Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5831 Jul 14, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they won't be happy until everyone looks like them.
woof
No, until they act like human beings instead of animals.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#5832 Jul 14, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
If you people think you won, why are you still so angry?
Because the NAACP is getting Holder to press federal charges.

We won this battle, but the war is only over when the suits against NBC and friends result in tens of millions in damages.

Not to mention an apology from Obama.(I can dream)

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5833 Jul 14, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the NAACP is getting Holder to press federal charges.
Holder said that the FBI has been investigating the civil rights issues for over a year. I doubt they're going to come up with anything new.

Ivy League-ISIS

#5834 Jul 14, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder said that the FBI has been investigating the civil rights issues for over a year. I doubt they're going to come up with anything new.
They need the turnout edge for 2014.

The Occupier would not have won Florida if not for this show trial.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#5835 Jul 14, 2013
I found it odd that the term perception was not used more. If my head was being hit onto cement do I have to take time to factually judge the damage or lack of damage being done?

Would my perception that the banging of my head onto cement hurts therefore can't be good and may be quite injurious be a justified conclusion?

An attack, skirmish between two people that lasts more than 30 seconds can result only in serious injury to one or the other. The longer the attack, the more likely of serious injury or death to one or the other.

What one perceives under stress is the question.

The police arrived approx. 30 to 45 seconds after the shot. If they had arrived in that time frame and saw Martin shot while on top of Zimmerman what would the outcome have been in a legal sense?

The outcome would have been the same but now you have a Police eyewitness.

What would have been the outcome?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5836 Jul 14, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of new, Jack Cashill was interviewed tonight.(Disclosure: He is writing a book about this.) Did you know that Trayvon's father left his mother while Trayvon was really little, then Trayvon was raised by a stepmother, then Trayvon's father left the stepmother for the current girlfriend? It was at that point that Trayvon started getting into trouble (3 suspensions by February of a school year, for one thing?). So, so sad.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

#5837 Jul 14, 2013
Conservative wrote:
I found it odd that the term perception was not used more. If my head was being hit onto cement do I have to take time to factually judge the damage or lack of damage being done? Would my perception that the banging of my head onto cement hurts therefore can't be good and may be quite injurious be a justified conclusion?
An attack, skirmish between two people that lasts more than 30 seconds can result only in serious injury to one or the other. The longer the attack, the more likely of serious injury or death to one or the other.
What one perceives under stress is the question.

Right, you only have to believe that severe damage is likely if not intervened with. Does a shooter have to hit you with a bullet before you're allowed to shoot back?

[QUOTE]The police arrived approx. 30 to 45 seconds after the shot. If they had arrived in that time frame and saw Martin shot while on top of Zimmerman what would the outcome have been in a legal sense?
The outcome would have been the same but now you have a Police eyewitness.
What would have been the outcome?
Probably the same, given that the charges were brought for political reasons. From the moment Obama opened his mouth, an arrest and trial was a foregone conclusion.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#5838 Jul 14, 2013
A COMMENT FROM JUDGE ROBERT STEIGMANN:
Conservative commentators (like Mark Levin) and bloggers are completely wrong to criticize the trial judge in the Zimmerman case for questioning the defendant to ensure his decision not to testify is knowingly made. Hereís why.

A defendantís decision whether to testify is personal to him, just like his decisions whether (1) to plead guilty or not guilty and (2) to have a jury trial or a bench trial. His attorney can and should advise him about his decision to testify, but that decision remains the defendantís to make.

Many cases have arisen in which convicted defendants have filed postconviction petitions claiming their rights were violated because they wanted to testify and their attorneys wouldnít let them. Similarly, many other cases have arisen in which convicted defendants claim that they never wanted to testify but their lawyers forced them to. An often troubling aspect of these cases is that what the defendants allege is true because their lawyers, out of ignorance, did not know that the decision about testifying is personal to the defendant.

As a judge on the Illinois Fourth District Appellate Court, I wrote a decision 14 years ago urging trial judges to make a record regarding a defendantís decision to testify precisely as the trial judge did with George Zimmerman, which, of course, must take place out of the presence of the jury.(See People v. Frieberg, 305 Ill. App. 3d 840, 852, 238 Ill. Dec. 964, 973, 713 N.E.2d 210, 219 (4th Dist. 1999).) Iím gratified to report that trial judges throughout Illinois are following my advice and admonishing defendants accordingly.

Happily, it doesnít matter.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#5839 Jul 15, 2013
Reader has been glaringly absent....

The jury had no choice but to come back with a not guilty verdict. Prosecution had the burden of proof and did not meet those standards.

Now this circus that is being fueled by civil rights leaders need to STFU. There is nothing civil about their antics. If they want to make things more "fair", encourage legislative changes.

Columbus, OH

#5840 Jul 15, 2013
Just watched Sharpton opine on the Today show. Good gravy is all I can say. Silliness. Please encourage more riots.

Side note: he looks like sheit. I thought I was thin, he puts me to shame...

Ivy League-ISIS

#5841 Jul 15, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Reader has been glaringly absent....
The jury had no choice but to come back with a not guilty verdict. Prosecution had the burden of proof and did not meet those standards.
Now this circus that is being fueled by civil rights leaders need to STFU. There is nothing civil about their antics. If they want to make things more "fair", encourage legislative changes.
Reader has been schooled.

Might not be back for a few weeks. Note how long Kosmik has been gone.

The remainder of the forum left is the loony wing of Akron lawyers.

Sharpton won't shut up until he's hit with millions in personal damages.

Columbus, OH

#5842 Jul 15, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader has been schooled.
Might not be back for a few weeks. Note how long Kosmik has been gone.
The remainder of the forum left is the loony wing of Akron lawyers.
Sharpton won't shut up until he's hit with millions in personal damages.
I really have taken into consideration the emotion on all sides in this case. The law prevails...don't like it, vote and change it.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#5843 Jul 15, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, Rhino. Found not guilty by a jury of peers. Previously convicted by race baiting fools and portrayed by the media as a white vs black incident to push for gun control.

Either way, because of the way this was handled...from the media, organizations and especially the administration directing the DOJ's involvement it was blown out of proportion. And race relations have suffered.
A murderer walks free.
Justice was not served.
Shame on our justice system.

A lowly neighborhood watchman chased a young teenager down shot him in cold blood and a jury of "his peers" set him free...

Un-fkn-believable.

But kill some dogs and let they other side raise hell about it...You go to jail.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Brooklyn, New York

#5844 Jul 15, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see a link to your epidemic of white on white insurance murders.
You are so desperate that you're making things up out of thin air.
You can watch the ID channel or national geographic channel and get all the info you need on that...

You act as if it doesn't happen...link on white insurance murders...You gotta be fkn kidding me.

Brooklyn, New York

#5845 Jul 15, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks riot and burn down their own neighborhoods. Real smart, that.
So do whites. After football games and every fkn Euro-soccer game.

Take a hike, junior. You are looking stupid.

Brooklyn, New York

#5846 Jul 15, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because it has become obvious that the election was manipulated with the vote count and with federal agency intimidation, mainly by the IRS and NSA.
That's how.
You believe that bullshit don't you?

Don't confuse a lame verdict from a backwards ass community in Florida convince you that you know how the presidency was won. The republican side was caught cheating a few times with voter fraud in this election. Not to mention another Florida debacle with the bush campaign.

Any proof to your accusations?

Hilliard, OH

#5848 Jul 15, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that is going to happen. Why are you people so lawsuit-crazy? Whatever happened to making a living with your own wits, abilities and hard work?
Why don't you ask that question to Ashtray's parents? Money won't raise him from the dead.

Hilliard, OH

#5849 Jul 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
So do whites. After football games and every fkn Euro-soccer game.
Take a hike, junior. You are looking stupid.
Show me the last time whites rioted over a European soccer game in AMERICA.
We're not talking about Europe, moron.

Brooklyn, New York

#5850 Jul 15, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the last time whites rioted over a European soccer game in AMERICA.
We're not talking about Europe, moron.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campu...

There's one for you. Some Klantucky fans fitting the bill. Not euro trash soccer, but good enough.
Let me know if you need to see more to open your eyes to the truth.

We are talking about the mentality. Now you don't want to be linked to your European ancestry, eh junior?

Fkn hilarious.

You failed to tell me what YOU won with this verdict. Have you received your Zimmerman prize in the mail yet? Is it a shinny new 9mm? A new hood with the holes cut out?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5851 Jul 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
A murderer walks free.
Justice was not served.
Shame on our justice system.
A lowly neighborhood watchman chased a young teenager down shot him in cold blood and a jury of "his peers" set him free...
Un-fkn-believable.
But kill some dogs and let they other side raise hell about it...You go to jail.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
interesting direction your opinion has.

Mike Vick should not have gone to jail for killing dogs in my opinion either. I do not agree with the behavior though.

But George Zimmerman had every right to question anybody trespassing on property who he did not know who it was. Neighborhoods for groups for reasons.

Yes this was tragedy. Let's just hope people learn from tragedy.

What is un-beleivable to me is how a situation where a kid is walking home from buying snacks, turns in to a situation where one is dead.

It seems so simple to me that Trayvon should have went directly to his father to explain the situation, and made Zimmerman wait outside. All he had to do was say I can not speak to you, and you have to talk to my Dad.

It would seem that instead a punch breaking a nose, and then bashing head into the ground occurred.

So you say justice was not served, but had Zimmerman lived through the beating, would justice be assault with intent to kill against Trayvon been justice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder Suspect Admits To Chopping Up Former Gir... 6 min He Is An Animal 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 14 min Lady Jane 4,589
BREAKING: Ferguson GJ Ruling Reached 16 min They cannot kill ... 3
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 32 min Go Blue Forever 459
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 54 min They cannot kill ... 10
Western & Southern seeks agents in Columbus area 1 hr IMPEACH OBAMA 1
The best city for the 2016 Democratic National ... 2 hr Jonathon 0
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 6 hr Nice Try 2,517
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:12 pm PST

ESPN12:12PM
Manziel, entourage involved in fight at hotel