|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes slut, I'm fully aware on how the word was/is used. Context means everything. I reiterate, why is it okay to be PC about the "N" word and not about the "C" word; length of time used? Please.
Didn't you just say something last week about how you're not denigrating?

I don't think anyone says it's okay to use either word. But when one word is linked with slavery and oppression, how can you not understand why one is more offensive than another?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you hear either word, which is more abrasive to you?
You don't know the origin of "cracker" and in addition, you are asking a Northerner who may or may not know the true origin of the word.

You're brilliant.
Babs

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin is still going to be dead.
Pop the bubbley, its is PARTY TIME !!!!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what you're doing is proving that you're a egotistical, self-important ass. And what's more laughable is that you act so while clearly being unable to form grammatically correct or sometimes even coherent sentences.
I personally don't really care about the outcome of this case. It doesn't have any effect on me or anything relevant in my life. Whether or not Zimmerman goes to jail won't interrupt my daily life and Martin is still going to be dead.
You sure butt in on a lot on subjects that have no effect on your life.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow it just fine. I just take it to the point you aren't comfortable admitting.
As you were told earlier, you're twisting the words of others.
It's what leftists do when they have no proof.
And it's why we ignore you.

I should get back to doing just that.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never cease to exist in the minds of those who find it a powerful tool...namely, leftists.
However, Barack Obama did not become a two-term POTUS by securing the vote of only 13% of the U.S. population.
Yes, because fortunately more people are not of the same mind as you and are learning to see past color. Racism, prejudice and -isms still exist, have always existed and will always exist. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Reader, your four years here have been an exercise in futility.
Every single one of all of our posts qualify. None of them really mean anything to anyone or anything in the grand scheme of things.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As you were told earlier, you're twisting the words of others.
It's what leftists do when they have no proof.
And it's why we ignore you.
I should get back to doing just that.
That's all the little girl has...twisted trolling. It's now so obvious that even Reader doesn't come to her aid, and daddy Duke has abandoned her.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because fortunately more people are not of the same mind as you and are learning to see past color. Racism, prejudice and -isms still exist, have always existed and will always exist. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
ROFLMAO, says the women who would never date someone with a melatonin difference.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Correction....woman....I was laughing so hard I couldn't type.

"Amusing Hypocrisy" could be used as a moniker by some around here.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know someone is packing when they're carrying concealed? And since carrying a weapon is not only legal, but a Constitutional right, initiating physical contact against a CCW permit holder is assault.
You don't know anymore than anyone else does how Martin was approached and what Zimmerman was doing. He SAYS he didn't have his weapon out, but we don't know that and we never will for sure.

If ANY person approached me and did so in a threatening manner and I felt like my life was threatened, I would put up a fight. Anyone can carry any weapon they like - the moment they pull it out on me, I'm going to defend myself.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure butt in on a lot on subjects that have no effect on your life.
Apparently so do you. How does my post have any effect on your life? It doesn't. So go about your day.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the origin of "cracker" and in addition, you are asking a Northerner who may or may not know the true origin of the word.
You're brilliant.
Thank you, I quite agree.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Much of the country is laughing at the “ghetto” black girl who keeps getting tripped up in her story. But Jeantel has made a lot more sense than it may have seemed.

Yes, she was dissimulating in pretending that Trayvon Martin’s referring to Zimmerman as a “creepy-ass cracker” wasn’t “racial”—of course it was. Cracker is today’s “honkey,” a word now about as antique as The Jeffersons in which George used it so much. It is both descriptive and pejorative, although it’s important to note that according to Jeantel, Martin was not calling Zimmerman a cracker to his face but when trying to give his friend on the phone an update on where the creepy cracker was.

The origins of the word in reference to persons as opposed to snacks is obscure, but most likely started when cracking could mean bragging in Elizabethan English. Upper-crust colonial Americans had a way of referring to lower-class British immigrants to the South as loud-mouthed “crackers,” as in boastful beyond their proper station.

Pretty soon the word just referred to the people, period, with elegant Central Park architect Frederick Law Olmsted even casually writing in 1850 after a Florida jaunt that “some crackers owned a good many Negroes.”

Jeantel may well have heard some whites in Florida using the word for themselves with a kind of in-group pride – just as black people use the N-word that way. But surely she knows that’s a different meaning, just as anyone who claims it’s okay for Paula Deen to have used the N-word because Jay-Z does is faking it.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO, says the women who would never date someone with a melatonin difference.
What do you care who I would and wouldn't date?

Having a preference doesn't make me racist anymore than not dating women makes me homophobic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Arse-backwards, Manilow.

The exact discussion involves the fact that blacks demand special privileges based on upon their color -- specifically, the privilege [if one would call it such] of employing the "N" word, with immunity...while demonizing any non-black who does so.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so do you. How does my post have any effect on your life? It doesn't. So go about your day.
My apologies - I'm really not tolerant of daily whiners. Fair warning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know anymore than anyone else does how Martin was approached and what Zimmerman was doing. He SAYS he didn't have his weapon out, but we don't know that and we never will for sure.
If ANY person approached me and did so in a threatening manner and I felt like my life was threatened, I would put up a fight. Anyone can carry any weapon they like - the moment they pull it out on me, I'm going to defend myself.
Obviously, you already know...

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T2QL10AR1...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Much of the country is laughing at the “ghetto” black girl who keeps getting tripped up in her story. But Jeantel has made a lot more sense than it may have seemed.
Yes, she was dissimulating in pretending that Trayvon Martin’s referring to Zimmerman as a “creepy-ass cracker” wasn’t “racial”—of course it was. Cracker is today’s “honkey,” a word now about as antique as The Jeffersons in which George used it so much. It is both descriptive and pejorative, although it’s important to note that according to Jeantel, Martin was not calling Zimmerman a cracker to his face but when trying to give his friend on the phone an update on where the creepy cracker was.
The origins of the word in reference to persons as opposed to snacks is obscure, but most likely started when cracking could mean bragging in Elizabethan English. Upper-crust colonial Americans had a way of referring to lower-class British immigrants to the South as loud-mouthed “crackers,” as in boastful beyond their proper station.
Pretty soon the word just referred to the people, period, with elegant Central Park architect Frederick Law Olmsted even casually writing in 1850 after a Florida jaunt that “some crackers owned a good many Negroes.”
Jeantel may well have heard some whites in Florida using the word for themselves with a kind of in-group pride – just as black people use the N-word that way. But surely she knows that’s a different meaning, just as anyone who claims it’s okay for Paula Deen to have used the N-word because Jay-Z does is faking it.
For all of your collective brilliance, you don't seem to realize that "cracker" "cracka", etc., is used as a racial slur by blacks in the South against whites because slaves used to be cracked by a whip. It is highly offensive, and used intentionally to push buttons.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single one of all of our posts qualify. None of them really mean anything to anyone or anything in the grand scheme of things.
By contrast, you'll always be known as the racist woman who won't date blacks because she's afraid of angering her racist father.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 4
Ex-police officer expected to plead guilty in c... (Dec '12) 1 hr Child please 8
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Canton 29,469
tmpbitl 4 hr bosco 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr Norm DePlume 2,227
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 5 hr d pantz 94
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 5 hr d pantz 51
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search