Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,
and apparently there is more to come.
BTW--are you familiar with the Sam Shepherd case?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "your" truth and "your" evidence FKA Reader. The jury is seeing the REAL Trayvon more every day.
The one you refuse to see because apparently you are colorblind.
So--how come you refuse to present any facts or evidence, or deal with any that are available?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it points to a likelihood that Martin was behaving in a way that prompted Zimmerman to take the actions he took. I believe it was wrong for the judge to rule it irrelevant, and should he be found guilty, it could very well be basis for appeal.
Well, O'Mara seemed to be backing off from that today after court.

He still intends to bring in experts to try to convince the court that smoking marijuana makes people violent.

Good luck on that one.

If he can get past that one, he may be able to bring in the tox screen. Still an uphill battle. Expect testimony from the prosecution to establish that the amount of THC was minimal and inconsistent witih recent use.

But all that other stuff he's been prematurely circulating (because he knows there is no way he's going to be able to get it into court) has some high hurdles to overcome. 1) he's gotta prove it to be authentic--meaning not hacked in, not one of Trayvon's friend's using his phone, a picture he took not just downloaded from the internet, that any pictures they claim are Trayvon actually ARE Trayvon. 2) Has to overcome the hearsay rule--as I understand it a text conversation might be admissable if there is a witness who participated in the conversation. 3)(and this is a really big one) Relevance. He can't just flash pics of a marijuana plant or a gun found on the kid's phone if it doesn't directly relate to the case. And that's the part that they just lost on with regard to opening statements. Judge didn't see any relevance in referring to Trayvon's school records, marijuana use, school suspension, etc.

O'Mara was walking the importance back (having just lost) by saying, well, if the prosecution doesn't bring it up, we won't have to use it. Totally whistling in the dark.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jury tampering" has a narrow legal definition. For one thing, it only applies to actions DURING the trial.
Wasn't saying this was jury tampering. I was asking if Pizza man thought it was OK, also, since he seems quite comfortable with blatant attempts to poison the jury pool.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So--how come you refuse to present any facts or evidence, or deal with any that are available?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha

A rapid fire plethora of posts from you to me. luv it.

Struck a nerve huh queenie.

Let's see what the court and jury believes is "evidence" OK

The good news, you don't get to decide what is "evidence".

God, white guilt is so sad.

Meanwhile, the trial is about to begin, the police photo showing that Zimmerman was beaten to a pulp WILL be admitted.

The jury WILL have heard that Trayvon was a violent thug that once said re a fight victim that he wanted to revisit, "HE DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH FOR ME ONLY HIS "NOSE"". Sound familiar?

Here is a Florida news link that the jury WILL have seen.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/more-trayvon...

enjoy

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, apparently you haven't been watching the courtroom action.
BTW, I don't recall the prosecution calling any press conferences, holding up defamatory pictures and the like.
Not so much in this case, but it does happen frequently... Just look at the kid in Oregon. Prosecution releasing all kinds of "evidence". Apparently they're not too worried about "poisoning" the jury pool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha
A rapid fire plethora of posts from you to me. luv it.
Struck a nerve huh queenie.
Let's see what the court and jury believes is "evidence" OK
The good news, you don't get to decide what is "evidence".
God, white guilt is so sad.
Meanwhile, the trial is about to begin, the police photo showing that Zimmerman was beaten to a pulp WILL be admitted.
The jury WILL have heard that Trayvon was a violent thug that once said re a fight victim that he wanted to revisit, "HE DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH FOR ME ONLY HIS "NOSE"". Sound familiar?
Here is a Florida news link that the jury WILL have seen.
enjoy
Beaten to a pulp?

NOT!

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaten to a pulp?
NOT!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-...

Police photo...Will be entered into evidence.

What if it were your son FKA Reader?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaten to a pulp?
NOT!
HE DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH FOR ME ONLY HIS "NOSE""

Trayvon Martin
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it points to a likelihood that Martin was behaving in a way that prompted Zimmerman to take the actions he took. I believe it was wrong for the judge to rule it irrelevant, and should he be found guilty, it could very well be basis for appeal.
Your thoughts about Martin are based on your thoughts. It is funny to me, but no surprise that Republicans came down on the side of George Zimmerman. Republicans as a rule don't like black people.

Your thoughts on an appeal, are dead wrong. Zimmerman is guilty, and the lawyers for him will appeal, if enough Republicans contribute to his defence. Sean Hannity will use show after show to drum up money for the defence. I hope when selecting the jury, they get to ask, if they are Democrat or Republican. Democrats are more open minded, while Republicans are closed minded and fairly stupid as expressed by Tony D2, and other Republicans on here. Republicans do not wish to adhere to the truth of this case.

This is a media hyped trial. Black against Whites. Nothing stirs emotion anymore than a Black being beaten, but worse being killed.

Tony D2 if a Police officer pulled you over, and told you to slow it down, and the next 50 miles the cops will be watching for you. Would you continue speeding?

Were you there to know how Trayvon Martin was behaving? There wasn't anyone there that night but Trayvon Martin and a man, with a gun wanting to show what a man he was. If Zimmerman, didn't have a gun, he would have stayed in his truck. He wasn't afraid of anyone, because in his mind, he had authority. He thought he needed a gun to carry out that authority, just like a policeman. You can't tell me a 28 year old man, nearly in the prime of life, bigger stronger by far, couldn't have quickly got up, if there was a skinny kid on top of him. The reason he didn't he was trying to get his gun out to shoot Trayvon Martin. His first thought was "stand your ground." But his attorney's shot that down. Next it was self defence. But proving it will be as difficult as proving the Zimmerman thought "stand your ground."
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thoughts about Martin are based on your thoughts. It is funny to me, but no surprise that Republicans came down on the side of George Zimmerman. Republicans as a rule don't like black people.
Your thoughts on an appeal, are dead wrong. Zimmerman is guilty, and the lawyers for him will appeal, if enough Republicans contribute to his defence. Sean Hannity will use show after show to drum up money for the defence. I hope when selecting the jury, they get to ask, if they are Democrat or Republican. Democrats are more open minded, while Republicans are closed minded and fairly stupid as expressed by Tony D2, and other Republicans on here. Republicans do not wish to adhere to the truth of this case.
This is a media hyped trial. Black against Whites. Nothing stirs emotion anymore than a Black being beaten, but worse being killed.
Tony D2 if a Police officer pulled you over, and told you to slow it down, and the next 50 miles the cops will be watching for you. Would you continue speeding?
Were you there to know how Trayvon Martin was behaving? There wasn't anyone there that night but Trayvon Martin and a man, with a gun wanting to show what a man he was. If Zimmerman, didn't have a gun, he would have stayed in his truck. He wasn't afraid of anyone, because in his mind, he had authority. He thought he needed a gun to carry out that authority, just like a policeman. You can't tell me a 28 year old man, nearly in the prime of life, bigger stronger by far, couldn't have quickly got up, if there was a skinny kid on top of him. The reason he didn't he was trying to get his gun out to shoot Trayvon Martin. His first thought was "stand your ground." But his attorney's shot that down. Next it was self defence. But proving it will be as difficult as proving the Zimmerman thought "stand your ground."
Brit or Aussie?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the Defense team's attempts to influence the jury through the repeated release of inadmissable materials through the news media?
Did you miss your class on voir dire?

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>HE DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH FOR ME ONLY HIS "NOSE""

Trayvon Martin
When did Trayvon say that? Before or after he was shot in the chest by a bully with a gun?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Trayvon say that? Before or after he was shot in the chest by a bully with a gun?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-...
Police photo...Will be entered into evidence.
What if it were your son FKA Reader?
That photo does not show a person "beaten to a pulp."

It shows someone with a bloody nose and a few scratches.

It also shows swelling that miraculously does not appear in the official police photos taken at SPD.

That is not quite a "police photo." It was taken by a policeman with a personal cell phone. It was not submitted as evidence until weeks later and the original digital version was deleted from the phone.

Expect some expert testimony to point these things out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DIDN'T BLEED ENOUGH FOR ME ONLY HIS "NOSE""
Trayvon Martin
Yeah.

Can that statement be authenticated?

Is it relevant to anything?

I don't expect to hear it in court.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
The difficulty with the self-defense claim has been and will be the need to put Zimmerman on the stand to get his narrative in. And if they do so he is vulnerable for every change in his story across time as well as being asked to account for how the body ended up 40 feet away from the place where he claims he was knocked to the ground and straddled. He will also be questioned about why the screams that he claims were his own never paused when he claims that Trayvon used both hands to cover his mouth and nose, and in fact only cease with the gun shot.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Can that statement be authenticated?
Yes, and it has been authenticated.

Watch the link, which is an Orlando News program.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss your class on voir dire?
Well, actually that will be very interesting. There have been some online circulating discussions of how to avoid being eliminated from the jury should one of the Zimmerman supporters be summoned.

The judge is withholding the jury questionnaire (which she will develop with some input from the prosecution and the defense) until the trial date. I would imagine she is trying to avoid the possibility of a potential stealth juror getting advance notice of how to respond.

Clearly the defense will want to get jurors who have been following the case--as they are more likely to have seen the inadmissible stuff. Each side gets only three peremptory rejections (that is, for no stated reason), but limitless rejections for cause. Should be interesting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and it has been authenticated.
Watch the link, which is an Orlando News program.
Don't see there how the statement has been authenticated. How does the court know that the texts were from Trayvon?

BTW--the street fight video, in which the claim is that Trayvon is the referee (not exactly proof of violent tendancies, btw) has been challenged by folks looking at it online. The guy in the striped shirt has some tattoos on the upper arm--visible in stills. This does not match with what the autopsey report says.

Oh, and the news report also mentioned the testimony of a witness who said he say Trayvon raining blows MMA-style down on Zimmerman. That witness recanted most of that testimony when interviewed by the FDLE. Wasn't exactly clear who was on top, or who was yelling, didn't really see any blows, just sort of assumed it.

It will be interesting to see at trial if that witness had a prior relationship with Zimmerman, and particularly if Zimmerman called or texted him immediately following the shooting. According to another witness--the first to arrive--Zimmerman was on his phone talking to someone immediately after the shooting. And probably not Shellie, because he asked someone to call her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 361 - 380 of7,649
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ted cruz: congress should impeach eric holder 13 min They cannot kill a Spook 6
Hillary’s Glasses? 15 min Seriouslady 14
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 24 min Oliver Canterberry 47
State University Wants to be "Less White" 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 24
Casual Marijuana Use Linked To Brain Abnormali... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Pollen Vortex 2 hr Zoe Regen 3
Kansas shooting: Anti White Racism 3 hr Real Tea Party 5
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 15 hr magic man 1,915
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance