The George Zimmerman Case!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#4492 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains that it's not the injury he received that's relevant, it's the injury he thought he prevented.
I agree.

But the mere fact that he could have easily avoided any injury whatsoever by simply waiting for the police to arrive speaks volumes.

He instigated the interaction that undoubtedly cause Mr. Martin to fear for his own safety, and provided Mr. Martin the legal grounds to defend himself. Absent Mr. Zimmerman's own conduct, Mr. Zimmerman would have had no reason to fear anything whatsoever.

He can't escape those very salient facts. If he walks away with an acquittal, he will be one very lucky man.

woof

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#4493 Jul 2, 2013
LOL! The prosecution witnesses keep batting 1.000...for the defense:

More complaints on Medical Examiner Valerie Rao

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-

Jacksonville Medical Examiner Valerie Rao has been the subject of recurring complaints from her co-workers dating back to 2009, WJXT-TV reports. According to letters sent to the the city, "Rao has been seen touching cadavers with her bare hands, washing her feet in the autopsy sink, and performing unnecessary autopsies on inmates to create a revenue stream."

WJXT learned that Rao actually has a history of complaints dating back 10 years, while she was Medical Examiner for Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion and Sumter counties. Dr. Rao was the Medical Examiner there from 2000 to 2003.

WJXT uncovered the minutes from the Medical Examiner's Commission meeting on May 15, 2003, that revealed concerns about Rao from funeral homes, organ donor organizations and law enforcement agencies.

In the minutes officers expressed disapproval of Dr. Rao's "propensity to classify virtually all prison deaths as homicides, and lack of expertise by office personnel in the management of crime scene investigations."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/more-complai...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#4494 Jul 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
But the mere fact that he could have easily avoided any injury whatsoever by simply waiting for the police to arrive speaks volumes.
He instigated the interaction that undoubtedly cause Mr. Martin to fear for his own safety, and provided Mr. Martin the legal grounds to defend himself. Absent Mr. Zimmerman's own conduct, Mr. Zimmerman would have had no reason to fear anything whatsoever.
Everything after Zimmerman lost Martin ("I don't know where this kid is") is a separate incident. Zimmerman could not reasonably foresee Martin jumping him (if that's indeed what happened) once he gave up following Martin.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#4495 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything after Zimmerman lost Martin ("I don't know where this kid is") is a separate incident. Zimmerman could not reasonably foresee Martin jumping him (if that's indeed what happened) once he gave up following Martin.
You're quite wrong about that. No approach by Zimmerman, no altercation. Simple as that.

woof

Planet Earth

#4496 Jul 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite wrong about that. No approach by Zimmerman, no altercation. Simple as that.
woof
No "approach by Zimmerman" is in evidence.

Planet Earth

#4497 Jul 2, 2013
And even if Zimmerman DID approach Martin, you cannot prove that he should have known that an altercation would result.

Planet Earth

#4498 Jul 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
If he walks away with an acquittal, he will be one very lucky man.
woof
I'd rather be lucky than dead.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#4499 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
And even if Zimmerman DID approach Martin, you cannot prove that he should have known that an altercation would result.
What Duke Eric is trying to say is, "How dare a mere white man in his own neighborhood approach and speak to a sainted black person."
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4500 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Right, because calling him a punk and an asshcle a couple of minutes earlier does not indicate a hostile attitude.
Oolongti

Saint Louis, MO

#4501 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because the cops see this trial for the farce that it is and now they get to prove it.
is the part where the cops get to explain why the gun HAD NO ONE'S PRINTS on it? I guess that supports the whole claim of the police not charging George with a crime....so they tampered with the evidence to make him look innocent??? I bet they never thought that they would be having to explain this to a nation....
looks pretty bad for them....guess they aren't a credible as the defense would like them to appear to be....HA!

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#4502 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>What Duke Eric is trying to say is, "How dare a mere white man in his own neighborhood approach and speak to a sainted black person."
Just wanna say hi.Cant stay long due to work.

Planet Earth

#4503 Jul 2, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because calling him a punk and an asshcle a couple of minutes earlier does not indicate a hostile attitude.
You can prove that Martin heard these words, of course...
Oolongti

Saint Louis, MO

#4504 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>To use deadly force, you need only be in reasonable FEAR for your life. Plenty of CCW holders who never got a scratch have disposed of criminal threats and been cleared by grand juries all over the country.
REASONABLE FEAR??? hmmmm, would that be when George was RUNNING after Trayvon? Or would that be when he couldn't remember what street he was on, and got out of his vehicle? Or was that when he claimed Trayvon jumped out of the imaginary bushes at him?
When are you going to get it through your thick skull that George was the PURSUER....not the other way around? If he was so fearful for his life, why didn't he wait for police to back him up? If he was so fearful, why did he engage a "suspicious" person all on his own?
WHile he may have been afraid, it wasn't because he was afraid of dying...it was because he was in over his head, and he knew it. He wasn't trained in anything but how to shoot a weapon...he had NO CLUE what he was doing....a vigilante....
He should be TERRIFIED right now....6 women are going to determine his fate....and his history with women, and people in general hasn't been stellar....
He's not only ignorant, but he's not learned very much from his "mistakes". His dad can't bail him out of this one...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4505 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can prove that Martin heard these words, of course...
That has nothing to do with Zimmerman's state of mind. It sure sounds like he was eager for a hostile confrontation.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#4506 Jul 2, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Just wanna say hi.Cant stay long due to work.
Hi Dave! Hope things are going well for you.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#4507 Jul 2, 2013
Oolongti wrote:
<quoted text>
REASONABLE FEAR??? hmmmm, would that be when George was RUNNING after Trayvon? Or would that be when he couldn't remember what street he was on, and got out of his vehicle? Or was that when he claimed Trayvon jumped out of the imaginary bushes at him?
When are you going to get it through your thick skull that George was the PURSUER....not the other way around? If he was so fearful for his life, why didn't he wait for police to back him up? If he was so fearful, why did he engage a "suspicious" person all on his own?
WHile he may have been afraid, it wasn't because he was afraid of dying...it was because he was in over his head, and he knew it. He wasn't trained in anything but how to shoot a weapon...he had NO CLUE what he was doing....a vigilante....
He should be TERRIFIED right now....6 women are going to determine his fate....and his history with women, and people in general hasn't been stellar....
He's not only ignorant, but he's not learned very much from his "mistakes". His dad can't bail him out of this one...
Hey Twink...show me any evidence of his father intervening. In fact, show me any evidence of Zimmerman having been convicted of any crime against women.
You're going to need a Valium when George is acquitted.
Oolongti

Saint Louis, MO

#4508 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Your logic is astounding. You can't possibly believe that a man who has a loaded gun holstered on his person, and is pursuing a "suspicious person"...."someone in a hoodie"....."a F-ing black thug"....et. al, has NO IDEA that if he engages this person, HE JUST MIGHT GET INTO AN ALTERCATION??? REALLY SUNSHINE???
The person George should be afraid of IS HIMSELF! He has shown the world he lacks professional and conscientious judgement. He cannot tell a straight story, and to top it off, he's trying to make people believe he is the poor victim....
HE CREATED THE SITUATION!!
He needs to put his big boy boxers on and suck it up....he needs to own his mistakes and actions....
and people here shouldn't make lame excuses for the village idiot's behavior.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#4509 Jul 2, 2013
Oolongti wrote:
<quoted text>is the part where the cops get to explain why the gun HAD NO ONE'S PRINTS on it? I guess that supports the whole claim of the police not charging George with a crime....so they tampered with the evidence to make him look innocent??? I bet they never thought that they would be having to explain this to a nation....
looks pretty bad for them....guess they aren't a credible as the defense would like them to appear to be....HA!
What a loony gayboy you are...now you're accusing the police of evidence tampering? Go have another daiquiri, twink.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#4510 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dave! Hope things are going well for you.
They are going really well,but I am no younger and still have to do this.I cant wait for next winter.My big red baby is ready.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#4512 Jul 2, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, huh wee man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 29 min Pale Rider 939
News Columbus man accused of sexually assaulting tod... 4 hr UTrashy 45
Major security breach - colonel compromised 5 hr UTrashy 4
Please help me find the love of my life 5 hr UTrashy 126
A brief guide to the Clinton scandals... 6 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 6
Is Drumpf Campaign Chief A Voter Fraud Felon? 6 hr Artie Cocker 14
Beware of Judge Crawford (Feb '15) 7 hr Greg 8
This Forum Does No Such Thing! 13 hr Duke for Mayor 23
Should the GOP cut its loses? 15 hr Seriouslady 912

Columbus Jobs