The George Zimmerman Case!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5294 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys need to be careful about jumping on these bandwagons. "Community Relations Service" scandal seems to be another trumped up offense. Nothing there.
From John Hinderaker, very conservative blogger:
==========
... And the expense reimbursement forms suggest that CRS employees worked with all parties, not just the protesters:
On March 30-April 1, 2012, CRS was in Sanford, FL to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.
So, do we have on our hands here another Obama administration scandal, featuring Eric Holder’s DOJ? To me, it doesn’t look that way. I don’t doubt that the DOJ employees worked hand in glove with the protesters, but there is little reason to doubt that they at least purported to carry out their statutory peacemaking role by working with all parties. And there is no reason to think that the pro-Trayvon demonstrations wouldn’t have happened, or would have been significantly different, without whatever aid they got from DOJ.
My overriding reaction is, why are we taxpayers paying for a goofy mediation service within the Department of Justice?
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/07...
The House Judiciary Committee, under Goodlatte, is investigating, so we will see.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5295 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The House Judiciary Committee, under Goodlatte, is investigating, so we will see.
You have to have some semblance of discernment when it comes to these matters or you lose credibility. But it is pretty clear Zimmerman is getting railroaded. It was clear from the beginning, and even more clear now.

This is a show trial that rivals something the USSR would have put on. Guilty or innocent, Zimmerman is supposed to take a sword to keep the natives from rioting.

As an adult, I can see very clearly that the Soviets were, to a degree, right about this country. We are not that much different than they were.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5296 Jul 11, 2013
Bernie de la Rionda: "... Skittles! And he didn't even steal them. He actually paid for them!"

LOL! Who's the racist now, Bernie?

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5297 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to have some semblance of discernment when it comes to these matters or you lose credibility. But it is pretty clear Zimmerman is getting railroaded. It was clear from the beginning, and even more clear now.
This is a show trial that rivals something the USSR would have put on. Guilty or innocent, Zimmerman is supposed to take a sword to keep the natives from rioting.
As an adult, I can see very clearly that the Soviets were, to a degree, right about this country. We are not that much different than they were.
That's what 70 years of infiltration in academia, media and government results in.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5298 Jul 11, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
This would be high comedy but for the matter of an innocent man fighting for his life. The idea of third degree murder based on child abuse is evidence of the panic emanating from the White House, the DOJ and Angela Corey's office. Even Nelson realized what a fool she would have looked like had she allowed it. And it's a hoot that Corey would try for child abuse after running a 12 year old through adult court for murder in the past.
Angela Corey is a Republican. Republican or Democrat, you give people too much power and they trample on your rights. This is going to cost Zimmerman plenty all because no public officials had the rocks to stand up to a mob and tell them the truth.

This is why people like Rand Paul resonate with people like me. No more world's policeman, no more stupid wars that are of no interest to the US, and preservation of our rights are our only defense against government running amok.

I don't know if Florida has sovereign immunity, but I hope Zimmerman starts filing civil suits right and left over this one. He needs to hit not only institutions, but he needs to hit all the players individually, too.

Start with the reporters at NBC, Angela Corey and go down to the cameramen and the guy in the edit suite who presented biased videos to gin up a controversy. Make them think twice the next time they want to railroad someone.

Location hidden

#5299 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilty or innocent, Zimmerman is supposed to take a sword to keep the natives from rioting.

You won't find a majority of Americans agreeing with those statements.

Location hidden

#5300 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Angela Corey is a Republican. Republican or Democrat, you give people too much power and they trample on your rights. This is going to cost Zimmerman plenty all because no public officials had the rocks to stand up to a mob and tell them the truth.
This is why people like Rand Paul resonate with people like me. No more world's policeman, no more stupid wars that are of no interest to the US, and preservation of our rights are our only defense against government running amok.
I don't know if Florida has sovereign immunity, but I hope Zimmerman starts filing civil suits right and left over this one. He needs to hit not only institutions, but he needs to hit all the players individually, too.
Start with the reporters at NBC, Angela Corey and go down to the cameramen and the guy in the edit suite who presented biased videos to gin up a controversy. Make them think twice the next time they want to railroad someone.
"If I had a son..." is the explanation for all.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5301 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find a majority of Americans agreeing with those statements.
I don't see why they wouldn't. How is the persecution of George Zimmerman by government appratchiks any different from what the Soviets used to do?

It starts with Angela Corey, Republican apparatchik, right through the prosecution, and stops with the judge. Nelson is supposed to bend over backwards to allow the defendant to reasonably defend himself against allegations made by "the state". Disallowing phone messages containing statements showing Martin had a propensity for violent behavior was simply over the top.

This is simply a show trial, just to keep the natives calm during the hot summer.

Location hidden

#5303 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why they wouldn't. How is the persecution of George Zimmerman by government appratchiks any different from what the Soviets used to do?
It starts with Angela Corey, Republican apparatchik, right through the prosecution, and stops with the judge. Nelson is supposed to bend over backwards to allow the defendant to reasonably defend himself against allegations made by "the state". Disallowing phone messages containing statements showing Martin had a propensity for violent behavior was simply over the top.
This is simply a show trial, just to keep the natives calm during the hot summer.
What I am saying is that the majority of Americans see through this travesty and do not believe that we are, or should become, a totalitarian state.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5305 Jul 11, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
He scares easy. Maybe they have a sewing club in his development that would have been a better fit.
Let's see your "courage" while getting your head beaten into the sidewalk after suffering a broken nose.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#5306 Jul 11, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
This case shows how far gone liberals are in destroying America.

This court is acting like third world savages out to get Zimmerman. They have no respect for the rule of law or for truth.
What tha shit does this have to do with anyone's political agenda?

This was a cold blooded murder of an unarmed teenager by a fkn neighborhood watchman. Very simple. No one will win an office seat behind this.

Brooklyn, New York

#5308 Jul 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>Every person in this country has that kind of power unless the courts take it away for the reasons prescribed in law. You don't lose your right to defend yourself when you volunteer for neighborhood watch.
Defending yourself is not on trial. Overstepping your authority is.

You don't have the right to pursue someone on your neighborhood because you think they are suspicious then shoot them. Rational thought and critical thinking must accompany you when you are a gun owner. Dumb George clearly lacked these skills. This is why he is on court.

Brooklyn, New York

#5310 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Bottom line: If the jury follows the law, they will not be able to return a guilty verdict on the initial charge, or any of the last-minute, kitchen-sink charges cooked up by a floundering state.
That's your opinion, not the law...He shot an unarmed teenager, when he could have went home.

And that's the bottom line.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5311 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am saying is that the majority of Americans see through this travesty and do not believe that we are, or should become, a totalitarian state.
I agree with that, I'm just saying that all organizations and institutions have sort of a momentum of their own. The groupthink that led to the IRS singling out members of the Tea Party for scrutiny is the same one that resulted in Zimmerman being thrown under the bus. For that matter, it's the same dynamics that resulted in the execution of 6 million Jews in WWII.

It's difficult for someone in an organization stop to say "Wait. What's are we doing here?" You get treated as a malcontent and not a "team player" when you do that.

They sent up Zimmerman to placate the natives for this reason alone. Nobody had the rocks to get in front of a TV and tell people how it is.... and the Republicans railroaded him to keep this issue from affecting Romney.

Brooklyn, New York

#5312 Jul 11, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>You have to have some semblance of discernment when it comes to these matters or you lose credibility. But it is pretty clear Zimmerman is getting railroaded. It was clear from the beginning, and even more clear now.

Railroaded? How so?

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5313 Jul 11, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No proof that his nose was broken.
2. I would never have gotten myself into that ridiculous situation.
1. ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-med...

2. One more reason you'd be a lousy neighbor.

Location hidden

#5314 Jul 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
What tha shit does this have to do with anyone's political agenda?
This was a cold blooded murder of an unarmed teenager by a fkn neighborhood watchman. Very simple. No one will win an office seat behind this.
In fear of the PBGI, not a single elected or appointed official was willing to speak the truth to the grievance-mongers: there was no cause to charge George Zimmerman. In fact, any inteliigent judge would have dismissed this case immediately. Instead, the p#ssies decided to press forward, allowing a citizen jury to be the fall guy. As the trial wraps up, they recognize an acquittal is imminent, but the PBGI is still prepared to destroy them. So...they have attempted to redefine the charges, hoping the jury can find some way to avoid acquittal...er, I mean...avoid the riots.

Leftists. They're all about redefinition. And never reality.

Progressive leadership at its best.

Location hidden

#5315 Jul 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion, not the law...He shot an unarmed teenager, when he could have went home.
That's your opinion.
And the state failed to prove it.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5316 Jul 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Ashtray go home? His body lay 210 feet from his father's girlfriend's front door.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5317 Jul 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Railroaded? How so?
(CNN)-- The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/san...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 24 min Annie 37
Federal lands in America 41 min Seriouslady 171
Travel to Europe... warning issued 50 min Boomer7 6
Men in the Girls Bathroom 3 hr Black Rhino 402
Obama appoints Muslim liaison to WH 4 hr Seriouslady 4
Donald Trump Big Liar 5 hr Just Sayin 16
Democraps....the party of rape 11 hr Seriouslady 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages