The George Zimmerman Case!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4472 Jul 2, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the testimony was in favor of Zimmerman, including seeing Martin on top punching MMA style.
Walked back on punching MMA style.

Saw arms moving.

Neither saw nor heard punching.

ME testimony today was not very supportive of MMA-style punching--based on the injuries, which she termed very minor.

BTW--you know that it is now on the court record that Zimmerman was quite the student of MMA, right?

He told his doc he was going 3x a week, 3 hours a day.

I find that interesting, don't you?

Location hidden

#4473 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever try to un-ring a bell?
That was the reason for the in limine motion.

However, at this point the prosecution will have to rely on the testimony of those who picked up the case after SPD and had access to the forensics.

ME today was pretty clear that Zim's injuries, in addition to being not life threatening, were pretty minor. Not consistent with 20-30 head slams on concrete nor repeated blows to the face.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#4474 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of double standard bullsh!t.
You're entitled to your opinion.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#4475 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the leftist twit wishing for more serious injury to Zimmerman. You're looking mighty pathetic trying to make amends for your racist views on dating.
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get back to your normal way of responding to my posts. You lasted longer than I thought you would, M.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#4476 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>There's only one reason to fear a link back to a Topix post...because you know you're caught.
I didn't even observe that it was a Topix link. I have said many times before, I don't click on links. I don't know what it was I was apparently "caught" in, but I can tell you it doesn't matter.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#4477 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>All of you, huh?
Assume so. I know I was and another poster said something about being at Comfest and Reader said she had a busy weekend. So, apparently most of us "leftists" were busy doing something other than sitting at home on a computer.

Location hidden

#4478 Jul 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>O'Mara is my defense attorney should I ever need one.
I know your feelings, agree with some of them, but the law is the law.
O'Mara has been brilliant on cross. Learn some tips from him, lawyer reader.
He has done well on cross, and they have moved Don West (who was particularly lousy on cross) to second seat for the time being.

But, it is also clear that they are desperate to keep some portions of the state's case out of court. For example, Zimmerman's MMA training. But, they lost out on it. For example Zim's law enforcement coursework, including SYG (which he said in the Hannity interview, introduced today, that he had never heard of before). That one has yet to be decided. Judge has granted them overnight to research pertinent case law.

Location hidden

#4479 Jul 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Cruda frika doo dah, agree with you again. Injuries, as superficial as they may seem, stopped it before it got worse,
The cops soooooooooo turned against the prosecution yesterday.
They did.

I think that the state needed them to bring in the interviews.

SPD isn't full of happy campers at this point. They have had two administrative changes and are still under investigation.

Singleton and Serino have both moved down the ladder, inexplicably, since this happened and have lawyered up. Some stuff was redacted from the tapes--very likely at their request. They are both walking a fine line. Serino really looked like he would have preferred to say more, and certainly would have preferred that the case not be taken away from him.

Location hidden

#4480 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because the cops see this trial for the farce that it is and now they get to prove it.
Remember, Serino was the one who recommended manslaughter charges and got shot down by superiors. I don't think that is where he is coming from.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#4481 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>There's only one reason to fear a link back to a Topix post...because you know you're caught.
Aaaah..the voice of experience from Topix most esteemed poster. How touching.

woof

Location hidden

#4482 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>All of you, huh?
Oh oh.

George caught someone else using the royal we.

Now he's upset.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#4483 Jul 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the leftist twit wishing for more serious injury to Zimmerman. You're looking mighty pathetic trying to make amends for your racist views on dating.
What's wrong with wishing more serious injury to that vigilante nutball?

I wish he would have been injured more seriously, and that Mr. Martin had survived.

Much easier to flesh out the truth that way, and nobody would have died as a direct result of the vigilante bully's irresponsible conduct.

woof

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#4484 Jul 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Walked back on punching MMA style.
Saw arms moving.
Saw arms moving + injuries to Zimmerman's face = Martin assaulted Zimmerman. That's called circumstantial evidence.
Neither saw

He didn't have the visual acuity to actually see fist connecting to face.
nor heard punching.
You DO know that real punches don't really sound like they do in the movies, don't you?
ME testimony today was not very supportive of MMA-style punching--based on the injuries, which she termed very minor.
Not what the injuries are, but what Zimmerman thought they could have become, that is at issue.
BTW--you know that it is now on the court record that Zimmerman was quite the student of MMA, right?
He told his doc he was going 3x a week, 3 hours a day.
Maybe he was a poor student.

Planet Earth

#4485 Jul 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the reason for the in limine motion.
However, at this point the prosecution will have to rely on the testimony of those who picked up the case after SPD and had access to the forensics.
ME today was pretty clear that Zim's injuries, in addition to being not life threatening, were pretty minor. Not consistent with 20-30 head slams on concrete nor repeated blows to the face.
You do know that some people have defended themselves without getting a mark on them, don't you? The implication that the minor nature of the injuries means he wasn't in fear of his life were the attack to continue is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You are looking more and more DESPERATE with every post.

Planet Earth

#4486 Jul 2, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.
And you're entitled to mine. Read this post, I DEMAND it.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4487 Jul 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
I do. I wondered about 'roid rage early on. He seems like the type.

Has that ever come up?

Planet Earth

#4488 Jul 2, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I wondered about 'roid rage early on. He seems like the type.
Has that ever come up?
It's off limits unless the prosecution slips up and tries to show anything regarding Martin's character. If that happens, the trial will suddenly gain back the week it lost over the audio "experts".
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#4489 Jul 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that some people have defended themselves without getting a mark on them, don't you? The implication that the minor nature of the injuries means he wasn't in fear of his life were the attack to continue is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You are looking more and more DESPERATE with every post.
Actually Tony, you're mixing apples and mangoes. In most instances where victims successfully and legally defends themselves without injury while fatally injuring their attacker its done so with a firearm from several feet away, in their own home.

Those aren't the circumstances here.

The one fact that inescapably places Mr. Zimmerman in hot water is that he purposefully placed himself in a situation that he could have easily avoided.

Big difference.

woof

Planet Earth

#4490 Jul 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Tony, you're mixing apples and mangoes. In most instances where victims successfully and legally defends themselves without injury while fatally injuring their attacker its done so with a firearm from several feet away, in their own home.
Those aren't the circumstances here.
The fact remains that it's not the injury he received that's relevant, it's the injury he thought he prevented.

Planet Earth

#4491 Jul 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
The one fact that inescapably places Mr. Zimmerman in hot water is that he purposefully placed himself in a situation that he could have easily avoided.
Big difference.
woof
Perhaps, perhaps not, but the actual injuries are not relevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men in the Girls Bathroom 2 hr UTrashy 400
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream 2 hr Three Psyche 35
Democraps....the party of rape 2 hr schlongfest 16
ABC this Week 3 hr schlongfest 2
Donald Trump Big Liar 4 hr schlongfest 12
Joyce Hazelrigg (Feb '13) 9 hr Old sailor 8
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 10 hr d pants 35
Federal lands in America 10 hr d pants 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance