The George Zimmerman Case!

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#5466 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>And she fit that bill:

Years before they would endure a televised pummeling in the Florida courtroom of Judge Debra Nelson, the two lawyers representing accused murderer George Zimmerman actually donated money to the prickly jurist’s first election campaign, records show.

In 1999, Republican Governor Jeb Bush appointed Nelson, a lifelong Democrat, to fill a vacancy in the 18th Judicial Circuit (covering Seminole and Brevard counties). When Nelson ran the following year for a full six-year term, she donated 85 percent of her campaign’s $151,000 war chest.

The balance of Nelson’s contributions came that year from scores of Florida attorneys and law firms. Division of Elections records show that the judicial candidate’s financial supporters included Zimmerman lawyers Mark O’Mara and Don West, both of whom have felt the 59-year-old Nelson’s wrath over the past several weeks.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/trayvon-m...

An across the aisle appointment, coupled with the perception of acceptability by the defense counsel. Politically ideal in this situation.
Are you trying to mix political affiliation into this?

No relevance at all...

Reaching for straws now...Just for an excuse when George gets found guilty.

Fkn hilarious.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#5467 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Say what? If Nelson is an example of competence, then Florida has big problems.
Let's not forget Lance Ito, either. The only reason he was assigned to the OJ trial was because he was Asian.
That's bullshit. Why would him being Asian make a difference to the letter of the law and evidence?
Conservative

Xenia, OH

#5468 Jul 12, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't "changed". Note the term "lesser included". It means exactly what it says.
Like the old Progresso Soup commercials: "Its in there".
woof
Zimmerman was not proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be guilty of anything. The use of lesser charges is because of the prosecutions lack of evidence to convict on anything and are hoping for a guilty verdict on something.

When I first watched the trial I was confused as to who was presenting their case. Turned out to be the prosecution and I was wondering what were they thinking presenting witness after witness that supported the Defense.

How in good conscious could the judge allow after both sides completed their presentations allow this farce to go forward and not grant the Defense motion to dismiss was beyond me.

Zimmerman probably will be found guilty of something, not because he is guilty of anything but because he has to be. A sad state of affairs and a sad statement of the U.S. Judicial System and the U.S. as a whole.

This was a trial based on racial annymousity nothing more. I was unaware if the question was asked, Why didn't Martin go home if that was where he was headed regardless of someone following him. Why was he so aware that someone was following him if that was the case? I've walked many places and I'm am sure someone was following me in some manner and was completely unaware. What made Martin look over his shoulder so to speak when so close to home and never complete the short distance to home?
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#5469 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ask you this...did you contribute to Deb O'Neill back in the day? I can't imagine anyone with an ounce of self respect giving her a dime.
Don't you try to buy forgiveness every week?

woof

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5470 Jul 12, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to mix political affiliation into this?
No relevance at all...
Reaching for straws now...Just for an excuse when George gets found guilty.
Fkn hilarious.
If you think this isn't political, you're beyond help.

(CNN)-- The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/san...

Since: Jan 12

United States

#5471 Jul 12, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Re-read the first paragraph:
ORLANDO — Debra S. Nelson ... has a reputation for working hard, being ambitious and imposing long prison terms.
Republicans usually like judges like that, don't they?
Yep, EBob, it's the Republicans who pride themselves on 'throwing away the key ' starting with Mr. Law & Order himself ...Tricky Dick. Nixon. Now that there's a chance for someone to get the hammer for killing a black who's not black, you'll get blowhards like Bunker yelling foul. What's good for the goose...

America's chickens coming home to roost. The law & order crowd are only pro tough when it comes to locking blacks up. We all know well that 99% of blacks who kill someone, regardless of the circumstances, ends up in prison!

A guy in my aunts neighborhood shot a dude who climbed into his little sisters bedroom window from the roof last year, is now being charged with manslaughter, eventhough he stated the burglar 'charged him ' before he fired.

Blacks go to prison overwhelmingly more than whites for similar offences.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#5472 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>If you think this isn't political, you're beyond help.
(CNN)-- The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.
Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.
"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/san...
Bill Lee is bitter that he was canned for Not doing his job. The lead investigator wanted to originally charge Zimmerman but was silenced by Lee who, once again, favored Zimmerman because of his daddy. Isn't that political favoritism!!

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5473 Jul 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, EBob, it's the Republicans who pride themselves on 'throwing away the key ' starting with Mr. Law & Order himself ...Tricky Dick. Nixon. Now that there's a chance for someone to get the hammer for killing a black who's not black, you'll get blowhards like Bunker yelling foul. What's good for the goose...
America's chickens coming home to roost. The law & order crowd are only pro tough when it comes to locking blacks up. We all know well that 99% of blacks who kill someone, regardless of the circumstances, ends up in prison!
A guy in my aunts neighborhood shot a dude who climbed into his little sisters bedroom window from the roof last year, is now being charged with manslaughter, eventhough he stated the burglar 'charged him ' before he fired.
And was this "guy" under any sort of judicial restriction regarding gun possession?

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5474 Jul 12, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you try to buy forgiveness every week?
woof
There's sincerity involved in the confessional. And who goes every week? You really are clueless about the religion you hate so much.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5475 Jul 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Bill Lee is bitter that he was canned for Not doing his job. The lead investigator wanted to originally charge Zimmerman but was silenced by Lee who, once again, favored Zimmerman because of his daddy. Isn't that political favoritism!!
You have it backwards. Bill Lee was canned for DOING his job.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5476 Jul 12, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
That's bullshit. Why would him being Asian make a difference to the letter of the law and evidence?
Get real. They wanted a perception of no racial bias from either side. That was discussed all throughout the media at the time.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5477 Jul 12, 2013
Naw...no politics here:

"Thirty thousand protesters demanded an arrest and a trial, and we gave that to them..."
-Cecil Smith, Sanford Police chief, Friday, July 12, 2013.

We want Barabbas!
Enzyte Bob

Denver, CO

#5478 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ask you this...did you contribute to Deb O'Neill back in the day? I can't imagine anyone with an ounce of self respect giving her a dime.
I'm not a player so I don't get involved in those things. however the criminal attorneys I know we'll donate to anybody theyre in front of unless they absolutely despise them and that includes both Republicans and Democrats.think of it as kind of the academy and with them supporting their colleagues.

it's not as malevolent as it sounds. you are in front of these judges everyday and you have a repore with them. if you like them you donate. party really has nothing to do with it. sometimes you do it for business purposes, but a lot of the time its either because they like the judge as a person or because they have an inflated sense of self and it makes them feel like they are players by donating to judges.
Enzyte Bob

Denver, CO

#5479 Jul 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, EBob, it's the Republicans who pride themselves on 'throwing away the key ' starting with Mr. Law & Order himself ...Tricky Dick. Nixon. Now that there's a chance for someone to get the hammer for killing a black who's not black, you'll get blowhards like Bunker yelling foul. What's good for the goose...
America's chickens coming home to roost. The law & order crowd are only pro tough when it comes to locking blacks up. We all know well that 99% of blacks who kill someone, regardless of the circumstances, ends up in prison!
A guy in my aunts neighborhood shot a dude who climbed into his little sisters bedroom window from the roof last year, is now being charged with manslaughter, eventhough he stated the burglar 'charged him ' before he fired.
Blacks go to prison overwhelmingly more than whites for similar offences.
.
I'm not going to argue with you on that one there. you speak the truth however it's not so much a black and white thing is you know. it's probably more of a money, behavior, social status thing.
Enzyte Bob

Denver, CO

#5480 Jul 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Bill Lee is bitter that he was canned for Not doing his job. The lead investigator wanted to originally charge Zimmerman but was silenced by Lee who, once again, favored Zimmerman because of his daddy. Isn't that political favoritism!!
I think you should watch the interview Bill did on CNN. I didn't watch it butfrom what I've read it struck me how scrupulous he comes across as being.watch him or read his interview and do it with an open mind.
Enzyte Bob

Denver, CO

#5481 Jul 12, 2013
I am using the google voice dictation so I apologize for my spelling
Enzyte Bob

Denver, CO

#5482 Jul 12, 2013
Spelling rapport as repore is down right embarrassing but it's too hard to edit a smartphone.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#5483 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>And was this "guy" under any sort of judicial restriction regarding gun possession?
Don't know about his background but it shouldn't matter. A man was in his little sister's bedroom, a total stranger who was from Cleveland. If they're going to charge him with anything it should be 'weapons under disability ' only IF he has a felony, not a charge of manslaughter when he was in his own home and an intruder broke in.

Just more proof of Constitutional violations of blacks rights of 2nd amendment and 'equal protection' under the law. You wonder why FBI stats are high concerning blacks, OVER CHARGING, rights violations by cops, prosecutors, and sentencing judges.

I hope he gets a good attorney that will raise these concerns in court, then file a motion to drop all charges. The guy is only 19. The burglar was 27.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#5484 Jul 12, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Naw...no politics here:
"Thirty thousand protesters demanded an arrest and a trial, and we gave that to them..."
-Cecil Smith, Sanford Police chief, Friday, July 12, 2013.
We want Barabbas!
That's because Sanford police were going to sweep this case under the rug. The lead investigator wanted to charge Zimmerman, but 'political influence' stopped him in his tracts. The public got involved because Zimmerman was told not to follow, he what he wanted to do anyway and a innocent kid gets killed.

Had Zimmerman been a black who was told by a quasi authority figure NOT to do something and he disobeyed causing the death of a white teen, wth do you think the cops would have done --told him to go home and chill out? Hell no! He'd be charged with aggregated murder instead.

“Hillary 4 prison 2016”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#5485 Jul 12, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Zimmerman been a black who was told by a quasi authority figure NOT to do something and he disobeyed causing the death of a white teen, wth do you think the cops would have done
quasi authority figure? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha

Way to reach WA,
a CIVILIAN radio dispatcher with NO AUTHORITY is what he was.

The "we don't need you to do that" advisement has nothing to do with the law regarding self defense.

Again also,
following is NOT against the law.

Whether or not Zimmerman listened to a suggestion from a civilian radio dispatcher has nothing to do with the law regarding justifiable homicide.

Justifiable fear of death or imminent bodily harm period the end.

http://grumpyelder.com/2013/07/wrong-side-of-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
katie mcdonald 2 min Posting as myself 2
4147 Anna Maria Dr is a grow house 4 min El Perro Loco 8
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 5 min Seriouslady 129
Monsanto = Poison = Clinton 7 min Seriouslady 24
Witness reveals Muslim radicals in hearing 1 hr They cannot kill ... 8
News Eight Somali store operators charged in food-st... (May '10) 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 104
News Columbus veteran, ousted for sexual orientation... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 8
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 5 hr Posting as myself 51
Topix Closes Human Sexuality Forums 5 hr Posting as myself 30

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages