|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

What a shock.../sarc:
Twitter Account Gets Scrubbed In Zimmerman Case
Deletion spree sanitizes postings of teenage prosecution witness
JUNE 26--In a late-night scrubbing spree, dozens of embarrassing and incriminating posts were deleted Tuesday evening from the Twitter account of a Florida woman who has been described as a star government witness in the George Zimmerman murder case, The Smoking Gun has learned.
The sanitizing of Rachel Jeantel’s Twitter account came as the 19-year-old Miami resident prepares to take the stand and testify about a phone call she had with Trayvon Martin immediately before the unarmed 17-year-old was shot to death by Zimmerman in February 2012.
As TSG reported yesterday, Jeantel, pictured above, maintains a Twitter account (@MsRachel_94) to which she has made more than 200 posts over the past five months. Many of the teenager’s tweets referred to drinking, smoking, and getting high. She also made references to Martin’s death, referred to acquaintances as “b#tch” and “ni###,” and wrote about having “jackass lawyers on my ass.”
Yesterday afternoon, after TSG sought to contact several of Jeantel’s Twitter followers and Facebook friends, 14 tweets--and 13 linked Twitpic photos--were deleted from her Twitter account (which carries the personal motto “My Character And Action Describe Who I Am”). The removed tweets included references to drinking and a link to a sexually suggestive set of photos. Another killed tweet, from June 23, read “Court nails” and linked to a photo of fingernails (presumably Jeantel’s) with fresh orange polish. Additionally, several Twitpic images of assorted liquor bottles were deleted.
The scrubbing of Jeantel’s Twitter account, however, did not end there.
After 10 PM (Eastern) last night, 43 other tweets were deleted. The postings disappeared about two hours after TSG published a story about Jeantel’s social media musings. A TSG comparison of Jeantel’s sanitized Twitter account with the version from early Tuesday afternoon showed that the number of published tweets plummeted from 202 to 146.
A compilation of the 43 deleted Jeantel tweets can be found on pages beginning here. The 14 tweets deleted yesterday afternoon can be found here.
The material deleted last evening included nearly all remaining references to the underage Jeantel’s partying, including tweets like “When u drinking & smoking u need good music in ur ears hahaha I feel so good on Sunday” and “I need a drink to sleep dis off f##k dis shit boi.”
A quartet of consecutive February 24 tweets was also killed.“Party time let get high,” read the first tweet, which included beer glass emoticons. The messages “Omg everybody high” and “Lol we going to hell for smoke on Sunday I need some more drink” then followed. Jeantel’s final tweet that day was “I hope I dnt hit no one tonight lord plz watch my driving.” Her first February 25 tweet, also deleted, read,“Just got home thank u lord good night.”
Several tweets from February 26--the one-year anniversary of Martin’s death--were also deleted, including one that read,“Omg people calling n praying n shit lol I need a drink smoke and a pray my head killing me right now cannot wait when this day end.” A February 26 message reading “#rip Tray” remains on Jeantel’s Twitter page.
On March 5, it was disclosed that Jeantel was not truthful to investigators last year when she claimed that the reason she did not attend Martin’s funeral was due to a hospitalization. In apparent response to news reports about that lie, Jeantel tweeted,“Jus got home n hear wat was going and I’m angry.” In a follow-up post, she wrote,“remember who cause the funeral to happen keep it 100% Mr.ass hoe damn they p*ssed me off.” Those two tweets were erased last night.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ebonics, Reader.
Let's be honest...for once.
Ebonics is a dialect.

However, this young woman's speech is also highly regionalized. And when quoting Martin directly he was using teenaged colloquialisms.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ebonics is a dialect.
No it isn't. It's ghetto babbling.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ebonics is a dialect.
However, this young woman's speech is also highly regionalized. And when quoting Martin directly he was using teenaged colloquialisms.
Wat? Ah ain't down wit dat.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wat? Ah ain't down wit dat.
You sound like Paula Deen.

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like Paula Deen.
woof
Yo shut up in da hood creepy-ass cracka!
[Dat straight from DeeDee]
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard Paula?

woof

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Best online comment of the day:

One Caucasian parent + one Afro-Peruvian parent =“Creepy Cracka ass” Zimmerman

One Caucasian parent + one African parent =“Black” President Obama

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

7:55 - 8:30

Pure gold.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
7:55 - 8:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-fwBaAPlP6cXX
Pure gold.
Her and Deen. Cage match.$69.99 PPV.
Pale Rider

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

The question of the day?

To all the Republicans that believe George Zimmerman is innocent. How could this been prevented?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

@ 13:40

DeeDee assures us that the "N" word is "slang."

So...wat up wit Mizz Deen, lefties?
Pale Rider

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Best online comment of the day:
One Caucasian parent + one Afro-Peruvian parent =“Creepy Cracka ass” Zimmerman
One Caucasian parent + one African parent =“Black” President Obama
I hate to ask you this question? Are you related to Rachel Jeantel?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
The question of the day?
To all the Republicans that believe George Zimmerman is innocent. How could this been prevented?
Same way George of Hilliard could live a happier life.

MYOFB.

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to ask you this question? Are you related to Rachel Jeantel?
That's your daughter, Fry Queen. Lots of chicken has passed down that NFL gullet of hers.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Her and Deen. Cage match.$69.99 PPV.
Paula and Tammy Faye Baker are peas in a pod.

yuck.

woof

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You really should get the lay of the land here, newb. You're making an ass of yourself.
Have you ever noticed how decent, rational, reasonable people all line up against you and your crowd here?

Doesn't that ever make you stop and say "Hmmmmmm, maybe it's me"? Even once?
Gabriel's Hammer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
[QUOTE who="Gabriel's Hammer"]<quoted text>
Correct.
But shooting someone in the chest and claiming self defense after initiating the contact is not the job of the neighborhood watchman. It said so in the HOA bi-laws.
What say you?"

Zimmerman wasn't 'on duty' that night or under the banner of any organization. He was a resident on the way to the grocery store. Initiating verbal contact is NOT a crime. Neither is self defense when the response to that contact is a beating by a thug.
I believe he was traveling to the grocery store. Which does make him a citizen. Which brings in to question his state of mind to follow and shoot to death a perfect stranger.

I've seen people in my neighborhood that are a little suspect when I return from an errand. I'm a gun owner. I'm a member of my neighbor hood watch. I've never followed an individual and pursued them to the point of causing ones death with my weapon.

Seems excessive. It seems the act of a person with no critical thinking tools. Seems rather blood thirsty.
Him being a "thug" is an after thought. No "thug" signs are worn by teenagers.
Your critical thinking is also suspect.

What say you?
Gabriel's Hammer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
[QUOTE who="Gabriel's Hammer"]<quoted text>
If Mr. Zimmerman had not confronted the young man and retreated into the safety of his home like the dispatcher had instructed him to do, his nose and head would have remained in tact and Mr. Zimmerman would not be in this cumbersome pickle.
My hammer is also used to beat sense into the morbidly unaware.
"

Why didn't Ashtray run to his father's place? Why should Zimmerman, a resident, have to retreat?
Who is "Ashtray"?

Secondly, running would be the act of a person committing a crime or guilty of some wrong doing. Mr. Martin was walking and minding his own business.

I fail to see your reasoning.
But by your callous characterization of referring to this young man as "ashtray",
You paint a pretty clear picture of your deductive reasoning.
Gabriel's Hammer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>That's your daughter, Fry Queen. Lots of chicken has passed down that NFL gullet of hers.
As I see more of your posts, your defense mechanism seems to be name calling and racial epithets. I would venture to guess that is your calling card.

What say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info