Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. We've never met. Yet you continue to support PR, che, reader, or anyone else, when they call me a liar with a 'made up' life, along with other vile names.
Talking out of both sides of your mouth, aren't you?
It does call it's self a lawyer, which is just another name for professional liar.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry--you major problems with the truth. He made no mention of mental health medication.
He mentioned meds and alcohol in a way that certainly suggests mental issues, especially after his prolonged absence. Now it appears he has resumed his hiatus.
Reader, you really need to stop throwing stones in a glass house.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the slightest and I don't know why any free thinking person would think so.
You're brainwasher by all the PC. Not an original thought of your own.
In case you didn't notice, some people died this week. Many more lost limbs and sustained other injuries. Incredible human resources, not to mention financial expense and the complete disruption of a major metropolitan area, including universities and health care systems.

But you got your gun. Have a nice day

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you didn't notice, some people died this week. Many more lost limbs and sustained other injuries. Incredible human resources, not to mention financial expense and the complete disruption of a major metropolitan area, including universities and health care systems.
Because of MUZZIES.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>He mentioned meds and alcohol in a way that certainly suggests mental issues, especially after his prolonged absence. Now it appears he has resumed his hiatus.
Reader, you really need to stop throwing stones in a glass house.
Sounded more like hypoglycemia or something to me. But many meds for physical ailments can have bizarre interactions with alcohol or when suddenly stopped.

What's your excuse?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounded more like hypoglycemia or something to me. But many meds for physical ailments can have bizarre interactions with alcohol or when suddenly stopped.
What's your excuse?
It figures you can't see normalcy when it's right in front of you. That explains your position on homosexuals and Muzzies...truly aberrant species.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>It figures you can't see normalcy when it's right in front of you. That explains your position on homosexuals and Muzzies...truly aberrant species.
You're offering yourself up as an example of normalcy?

Lol

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
John Grisham - novelist. The Rainmaker, The Firm, The Client, The Brotherhood, Street Lawyer, The Last Juror, etc. Very prolific writer for a while.
I have no idea what his political leanings are.
He was a D state legislator in MS in the 1980s.

Runaway Jury is a liberal fantasy on gun bans (movie version, book is about tobacco, but Grisham was involved with the film)
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Trayvon Martin Text Messages And Photos Limited By Judge In Case

Trayvon Martin isn't here to defend himself from a hostile set of attorney's representing the killer of the boy, minding his business as he was going home.

SANFORD, Fla. Attorneys won't be able to mention Trayvon Martin's drug use, suspension from school and past fighting during opening statements in the trial for the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot the teen, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson also refused to allow jurors to travel to the shooting scene during trial, and rejected a defense request to delay the trial set to begin June 10.

The judge called the request to let jurors see the crime scene "a logistical nightmare."

George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the 17-year-old's killing and has pleaded not guilty, saying he acted in self-defense. He did not attend Tuesday's hearing.

The judge also ruled that some of the Martin's texts and other social media statements won't be allowed in opening statements, though some of the teen's personal history could be allowed later with a ruling from the judge depending on how the case progresses.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla.

"We have a lot of evidence that marijuana use had something to do with the event," O'Mara said. "It could have affected his behavior."

An attorney for Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, said the teen's parents were pleased with the judge's rulings.

"Trayvon Martin is not on trial," Crump said.

The judge ruled against a defense request that the pool of jury candidates be sequestered during jury selection. She said jurors will be referred to by their jury numbers and prohibited their faces from being photographed. Nelson denied a prosecution request for a gag order that would prohibit attorneys from talking about the case.

O'Mara said he is concerned potential jurors could be affected by publicity the case is receiving.

The defense attorney had asked to push back the trial date because he said prosecutors had delayed turning over evidence as required. O'Mara is seeking sanctions against prosecutors, but a hearing on those sanctions was delayed until next week.

Before the judge decided to postpone the hearing on sanctions, a former prosecutor who used to work in the same office as the attorneys prosecuting Zimmerman testified he had told O'Mara about photos and text messages from Martin's cell phone that hadn't yet been turned over to the defense. Former Assistant State Attorney Wesley White resigned last year from the State Attorney's Office that covers northeast Florida.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/trayvon-ma...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Zimmerman's team is swimming in an ever smaller pond when it comes to presenting a defense. About the only thing that they didn't lose on this morning was the gag order. So--they can continue to publish prejudicial and irrelevant material that they cannot get into court according to the rules of evidence.

The judge appears to be very business-like, even in the face of some repeated motions, such as the one for continuance. She just goes back to the original date at which the trial date was set with the agreement of both parties and points out that nothing subtantial has occured to change and warrant a need for more time.

Interesting that while she granted the various requests to prevent introduction of irrelevant "evidence" in relation to the opening statements, and agreed to hear and rule on any specific piece during the course of the trial, she was very clear that all of that phone info was going to have to be first authenticated, second, get past the rules of hearsay evidence, and third the defense would have to establish relevance. The phrase, "snowball's chance in hell" did not pass her lips, but that was the general drift.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
Zimmerman's team is swimming in an ever smaller pond when it comes to presenting a defense. About the only thing that they didn't lose on this morning was the gag order. So--they can continue to publish prejudicial and irrelevant material that they cannot get into court according to the rules of evidence.
The judge appears to be very business-like, even in the face of some repeated motions, such as the one for continuance. She just goes back to the original date at which the trial date was set with the agreement of both parties and points out that nothing subtantial has occured to change and warrant a need for more time.
Interesting that while she granted the various requests to prevent introduction of irrelevant "evidence" in relation to the opening statements, and agreed to hear and rule on any specific piece during the course of the trial, she was very clear that all of that phone info was going to have to be first authenticated, second, get past the rules of hearsay evidence, and third the defense would have to establish relevance. The phrase, "snowball's chance in hell" did not pass her lips, but that was the general drift.
Opening statements only FKA Reader.

However, you are a fool if you don't believe the jury did not just hear every bit of it 10 times a day.

Without a gag order the defense will continue to tell the truth about Trayvon and in case you did not notice they found out about addition evidence the state did not disclose.

big fun huh?

sucs 2 B U eh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Opening statements only FKA Reader.
However, you are a fool if you don't believe the jury did not just hear every bit of it 10 times a day.
Without a gag order the defense will continue to tell the truth about Trayvon and in case you did not notice they found out about addition evidence the state did not disclose.
big fun huh?
sucs 2 B U eh
I believe that the "evidence" in question is the deleted photos from Trayvon's phone. Given their lack of admissibility and materiality, I don't believe that the judge is going to find it exculpatory.

And as I pointed out, she was pretty clear that the defense was going to have a pretty high bar to get over to get any of that stuff past her at any time during the trial. Also clear that it is the rules of evidence that prevent it.

The "truth" about Trayvon is that he is dead, and he is dead because George Zimmerman put a bullet through his heart, after following and chasing him. And the evidence from the scene does not support Zimmerman's narrative about what happened during the two minutes that are unaccounted for. And neither does Trayvon's school record, who and what he texted or what pictures were on his phone. And that's the truth.

http://youtu.be/jJMKupYF14I

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the "evidence" in question is the deleted photos from Trayvon's phone. Given their lack of admissibility and materiality, I don't believe that the judge is going to find it exculpatory.
And as I pointed out, she was pretty clear that the defense was going to have a pretty high bar to get over to get any of that stuff past her at any time during the trial. Also clear that it is the rules of evidence that prevent it.
The "truth" about Trayvon is that he is dead, and he is dead because George Zimmerman put a bullet through his heart, after following and chasing him. And the evidence from the scene does not support Zimmerman's narrative about what happened during the two minutes that are unaccounted for. And neither does Trayvon's school record, who and what he texted or what pictures were on his phone. And that's the truth.
http://youtu.be/jJMKupYF14I
That's "your" truth and "your" evidence FKA Reader. The jury is seeing the REAL Trayvon more every day.

The one you refuse to see because apparently you are colorblind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "your" truth and "your" evidence FKA Reader. The jury is seeing the REAL Trayvon more every day.
The one you refuse to see because apparently you are colorblind.
Are you referring to the Defense team's attempts to influence the jury through the repeated release of inadmissable materials through the news media?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the Defense team's attempts to influence the jury through the repeated release of inadmissable materials through the news media?
Yep,

and apparently there is more to come.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,
and apparently there is more to come.
Jury tampering OK by you as well?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look up jury tampering Ms lawyer.

Jury tempering is illegal. A clever strategy by the defense team is how I see it.

I did not see you crying when details about Zimmerman were released to the press.

Anyway, since the judge did NOT see any apparent
"jury tampering" and refused to issue a gag order, the TRUTH about Trayvon will continue to hit the news 10 times a day.

I also believe that the judges refusal to issue a gag order is a portent of future rulings that you are not going to like.

Frankly, I think the "fact" that Trayvon was a violent thug is relevant and should be admitted, given the plea of self defense.

One slip by the state during the trial and it's all in.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jury tampering" has a narrow legal definition. For one thing, it only applies to actions DURING the trial.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
Frankly, I think the "fact" that Trayvon was a violent thug is relevant and should be admitted, given the plea of self defense.
I agree, it points to a likelihood that Martin was behaving in a way that prompted Zimmerman to take the actions he took. I believe it was wrong for the judge to rule it irrelevant, and should he be found guilty, it could very well be basis for appeal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Look up jury tampering Ms lawyer.
Jury tempering is illegal. A clever strategy by the defense team is how I see it.
I did not see you crying when details about Zimmerman were released to the press.
Anyway, since the judge did NOT see any apparent
"jury tampering" and refused to issue a gag order, the TRUTH about Trayvon will continue to hit the news 10 times a day.
I also believe that the judges refusal to issue a gag order is a portent of future rulings that you are not going to like.
One slip by the state during the trial and it's all in.
Yeah, apparently you haven't been watching the courtroom action.

BTW, I don't recall the prosecution calling any press conferences, holding up defamatory pictures and the like. Didja notice that nobody released any of Zimmerman's texts or phone records to the press? No subpoenas of Zimmerman's Myspace.

After court today, Mark O'Mara (Zimmerman's attorney) was there for his usual press conference (declaring victory, oddly enough). So was Robert Z. jr--claiming a conspiracy by the Governor, attorney general and Sanford Police--and demanding that all charges be dropped. Oh, and by the way, he's gay (not kidding, he outed himself).

Not a peep from the prosecution, though.

Maybe they actually have a case and they are saving it for the court room.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 9 min God is my GOD 6
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 35 min Kasim 30,465
Franklin County Court System 1 hr OMM1351 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Catman Dave 3,201
ISIS Flag Photo in Front of the White House 2 hr Enter Username 3
Where are all the original legacy posters? 2 hr Zoe Regen 80
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Disgraced 2,282
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info