“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4812 Jul 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
In every practical sense, the case is over.
You are delusional to claim otherwise.

Clearly, the prosecution failed to prove its charge of murder in the second degree [i.e., guilt beyond a reasonable doubt].
Pale Rider

Independence, KY

#4813 Jul 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood you to be suggesting that something critical was not bekng asked about the body.
What exactly did you have in mind?
And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
FKA Reader, we may be proven wrong. But I have read many of your comments. They make much more real down to earth sense verses some fool like Reality Speaks, with his total day after day stupidity. No the trial isn't over. Trayvon Martin Mother gave excellent testimony. Common sense applied in this case, should put Zimmerman where he belongs.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#4814 Jul 6, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
What in your opinion, is justification to kill someone?
A broken nose?
It's not how bad he is injured, it is how bad he THINKS he may be injured that is justification. You don't have to wait until you're seriously injured in order to defend yourself. You only have to believe that serious injury or death is imminent if you don't.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

#4815 Jul 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood you to be suggesting that something critical was not bekng asked about the body.
What exactly did you have in mind?

Too late. Prosecution rested. Any unanswered questions about the body are going to remain unanswered.

[QUOTE]And let me remind you agan, the trial is far from over.
Defense might call Martin's father to the stand.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#4816 Jul 7, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, the prosecution failed to prove its charge of murder in the second degree [i.e., guilt beyond a reasonable doubt].
Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.

George does not need to take the stand, prosecution witnesses worked for the defense. Trial will be over this week.

Any sane juror cannot convict him on murder two. If they are a bunch of nut cases and happen to do so, appeal will clear him. It will be interesting to hear the judge's instruction to the jury.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with his use of force, but if someone broke my nose and bashed my head on the concrete, you're fair game. I have used reasonable force when threatened; all 100# of me, go ahead try it.

Columbus, OH

#4817 Jul 7, 2013
Need to add for Reader: he acted within Florida law. No one denies there was a scuffle.

Columbus, OH

#4818 Jul 7, 2013
Apparently I am on a tirade this morning. The prosecution has the burden of proof...they failed.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4819 Jul 7, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Need to add for Reader: he acted within Florida law.
Oh, so now you are the legal expert. No need for a jury trial; the Queen Bee has spoken!

Zimmerman picked a fight that he could not finish without his gun. Now he is paying the price of his folly.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#4820 Jul 7, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you are the legal expert. No need for a jury trial; the Queen Bee has spoken!
Zimmerman picked a fight that he could not finish without his gun. Now he is paying the price of his folly.
Never a peep from you when Reader pontificates like Alan Dershowitz, though. Why is that, wee man?
The exploding heads on your side when Zimmerman is acquitted will be epic. I want to see you and Reader head over to boonerville and stand in solidarity with your animal friends as they start rioting.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4821 Jul 7, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Never a peep from you when Reader pontificates like Alan Dershowitz, though. Why is that, wee man?
The point which you are missing in your typical buffoonish manner is that Reader does not constantly attack Glittersucks for discussing her opinions and interpretations of the affair.

And as for pontificating, you take the George Will Blowhard Award.

You are not very bright, in fact not bright at all!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4823 Jul 7, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.
George does not need to take the stand, prosecution witnesses worked for the defense. Trial will be over this week.
Any sane juror cannot convict him on murder two. If they are a bunch of nut cases and happen to do so, appeal will clear him. It will be interesting to hear the judge's instruction to the jury.
I'm not necessarily agreeing with his use of force, but if someone broke my nose and bashed my head on the concrete, you're fair game. I have used reasonable force when threatened; all 100# of me, go ahead try it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_defe...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4824 Jul 7, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as their own ME. MUCH was left in question by the prosecution's 'expert.'

Still, Zimmerman may be convicted. No one can predict what a jury will do. Wouldn't be the first injustice done in our courts.

Tony, I haven't followed this day by day, nor was I there that night like Reader. Was Martin 'trespassing' through the gated area? Did his toxicology report indicate the use of illegal drugs.

Location hidden

#4825 Jul 7, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that change culpability, since they were fired for editing the tape incorrectly?
NBC was so clearly in the wrong, most likely they will make an out of court settlement.

As far as the two journalists they threw under the bus, what they put forth was a direct influence of the enviroment at NBC, and was, most likely, approved or even encouraged, by their superiors.

Location hidden

#4826 Jul 7, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop acting like a petulant child. I'm sorry the prosecution didn't do a better job, but their lacking performance has been noted by both liberal as well as conservative lawyers.
They did the best with what they had. Which given the 'stand your ground' law, was not much. The defense will be more agressive because they have the actual law on their side. And more information will be brought out about the deceased.

WW, you've got this one spot on. A tragedy for both families turned into a sideshow by folks like Reader, just for PC's sake.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4827 Jul 7, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Were everything so clear the defense could have rested on Friday. They did not, however.

And we have already seen that witnesses do not always hold up on cross as we might want.

And the prosecution will have an opportunity to bring rebuttal witnesses.

The last thing the jury hears will be the closing summary by the prosecution--which will follow on the typically whiny tones of the defense.

And then the jury will deliberate.

Location hidden

#4828 Jul 7, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
FKA Reader, we may be proven wrong. But I have read many of your comments. They make much more real down to earth sense verses some fool like Reality Speaks, with his total day after day stupidity. No the trial isn't over. Trayvon Martin Mother gave excellent testimony. Common sense applied in this case, should put Zimmerman where he belongs.
Many who have carefully followed the case since the beginning are hoping and praying for such an outcome.

But I am not so cold as to be able to find some sympathy for the killer. The Zimmerman family appears to be plagued with dysfunctions. One might also hope that the flip side of justice in this case mignt be for some individuals in that family to begin to let go of their deadly armor of hatred.

Among things that will never be brought before the jury are the publications of Zimmerman's father, mother and brother. Even while they proclaim what an upright and unprejudiced person that George is, they have demonstrated over and over a crude disregard for justice and persons of color.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#4829 Jul 7, 2013

Location hidden

#4830 Jul 7, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not how bad he is injured, it is how bad he THINKS he may be injured that is justification. You don't have to wait until you're seriously injured in order to defend yourself. You only have to believe that serious injury or death is imminent if you don't.
-

Well, more precisely, what a reasonable person might believe.

Location hidden

#4831 Jul 7, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
For what purpose?

Location hidden

#4832 Jul 7, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did they prove malice, both need to be met for the charges they filed.
The prosecution's proof of malice is up to the jury to determine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas everybody 4 min Pope Che Reagan C... 26
COPS lives MATTER 1 hr Big Papa Tea 138
Foreign companies taking greater interest in Ce... 1 hr now hey 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4,920
2 magical days until Christmas 5 hr Duke for Mayor 64
The Middle East 8 hr Pale Rider 38
Police ID man found fatally stabbed in North Si... 14 hr now hey 4
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 am PST

NFL11:45AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports 1:46 PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert