Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5178 Jul 9, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Defense expert will side with Zimmerman. Biased opinion.
He has a better reputation than anyone the prosecution brought forth, and that's how the game is played.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5179 Jul 9, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling the jury made up of women, will believe anything. They don't know anything about a fight.
You are so right! Females have no business making money as rocket scientists, astronauts, engineers, doctors, lawyers or expert witnesses in a trial.

I'd be so impressed to have you leading me on by charming me about how right I am about my *facts*./s

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5180 Jul 9, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you advocating armed insurrection if you're so confident that Zimmerman is going to beat the rap?
Because we know what's likely to happen when he's acquitted. 10,144,603 more cases of self-defense.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#5181 Jul 10, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Not semantics. Many a jury has been polled in disbelief over the years.
True, not arguing that point; Casey Anthony, OJ, I'm sure many other cases that aren't "famous".

Watching my boyfriend and his panel this morning, rerun of his 10pm broadcast, defense needs to rest. I still stand by my statement that it will be interesting if the prosecution asks the jury to go for a lesser charge. Learned something new this morning about Florida law, 10/20/done. Someone may have discussed this previously. Even with a manslaughter conviction he could get life, but the prosecution looks silly to reduce the charges thus not proving what they charged Zimmerman with. Conundrum.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5182 Jul 10, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you advocating armed insurrection if you're so confident that Zimmerman is going to beat the rap?
You know he's guilty. Everyone knows he's guilty. You just think it's commendable to murder an unarmed young man solely because of the color of his skin. Not in this country, pallie.
your race card is worn out.

actions only are on trial here.

Action put a kid in the ground because of his actions.

Parenting teaches kids self respect, and respect for others. Not listening to common social rules is dangerous when you meet armed folk who refuse a thug of their fantasy of being above the law.

Zimmerman in Florida or any other State has the right to protect himself from aggressive thugs.

Drive by shootings of gang members by neighborhood watch teams is next on the agenda for raising property values in the neighborhoods.

My suggestion is you float on a raft out in front of Jersey for a few months. You don't want mistaken as the trash you portray here on topix.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

#5186 Jul 10, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
You implied armed insurrection here, tipitina. Don't be coy.
Preparing to defend oneself is not insurrection.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5188 Jul 10, 2013
Watched here and there this morning...the State is showing some serious control issues. Objection sustained for the defense, State issues big sigh and voice gets higher in pitch? Clearly losing control. That's not good.(And no, I'm not a big fan of O'Mara much, either, but I will read the book when it comes out.)

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#5189 Jul 10, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you're stroking to the point of a friction burn, Stymie.
I figured something idiotic would be your retort. When you know someone's correct you go into either name calling or sexual innuendo. Very classic Colby.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#5190 Jul 10, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> I figured something idiotic would be your retort. When you know someone's correct you go into either name calling or sexual innuendo. Very classic Colby.
You mean like Big Johnson?
And you're so wrong that you may be awakening to TV images of cities burning by the weekend.

Hilliard, OH

#5191 Jul 10, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly me. I forgot what thread I was in.
All of you have a rather distorted definition of "self-defense".
Those Jersey gun laws have made you a serf...and a pansy.

Hilliard, OH

#5192 Jul 10, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
I can't wait to watch all of your heads explode when Zimmerman is found guilty.
When the riots are on TV this weekend, I want to see you expressing your personal outrage in the streets, booner.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5193 Jul 10, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Watched here and there this morning...the State is showing some serious control issues. Objection sustained for the defense, State issues big sigh and voice gets higher in pitch? Clearly losing control. That's not good.(And no, I'm not a big fan of O'Mara much, either, but I will read the book when it comes out.)
All the defense motions and evidence that the judge is denying are more fodder for the appeal. And I do see, in my non-legal mind, a violation of Brady, which Tip can explain far better than I can.

Still, I've seen a 3 judge appellate deny a request for a new trial under Brady, and the facts could not have been more clear. Walked out of the appeal hearing thinking, "If we lose this one, there is no justice anywhere." When we received the written opinion....it had been denied. What a corrupt country we have here.
Gotta work now.

Columbus, OH

#5194 Jul 10, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>We're having poutine tonight.
Canadian poor man's pot luck! Stick with the chef boyardee spaghetti! You Frenchees are a hot mess.

Hilliard, OH

#5197 Jul 10, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Canadian poor man's pot luck! Stick with the chef boyardee spaghetti! You Frenchees are a hot mess.
You mean the stuff they get $12-$15 bucks for in nice restaurants? IT ain't just fries, gravy and curds anymore, Stymie. Ours had steak and onions. We've made it with lobster, turkey and stuffing, bacon and sausage.
BTW, may I remind you of the humble origins of foods like lobster? There were prison riots 80 years ago in the Maritimes because the inmates complained of having to eat it three days a week.
You need to get your impressions of Canada and Québec from someplace other than SNL.

Columbus, OH

#5198 Jul 10, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like Big Johnson?
And you're so wrong that you may be awakening to TV images of cities burning by the weekend.
You're on par with that freak now? I thought you had more dignity than that...guess not.
Looker

Watseka, IL

#5199 Jul 10, 2013
More off-topic stuff?

Hilliard, OH

#5200 Jul 10, 2013
Looker wrote:
More off-topic stuff?
That's what happens when out of town trolls show up.

Hilliard, OH

#5202 Jul 10, 2013
Hey, Reader...your lies are coming back to bite you:

Defense attorneys on Wednesday called one of their last witnesses as they started winding down their case. Public safety consultant Dennis Root testified that Martin was in better physical shape than Zimmerman, and that the neighborhood watch volunteer wasn't any athlete.

"He would find himself lacking when compared to Mr. Martin," Root said of Zimmerman.

During cross-examination of Root, prosecutor John Guy used a life-sized foam mannequin in front of the jury to simulate the body positions of Zimmerman and Martin at the time of the shooting.

Straddling the dummy, Guy proposed a scenario in which Martin was on top of Zimmerman and asked Root if it was possible that Martin was backing away from Zimmerman at the time of the fatal gunshot.

"Yes," Root said.

Root also said he may have taken different actions if he were in Zimmerman's situation, but said that "it's just a matter of what you as the individual view as options."

Using the same mannequin during further questioning of Root, defense attorney Mark O'Mara challenged the notion of Martin retreating. Root said that while multiple gun angles were possible, he had no specific information to say what position Martin was in when he was shot.

"I think you're not going to be involved in a conflict like this without it being dynamic," Root said.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEI...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#5203 Jul 10, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be no rational debate with the poster known as Pale Rider aka Fry Queen.
In fact, many of you pro-Martin posters exited reality long ago.
More like moved on. There's a difference. There's no rational debate. Just a bunch of ad-hominem attacks and juvenile behavior.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#5204 Jul 10, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost 7000 posts of no purpose. Okey dokey, then.
The idiocy of your post is that you think I don't see how inane EVERY post is, including my own. I don't think of Topix as something important. It's a way to waste time. I have less time to waste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 35 min xxxrayted 31,462
Should Reynoldsburg superintendent Tina-Thomas ... 43 min They cannot kill ... 7
7mo prego couple seeking bi girl. 1 hr sidekick 6
These Are The Religious Denominations That (Fin... 1 hr RevKen 5
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Wait what 3,536
Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 4 hr Bama Yankee 23
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 4 hr -The-Artist- 5
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 382
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 11 hr Old Timer 951

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]