Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Never a peep from you when Reader pontificates like Alan Dershowitz, though. Why is that, wee man?
The exploding heads on your side when Zimmerman is acquitted will be epic. I want to see you and Reader head over to boonerville and stand in solidarity with your animal friends as they start rioting.
Ummmm, where exactly is 'boonerville'?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as their own ME. MUCH was left in question by the prosecution's 'expert.'
Still, Zimmerman may be convicted. No one can predict what a jury will do. Wouldn't be the first injustice done in our courts.
Tony, I haven't followed this day by day, nor was I there that night like Reader. Was Martin 'trespassing' through the gated area? Did his toxicology report indicate the use of illegal drugs.
Trayvon was not trespassing. He was walking back to his father's fiancee's house, where he was visiting.

The toxicology report was ruled inadmissible because it is not relevant. However, it revealed traces of a byproduct of THC consistent with marijuana use sometime in the lasr 60 days.Think you might find the same if you randomly tested students from somewhere like, say, Hilliard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC was so clearly in the wrong, most likely they will make an out of court settlement.
As far as the two journalists they threw under the bus, what they put forth was a direct influence of the enviroment at NBC, and was, most likely, approved or even encouraged, by their superiors.
Zimmerman was likely hoping for an early out of court settlement to finance his defense.

Didn't happen. Looks like NBC is sticking to their guns.

Che asked a key legal question. What quantifiable harm can Zimmerman claim?

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, where exactly is 'boonerville'?
Where you live.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon was not trespassing. He was walking back to his father's fiancee's house, where he was visiting.
The toxicology report was ruled inadmissible because it is not relevant. However, it revealed traces of a byproduct of THC consistent with marijuana use sometime in the lasr 60 days.Think you might find the same if you randomly tested students from somewhere like, say, Hilliard.
Would you care to provide a link to any criminal activity by Hilliard students in recent months?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Many who have carefully followed the case since the beginning are hoping and praying for such an outcome.
But I am not so cold as to be able to find some sympathy for the killer. The Zimmerman family appears to be plagued with dysfunctions. One might also hope that the flip side of justice in this case mignt be for some individuals in that family to begin to let go of their deadly armor of hatred.
Among things that will never be brought before the jury are the publications of Zimmerman's father, mother and brother. Even while they proclaim what an upright and unprejudiced person that George is, they have demonstrated over and over a crude disregard for justice and persons of color.
Shall we discuss the dysfunctions in your family, Reader?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
They did the best with what they had. Which given the 'stand your ground' law, was not much. The defense will be more agressive because they have the actual law on their side. And more information will be brought out about the deceased.
WW, you've got this one spot on. A tragedy for both families turned into a sideshow by folks like Reader, just for PC's sake.
If you are expecting the defense to enter a smear campaign against the victim such as the one they have carried out online and through the media, forget it. Most of that garbage has already been ruled inadmissible based on relevance. I look for the defense to try anyway and for the judge to hold firm. Beyond relevance, the defense would also have to authenticate and overcome hearsay rules. I look for more whining and arguing, but no wins.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Would you care to provide a link to any criminal activity by Hilliard students in recent months?
http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/h...

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
LOL! A graduation party, with adults present, is all douche can come up with!
See why we raised our kids here, Eric?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Shall we discuss the dysfunctions in your family, Reader?
Been very open about them.

What exactly would you like to discuss?

In the case of the Zimmermans, however, I am not seeing evidence of recovery, with the possible exception of the cousin who revealed abuse. All the rest seem to be deeply mired in denial.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Where you live.
Well, then, I'll already be there, won't I?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
Apparently I am on a tirade this morning. The prosecution has the burden of proof...they failed.
"GlitterSucks"
Bullshit, the prosecution has proven Zimmerman to be innocent.
Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! A graduation party, with adults present, is all douche can come up with!
Contributing to the delinquency right a bell?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Contributing to the delinquency right a bell?
30 years ago, that was called "doing the right thing" when it came to graduation parties.
I rarely praise the Europeans for having a better grip on social issues that Americans, but they've got it right when it comes to alcohol. Here, the pseudo-prohibition of under-21 drinking has done an incredible amount of damage. Binge drinking soared in the '80s and '90s.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>30 years ago, that was called "doing the right thing" when it came to graduation parties.
I rarely praise the Europeans for having a better grip on social issues that Americans, but they've got it right when it comes to alcohol. Here, the pseudo-prohibition of under-21 drinking has done an incredible amount of damage. Binge drinking soared in the '80s and '90s.
When has smokin weed with your kids been a good thing?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
When has smokin weed with your kids been a good thing?
Read the article...there were no drug charges because they couldn't even pin down the possession. Does that sound like parents smoking dope?
The only true idiocy I see in that incident was that the adults didn't know (or care) how old some of the attendees were (one was allegedly 14; THAT is indeed contributing to the delinquency.)
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! A graduation party, with adults present, is all douche can come up with!
You asked. I provided 40 examples.

You're welcome, bigot.

woof

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Martin 'trespassing' through the gated area?
No.
Did his toxicology report indicate the use of illegal drugs.
Yes. I doubt, however, that it has any probative value. I don't think it was even discussed in front of the jury. Not sure though.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
But, goodness! The grandmother was 16 years old when she had the mother. I didn't think that sort of thing went on in Hilliard.
Pale Rider

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not how bad he is injured, it is how bad he THINKS he may be injured that is justification. You don't have to wait until you're seriously injured in order to defend yourself. You only have to believe that serious injury or death is imminent if you don't.
Zimmerman could have and would have got up, if he didn't have a gun. He spent his 10 or so seconds trying to get his gun out to shoot. Why do you rarely apply any common sense Tony D2, it is because you don't have any to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother begs for help as car sinks; she and daug... (Mar '11) 6 min JLL85 50
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 6 min Pope Che Reagan C... 200
ISIS beheads James Foley 10 min Pope Che Reagan C... 86
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 39 min woo-boy 30,200
Where are all the original legacy posters? 3 hr Ghost of Carl 24
Michelle Obama f/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 5 hr FFS 15
The Michael Brown Case 8 hr Pale Rider 2

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••