken, but does not appear to have septal devialion. The swelling and
black e.yes are typical of this injury. I recommended that he be evaluated by ENT but he refused."

Overall, somewhat less than a clear diagnosis. And a good bit is based on what George told them about what happened.

You can read the whole thing here: http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/07/0... . It also includes a lot of language that rules out severe head trauma.

Location hidden

#52 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>This is why people treat you the way they do, Reader:
BTW--George, don't assume that "people" all treat me the way that you do.
Pale Rider

AOL

#53 Apr 8, 2013
This is Zimmerman within minutes of the murder. Do the police treat him as a murderer? Hell NO!
He is handcuffed, but that is it. No sign of broken nose, no nothing. If had a broken nose, he would have been sent to the hospital, not to jail. If his head was severely wounded, he would have been sent to the hospital, not to jail.

He walks into jail,much like you and I would on a visit, to visit a brother that was a Policeman. Where were the leg shackles? Did they go over the alternatives after they went inside. Do we know? What did the Police do for him, to change the outcome. The film, is much different than the photos later. What happened inside that Police station? We can only speculate. What happened on that street that night? We know what the Police dispatcher told Zimmerman.

Second Degree Murder!

&fe ature=player_detailpage

Location hidden

#54 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Really? I don't recall Richard Jewell coming from wealth.
Richard Jewell v. NBC
Jewell sued NBC News for this statement, made by Tom Brokaw: "The speculation is that the FBI is close to making the case. They probably have enough to arrest him right now, probably enough to prosecute him, but you always want to have enough to convict him as well. There are still some holes in this case".[12] Even though NBC stood by its story, the network agreed to pay Jewell $500,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell#R...
Zimmerman has a weak case, that will become even weaker when he is locked up.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#55 Apr 8, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
FKA Reader, thanks for your well founded comments. As we read for facts in this case, we can read just about anything. One thing that cannot be disputed is the transcript of the Police Dispatcher to George Zimmerman, on the night of the murder.
Plus this: This tells the exact story of what George Zimmerman looked like later in doctored photos. Or for all we know, the Police may have broken his nose, in order to save him from first degree murder.
Which would you rather have? A broken nose? Or life in prison? In the film just minutes after the arrest, George Zimmerman, shows not a single sign of a broken nose, no scratches to the back of the head. The Police didn't call an ambulance for Zimmerman. No they took him straight to jail. No visible wounds. Later -- much later the bandages, the broken nose, the doctored photos. I think people forget, Zimmerman was no stranger to the Police Department. They were friends. What do friends do? They take care of each other.
Zimmerman, friend of the police?! Once again, you have outdone yourself in stupidity, Fry Queen:

Crump said public records show that Zimmerman was arrested in Orange County in 2005 on charges of resisting arrest with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer.

“They just lied to the family,” Crump said.“They just couldn’t see why [Zimmerman] would do anything wrong or be violent. But not only do you know the guy killed this kid, because he admitted to it, you knew that he has a propensity for violence because of his past record.”

The Orange County Clerk of Courts website shows a man named George Zimmerman, 28, was charged in July 2005 with resisting arrest with violence and battery on an officer. The charges appear to have been dropped.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/geor...

Then we have this:

In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.
http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-demanded-disc...

You're too stupid to breath, hilljack.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#56 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for a trial, huh? And so much for Zimmerman being Hispanic...
You are the biggest hypocrite and nearly the biggest racist on this forum.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#57 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW--George, don't assume that "people" all treat me the way that you do.
I can only go by Topix members...you're not a well liked or respected figure.

Location hidden

#58 Apr 8, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your question is two fold.
1. Because he was black, and George Zimmerman isn't. My guess is you are White. Will you answer that question truthfully? As a White person, you think all black people owe you something, and should still be slaves, bow to your wishes like a trained dog.
2. The problem with your question is this:
No one knows for certain what was said. The correct reply would have been, when the Police dispatcher said, let our department take care of this. Had George Zimmerman, said, thanks, I am going home. I will leave it up to your Department to investigate, I am not qualified to do Police work. I am out of here.
Instead, he had to say something to the younger, weaker, Trayvon Martin to enrage him. He attacked the aggressor, agitator, knocking him to the ground. While he was frantically trying desperately to get his 9 MM pistol out. Trayvon Martin had hit him, bounced his head on the blacktop gently. The rest is a tragic story. An innocent your 17 year old was murdered.
For what?
1. Because he had on a hoodie?
2. Because he was black?
Young and innocent Trayvon Martin was on his way to his father's home. Shot like a dog, that wasn't on an owners leash.
You know what, PR? I used to believe something along the lines of what you say--that George in some way enraged Trayvon, and they wound up in a fight.

However, as I have looked at more and more of the evidence as it is placed in the public record, the more convinced I am that George is lying about a good many things.

1. He never intended to quit following Trayvon, or to go back to his truck and he did neither of those things.

2. He did not encounter Trayvon at the "t."

3. Trayvon did not repeatedly bash Zimmerman's head against anything including the sidewalk.

4. Trayvon did not attempt to smother Zimmerman to keep him quiet.

5. Trayvon did not sit astride Zimmerman and pummel him with his fists.

6. Zimmerman did not call out "help, help!"

7. Zimmerman did not place Trayvon "spread-eagled" (at all) because he thought he was still alive, talking and fighting.

It is also entirely possible, based on a variety of evidence, that:

1. Zimmerman did not watch Trayvon enter where he said that he did (by Frank Taafee's house).

2. Zimmerman did not park at the clubhouse to call.

3. Zimmerman followed Trayvon much further than he reports (from a neighboring housing development) and much more obviously than he lets on (amounting to a reasonable suspicion on Trayvon's part of being stalked).

Now, of course, I don't KNOW what the truth is, only that I trust nothing coming from Zimmerman's mouth without some pretty strong independent validation. And the story of being mauled by Trayvon is awfully self-serving, given that he shot an unarmed teenager with no other provocation.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#59 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why oh why did I bother to click on this thread. For the umpteenth time...does innocent until proven guilty rattle through your thick skull at all?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#60 Apr 8, 2013
Follow up thought. Jodi Arias case, as heinous of a "crime" that it is, innocent until proven guilty. I did not happen to be in the room... have my opinion, but not for me to decide. That's up to the a jury of twelve of her peers.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#61 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>I can only go by Topix members...you're not a well liked or respected figure.
Now there's a highlight for your resume, huh Paco?

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#62 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there's a highlight for your resume, huh Paco?
woof
Character judgement isn't usually included on a resume. If it were, your name and a list of your leftist hate would be added for demonstration purposes.

Location hidden

#63 Apr 8, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Well, the injury to the nose is not clearly diagnosed as a fracture. More of a presumed fracture based on Zimmerman's description of pain and being bopped in the nose by a fist.

The medical record pretty much describes the rest of the head as being trauma-free, not quite consistent with being bashed on the sidewalk multiple times.

I tend to believe that neither George nor the police phonied up the injuries.

However, where much of the public errs is in supposing that taking a beating from Trayvon is the only or best explanation for George's injuries, which are in fact fairly minor. The PA notes that he had only scheduled the appt. for a return to work letter.

In my mind it is possible that there was some rolling around on the ground as Zimmerman tried to detain Trayvon and Trayvon tried to pull away. I believe that the bushes between houses are also a reasonable explanation, as I think that George likely continued down Retreat View Circle and ultimately cut back into the space between the townhouses (AKA dogwalk). This is consistent with one account of seeing two persons running north (towards the "t") from her window. There is also evidence of their having been further south of where the body ended up (and much further south of the "t")--as Trayvon's phone and Zimmerman's flashlight were found there.

The nose injury could have come from a branch snapping back into the face, from falling face-forward (one witness reported having seen a single person laying on the ground prior to the gunshot)--especially in coming down the steep slope from the street to the dog walk area, or from gun recoil. One thing that is very clear, however, is that Zimmerman's wounds were not created by Trayvon using his hands, or any other tested part of his body.

Location hidden

#64 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Then we have this:
In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.
In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.
http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-demanded-disc...
Yes, I read that at the time. The same "family member" sent a similar letter threatening Eric Holder's office, as I recall. At the time I guessed it was written by Zimmerman, holed up in an out-of-state hotel room with a gun and way too much time on his hands.

But that was before we were familiar with Robert jr. and his propensity for weekends filled with drunken and libelous tweeting. Of course, apparently all family members have access to Jr's Twitter account, so George and Robert could be sharing the publicity efforts.

You know the problem with that letter, don't you? It has proven (like the little black kids Zimmerman claims he was tutoring) to be utterly unconfirmable. There were some news sources that tried to follow up. They checked into the date when the supposedly circulated flyer was calling for a demonstration at City Hall--nothing happened on that date. They followed up with some black churches about whether they recalled anyone leafletting cars--as claimed. Nobody did. And they tried to find anyone among those actually known as organizers in that case who had any knowledge of Zimmerman's involvement.

Nada.

Nice try, though.

Location hidden

#65 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>And you leftists accuse us of posting garbage and of not believing in the rules of evidence and science...
That was pathetic, even for you.
Now how about addressing the doctor's diagnosis of a broken nose. I'm looking forward to your diatribe about "racist doctors"...
What was wrong with it? It consisted of actual footage from a police interview of George Zimmerman.

You can view the interview in its entirety in a variety of place--without any of the editorial comments appended. Just happens that this one is more watchable.

But he does the exact same thing. Body memory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 12 min They cannot kill ... 20
21 women who say everybody is a beach body 53 min Leroy 5
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 100
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 88
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 14 hr Hugh Jasol 4
Funny fn picture 16 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... 16 hr UTrashy 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages