Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
In every practical sense, the case is over.
You are delusional to claim otherwise.

Clearly, the prosecution failed to prove its charge of murder in the second degree [i.e., guilt beyond a reasonable doubt].
Pale Rider

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood you to be suggesting that something critical was not bekng asked about the body.
What exactly did you have in mind?
And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
FKA Reader, we may be proven wrong. But I have read many of your comments. They make much more real down to earth sense verses some fool like Reality Speaks, with his total day after day stupidity. No the trial isn't over. Trayvon Martin Mother gave excellent testimony. Common sense applied in this case, should put Zimmerman where he belongs.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
What in your opinion, is justification to kill someone?
A broken nose?
It's not how bad he is injured, it is how bad he THINKS he may be injured that is justification. You don't have to wait until you're seriously injured in order to defend yourself. You only have to believe that serious injury or death is imminent if you don't.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood you to be suggesting that something critical was not bekng asked about the body.
What exactly did you have in mind?

Too late. Prosecution rested. Any unanswered questions about the body are going to remain unanswered.

[QUOTE]And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
Defense might call Martin's father to the stand.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, the prosecution failed to prove its charge of murder in the second degree [i.e., guilt beyond a reasonable doubt].
Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.

George does not need to take the stand, prosecution witnesses worked for the defense. Trial will be over this week.

Any sane juror cannot convict him on murder two. If they are a bunch of nut cases and happen to do so, appeal will clear him. It will be interesting to hear the judge's instruction to the jury.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with his use of force, but if someone broke my nose and bashed my head on the concrete, you're fair game. I have used reasonable force when threatened; all 100# of me, go ahead try it.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Need to add for Reader: he acted within Florida law. No one denies there was a scuffle.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Apparently I am on a tirade this morning. The prosecution has the burden of proof...they failed.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
Need to add for Reader: he acted within Florida law.
Oh, so now you are the legal expert. No need for a jury trial; the Queen Bee has spoken!

Zimmerman picked a fight that he could not finish without his gun. Now he is paying the price of his folly.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you are the legal expert. No need for a jury trial; the Queen Bee has spoken!
Zimmerman picked a fight that he could not finish without his gun. Now he is paying the price of his folly.
Never a peep from you when Reader pontificates like Alan Dershowitz, though. Why is that, wee man?
The exploding heads on your side when Zimmerman is acquitted will be epic. I want to see you and Reader head over to boonerville and stand in solidarity with your animal friends as they start rioting.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Never a peep from you when Reader pontificates like Alan Dershowitz, though. Why is that, wee man?
The point which you are missing in your typical buffoonish manner is that Reader does not constantly attack Glittersucks for discussing her opinions and interpretations of the affair.

And as for pontificating, you take the George Will Blowhard Award.

You are not very bright, in fact not bright at all!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.
George does not need to take the stand, prosecution witnesses worked for the defense. Trial will be over this week.
Any sane juror cannot convict him on murder two. If they are a bunch of nut cases and happen to do so, appeal will clear him. It will be interesting to hear the judge's instruction to the jury.
I'm not necessarily agreeing with his use of force, but if someone broke my nose and bashed my head on the concrete, you're fair game. I have used reasonable force when threatened; all 100# of me, go ahead try it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_defe...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as their own ME. MUCH was left in question by the prosecution's 'expert.'

Still, Zimmerman may be convicted. No one can predict what a jury will do. Wouldn't be the first injustice done in our courts.

Tony, I haven't followed this day by day, nor was I there that night like Reader. Was Martin 'trespassing' through the gated area? Did his toxicology report indicate the use of illegal drugs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that change culpability, since they were fired for editing the tape incorrectly?
NBC was so clearly in the wrong, most likely they will make an out of court settlement.

As far as the two journalists they threw under the bus, what they put forth was a direct influence of the enviroment at NBC, and was, most likely, approved or even encouraged, by their superiors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop acting like a petulant child. I'm sorry the prosecution didn't do a better job, but their lacking performance has been noted by both liberal as well as conservative lawyers.
They did the best with what they had. Which given the 'stand your ground' law, was not much. The defense will be more agressive because they have the actual law on their side. And more information will be brought out about the deceased.

WW, you've got this one spot on. A tragedy for both families turned into a sideshow by folks like Reader, just for PC's sake.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Were everything so clear the defense could have rested on Friday. They did not, however.

And we have already seen that witnesses do not always hold up on cross as we might want.

And the prosecution will have an opportunity to bring rebuttal witnesses.

The last thing the jury hears will be the closing summary by the prosecution--which will follow on the typically whiny tones of the defense.

And then the jury will deliberate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
FKA Reader, we may be proven wrong. But I have read many of your comments. They make much more real down to earth sense verses some fool like Reality Speaks, with his total day after day stupidity. No the trial isn't over. Trayvon Martin Mother gave excellent testimony. Common sense applied in this case, should put Zimmerman where he belongs.
Many who have carefully followed the case since the beginning are hoping and praying for such an outcome.

But I am not so cold as to be able to find some sympathy for the killer. The Zimmerman family appears to be plagued with dysfunctions. One might also hope that the flip side of justice in this case mignt be for some individuals in that family to begin to let go of their deadly armor of hatred.

Among things that will never be brought before the jury are the publications of Zimmerman's father, mother and brother. Even while they proclaim what an upright and unprejudiced person that George is, they have demonstrated over and over a crude disregard for justice and persons of color.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not how bad he is injured, it is how bad he THINKS he may be injured that is justification. You don't have to wait until you're seriously injured in order to defend yourself. You only have to believe that serious injury or death is imminent if you don't.
-

Well, more precisely, what a reasonable person might believe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For what purpose?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.
The prosecution's proof of malice is up to the jury to determine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartments in good neighborhood 3 min They cannot kill ... 2
Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 8 min swedenforever 13
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,227
Uber, Lyft apply for licenses in Columbus 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Vice Squad Says Sex Trafficking Crimes On The R... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
When Will Obama DIE? 1 hr Get Gone 2
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 223
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Correction 2,271
ISIS beheads James Foley 12 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 86

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••