The George Zimmerman Case!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#6246 Jul 21, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
If a white boy did the same thing, you'd say he was standing his ground.
Since neither of them were mind readers, it's quite possible that each thought he was defending himself from the other. Unfortunate, certainly, but not necessarily a crime.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

#6247 Jul 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand Your Ground was in play. The jury was instructed that Zimmerman had no duty to retreat.
When you're on your back on the ground, where are you going to retreat to?
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#6248 Jul 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand Your Ground was in play. The jury was instructed that Zimmerman had no duty to retreat.
'Stand Your Ground' Critics Admit It Was a 'Huge Red Herring' in the Zimmerman Case

The article summarizes a consensus among legal experts consulted by the paper that the changes made to Florida's law in 2005, which included the elimination of the duty to retreat for people attacked outside their homes, did not figure in Zimmerman's defense or his acquittal:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/18/stand-your-...
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#6249 Jul 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida standard jury instructions have, by law, stand your ground language in them according to what I just checked.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#6250 Jul 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're on your back on the ground, where are you going to retreat to?
Do you truly think the confrontation began with Zimmerman on his back?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#6251 Jul 21, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida standard jury instructions have, by law, stand your ground language in them according to what I just checked.
So if the jury was instructed on stand your ground elements, how can anyone suggest it had nothing to do with the case?

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6252 Jul 22, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>What part of the jury system eludes you, booner? The facts supported the defense. period.
The facts supported the what? No. The jury surmised that dumb George was not guilty of murder two...

The fact is that an unarmed teenager was shot and killed for nothing.

What part of that is hard to swallow? I'm asking a Zimmerman cheerleader to use his head...My bad.

Brooklyn, New York

#6253 Jul 22, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Rachel Jeantel, the 300 pound slab of ghetto attitude, said Ashtray was the aggressor.
I love watching you black racists being played like fiddles by the PBGI and the administration.
Redneck reasoning...

You sound like Clayton Cocksmoker.

I bet this is you. Fkn coward.

Brooklyn, New York

#6254 Jul 22, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Really?

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty

Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April.

"I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” Scott said following the verdict.“I still have my regrets for the Cervini family; it's still an unfortunate situation for them. I am happy that at least this chapter is over."

As deliberations dragged on over two days and the jury asked for testimony to be read back, Scott admits he didn't know how it would all turn out.

"I was nervous of course,” he said.“You never know what direction this whole thing is going to turn, so I have no idea. But it worked out and I feel that justice (was) served today."

Cervini's family members say justice wasn't served. They say Christopher was murdered in cold blood, that he'd never been in trouble and Scott acted as judge, jury and executioner.

"The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said Jim Cervini, Christopher’s father.“My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered."

Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.

Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.

"How can this happen to a beautiful, sweet child like that?” asked Cervini’s aunt Carol Cervini.“All he wanted to do was go home. And then for them to say, he was saying,'Please don't kill me. I'm just a kid,' and he just kept on shooting him."

Scott says the last seven months have been difficult for him and his family. If he could go back to the events in the early morning hours of April 4, there are things he says he would do differently.

"If it meant a person not losing their life, absolutely,” he said.“Would I still have tried to stop what was going on? That I would have done. But if I knew ahead of time that I could do something to help somebody from losing their life, I don't want anyone to lose their life."

Scott says the first thing he was going to do was go home and get a good night sleep. When asked if he'll continue living in his current home, which is just one street away from the Cervini's, he said “for the time being.”
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...
Cut and paste.

No thanks.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#6255 Jul 22, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut and paste.
No thanks.
So, like Jeantel, you don't know how to read.
You truly are an Affirmative Action ape.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#6256 Jul 22, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck reasoning...
You sound like Clayton Cocksmoker.
I bet this is you. Fkn coward.
Why do you avoid addressing the points of my post? Talk about a coward...

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#6257 Jul 22, 2013
Good gravy Rhino...you are a moroon.

I reiterate; verdict signed, sealed, delivered.

Obama, Holder, Jay Z, Beyonce shoo.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#6258 Jul 22, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts supported the what? No. The jury surmised that dumb George was not guilty of murder two...
The fact is that an unarmed teenager was shot and killed for nothing.
What part of that is hard to swallow? I'm asking a Zimmerman cheerleader to use his head...My bad.
A pity that you're too stupid to use logic and see that the facts supported the defense and that the prosecution was incompetent. The FACT is that a Murder 2 charge never should have been brought...just about every legal analyst said that from the start. And the jury also acquitted on manslaughter because the evidence clearly points to self defense...your ghetto slab sealed that deal, booner.
Now get this through your skull...there will be no federal charges. And I doubt there will be a civil suit filed by the trashy parents. Know why? Because the truth about Ashtray will come out in court...every last detail of his thug life.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#6259 Jul 22, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>A pity that you're too stupid to use logic and see that the facts supported the defense and that the prosecution was incompetent. The FACT is that a Murder 2 charge never should have been brought...just about every legal analyst said that from the start. And the jury also acquitted on manslaughter because the evidence clearly points to self defense...your ghetto slab sealed that deal, booner.
Now get this through your skull...there will be no federal charges. And I doubt there will be a civil suit filed by the trashy parents. Know why? Because the truth about Ashtray will come out in court...every last detail of his thug life.
I agree Georgie. People can kvetch all they want to. The law is the law. Way to beitch now. If you didn't like it when it was enacted, should have voted, protested then.

Brooklyn, New York

#6260 Jul 22, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>"black phoney"
The jury determined that Zimmerman was not guilty. Live with it.
We all know what you are about, racism.
Peace
KMA
PS: You don't like my persona? Tough shit, ignore me. Try not to get your panties in a bunch.
You fkn crybabies never really have valid points...A clueless jury finds a murderous thug not guilty and you rejoice.

Redneck reasoning has won the day in this case. Not good, but expected.

Brooklyn, New York

#6261 Jul 22, 2013
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>Not my hero.

Just another case of Black/Peruvian on Black violence.

In this case it was self defense so Zimmerman was not guilty.

What I am laughing at is all the folks that thought they had a gotcha proving how evil the white devil is desperately clinging to the racial narrative.

Meanwhile Black folks are being killed every day by other Black folks in ever increasing numbers but not a mention of that, but folks that are sooooooooo concerned about Trayvon Martin.

Had it not been for the initial mistake of the media identifying Zimmerman as white and the race baiters that make big bucks off of stirring the pot we would have never heard of George Zimmerman.

Dance all you want, the entire interest in this case was race,
promotion of gun control and stirring up the base for Obama pre election.
Black Peruvian is bullshit. He looked mighty white during the trial...Where was his shaved head? Where was his slim MMA fighting weight?

A dog and pony show. Congrats to his defense...It worked.

Brooklyn, New York

#6262 Jul 22, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>Self defense apparently worked, because the prosecution didn't have enough evidence to prove otherwise. Stand your ground wasn't in play. The jury wasn't clueless, and to say so just shows your lack of education.
Stand your ground was the whole argument...Self defense was a bi-product.

Again...The defense gambled and won.
Zimmerman is free to neighborhood watch once again. A proud day in American history.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6263 Jul 22, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
You fkn crybabies never really have valid points...A clueless jury finds a murderous thug not guilty and you rejoice.
Redneck reasoning has won the day in this case. Not good, but expected.
UR still mad, huh?

Brooklyn, New York

#6264 Jul 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>When you're on your back on the ground, it's not a stand your ground case.

[QUOTE] Self defense law was not represented well in this case."

What would you change? It took over 200 years to (mostly, Ohio still does) get rid of the notion that a person who defends himself has to prove his innocence (in contradiction to one of the basic tenets of American jurisprudence... innocent until proven guilty) and "Stand your ground" is another step in that direction (duty to retreat requires the court to assume that the defendant both knew of an avenue of retreat and knew it was safe, and puts the burden of proof on the defendant to prove what he didn't know). So what is it that you think isn't well represented (whatever that means)?
I wouldn't change a thing. If you and the others call this justice then so be it.

The devil reveals his true face sooner or later.

Brooklyn, New York

#6265 Jul 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>Any rioters, anywhere, when there is no connection between someone else's private property that's being destroyed or people being injured and whatever their grievance is.

Reginald Denny, for example.
No relevance. We can cite all types of riots for various reasons. It brings no validity to this particular case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeble Nancy Pelosi snaps her withered fingers 53 min d pants 8
Titus K Powers 53 min Jpj 1
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 1 hr Youngin 323
Why Obama Really Spied on Trump 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 13
UTrashy & Spook 1 hr UTrashy 45
Where to buy Herbal Incense? (Aug '12) 1 hr My thoughts 177
America has turned into a diaper load full of e... 2 hr Miss Cleo 3
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 3 hr d pants 539

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages