Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5270 Jul 11, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. If I were a juror, I would keep in mind that the prosecution is playing oops. Interesting point, that I did not take into consideration, that I heard this morning. If they had charged him with manslaughter, his bail would have been less. I call foul that you can change the charge. If they thought they had enough for murder two, than that's what you go for, no changing the rules because you didn't prove your case.
Only analogy I can come up with...you don't take away a run in a baseball game because home plate was an inch off.
I think that when your work is being overseen by the top dogs in government, anything can happen. It is my opinion that it is especially important that Zimmerman receive a guilty verdict, regardless of anyone's performance - by whatever means necessary.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5271 Jul 11, 2013
Bottom line: If the jury follows the law, they will not be able to return a guilty verdict on the initial charge, or any of the last-minute, kitchen-sink charges cooked up by a floundering state.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5272 Jul 11, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
This case shows how far gone liberals are in destroying America.
This court is acting like third world savages out to get Zimmerman. They have no respect for the rule of law or for truth.
Guess you haven't been paying attention. The Court has bent over backwards to provide GZ a fair trial.

Even after the defense played fast and loose with the sequestration rule without informing the court, despite the fact that they were aware of exactly what happened before they called a key witness, that witness' testimony was not stricken.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5273 Jul 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he was "frightened" until he thought his life was in danger.
He put his own life in danger.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5274 Jul 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every person in this country has that kind of power unless the courts take it away for the reasons prescribed in law. You don't lose your right to defend yourself when you volunteer for neighborhood watch.
You're right Tony, the mere act of volunteering isn't at issue here.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5275 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Bottom line: If the jury follows the law, they will not be able to return a guilty verdict on the initial charge, or any of the last-minute, kitchen-sink charges cooked up by a floundering state.
so,you watched every minute of every witness' testimony?

Cause you know, that is the only possible way that you could arrive at that ridiculous conclusion.

woof

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5276 Jul 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Every person in this country has that kind of power unless the courts take it away for the reasons prescribed in law. You don't lose your right to defend yourself when you volunteer for neighborhood watch.
Don't you think the right to self defense is just a touch hypocritical when one is carrying a firearm with a full clip, as well as a round in the chamber, has already called police who told them to stand down, and then elected to literally go looking for trouble?

The troubling aspect of this case is that it looks more like Dirty Harry vigilantism than self defense.

Location hidden

#5277 Jul 11, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
so,you watched every minute of every witness' testimony?
Cause you know, that is the only possible way that you could arrive at that ridiculous conclusion.
woof
Stop pretending otherwise.
And stop pretending to be an attorney.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5278 Jul 11, 2013
This would be high comedy but for the matter of an innocent man fighting for his life. The idea of third degree murder based on child abuse is evidence of the panic emanating from the White House, the DOJ and Angela Corey's office. Even Nelson realized what a fool she would have looked like had she allowed it. And it's a hoot that Corey would try for child abuse after running a 12 year old through adult court for murder in the past.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5279 Jul 11, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Doesn't matter, if he thought his life as in danger, he had the right to protect it.

Hilliard, OH

#5280 Jul 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think the right to self defense is just a touch hypocritical when one is carrying a firearm with a full clip, as well as a round in the chamber, has already called police who told them to stand down, and then elected to literally go looking for trouble?
The troubling aspect of this case is that it looks more like Dirty Harry vigilantism than self defense.
So what do you call a police officer shooting an unarmed suspect in self defense?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5282 Jul 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think the right to self defense is just a touch hypocritical when one is carrying a firearm with a full clip, as well as a round in the chamber,

When your defending your own life, the means aren't important. He was legally carrying, and is entitled to use any means at his disposal.

[QUOTE] has already called police who told them to stand down,
Did not. "We don't need you to do that" is not an order. The person who said it even testified that it wasn't an order.
and then elected to literally go looking for trouble? The troubling aspect of this case is that it looks more like Dirty Harry vigilantism than self defense.
Not unless you make assumptions that aren't evidenced.

You're ASSUMING he continued to follow Martin after responding "OK" to the dispatcher's suggestion.

Hilliard, OH

#5283 Jul 11, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
You mean Ashtray? He was 210 feet from his father's girlfriend's door and could have called 911 instead of being on the phone promising to bring a big rack of ribs to the 300 pound slab of ghetto attitude when he got back to Miami.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5285 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pretending otherwise.
And stop pretending to be an attorney.
Agree about the pretending otherwise. I'm not a Zimmerman fan, but what Crump did before the trial - as an Officer of the Court - was just plain wrong, and I hope that is addressed later.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5286 Jul 11, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you haven't been paying attention. The Court has bent over backwards to provide GZ a fair trial.
Even after the defense played fast and loose with the sequestration rule without informing the court, despite the fact that they were aware of exactly what happened before they called a key witness, that witness' testimony was not stricken.
woof
Will you say he was given a fair trial if acquitted? I still hope certain acts are investigated, no matter how the jury decides.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5287 Jul 11, 2013
Someone needs to work with the prosecution on their next trial. They sound stressed and out of control of the situation, IMO.

Location hidden

#5288 Jul 11, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree about the pretending otherwise. I'm not a Zimmerman fan, but what Crump did before the trial - as an Officer of the Court - was just plain wrong, and I hope that is addressed later.
Absolutely agree. That...and the misconduct of our DOJ and its "Community Relations Service" with respect to this matter.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5289 Jul 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not. "We don't need you to do that" is not an order. The person who said it even testified that it wasn't an order.
<quoted text>
Not unless you make assumptions that aren't evidenced.
You're ASSUMING he continued to follow Martin after responding "OK" to the dispatcher's suggestion.
Well, seeing as Martin was not dead at the time of the phone call, and he did end up dead at George Zimmerman's hand, it does seem to bee a logical conclusion. The true underlying question is one of whether George Zimmerman's actions were reasonable. He elected to put himself in the position where he felt threatened, and police had already told him they were responding.

George's actions were anything but reasonable, and had he elected to allow law enforcement to address the situation, he wouldn't be in the position that he is now. Even if he is acquitted of murder, he's still going to be on the hook for the civil claim.

Do you really think the Dirty Harry route is worth screwing up the rest of one's life?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5290 Jul 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely agree. That...and the misconduct of our DOJ and its "Community Relations Service" with respect to this matter.
You guys need to be careful about jumping on these bandwagons. "Community Relations Service" scandal seems to be another trumped up offense. Nothing there.

From John Hinderaker, very conservative blogger:

==========

... And the expense reimbursement forms suggest that CRS employees worked with all parties, not just the protesters:

On March 30-April 1, 2012, CRS was in Sanford, FL to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.

So, do we have on our hands here another Obama administration scandal, featuring Eric Holder’s DOJ? To me, it doesn’t look that way. I don’t doubt that the DOJ employees worked hand in glove with the protesters, but there is little reason to doubt that they at least purported to carry out their statutory peacemaking role by working with all parties. And there is no reason to think that the pro-Trayvon demonstrations wouldn’t have happened, or would have been significantly different, without whatever aid they got from DOJ.

My overriding reaction is, why are we taxpayers paying for a goofy mediation service within the Department of Justice?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/07...
They cannot kill a spook

Toledo, OH

#5291 Jul 11, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, seeing as Martin was not dead at the time of the phone call, and he did end up dead at George Zimmerman's hand, it does seem to bee a logical conclusion. The true underlying question is one of whether George Zimmerman's actions were reasonable. He elected to put himself in the position where he felt threatened, and police had already told him they were responding.
George's actions were anything but reasonable, and had he elected to allow law enforcement to address the situation, he wouldn't be in the position that he is now. Even if he is acquitted of murder, he's still going to be on the hook for the civil claim.
Do you really think the Dirty Harry route is worth screwing up the rest of one's life?
A dispatcher not a police officer was what zimmerman was communicating with. As for law enforcement if they had done their jobs the thuglett would have already been in prison. Zimmerman did the right thing, why do you think the prosecutors didn't take it to a grand jury?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 4,646
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 4 hr Male 396
happy thanksgiving everyone! 4 hr Pale Rider 21
Missing Ohio State Football Player Subject of S... 5 hr The F uckeyes 1
Ferguson Missouri safer than Walmart in Circlev... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Gallup: Obama Approval Plunges with Working-Cla... 8 hr yeah baby yeah 2
Same USA? 8 hr yeah baby yeah 19
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search