Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3542 Jun 26, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the Indian-looking lady who testified that she heard running going north (left to right outside her window)?
I missed most of O'Mara's cross of her--but I had heard from a number who described it as bullying.
O'Mara has to keep up the public appearances even though he can no longer use them to influence the jury. He has to keep their donors stirred up and giving.
LOL
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3543 Jun 26, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Know of the phrase Amos and Andy, but way before my time old lady :) There is just something about him that doesn't resonate with me. It drives me crazy. When he is on TV, I really try to figure out what bugs me; innate distrust, body language, verbiage?
I know you want George convicted, if he did not act within the law, go to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200. Something with the Martin lawyer and the Martin's smells like the anchovies that Pizza 4 U would deliver.
I heard they quit their jobs since they no longer needed the money. And if you research, you'll find plenty of interesting info on Crump. And how his family came to hire him.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3544 Jun 26, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I am opposed to sweeping crimes under the rug based on either racial biases, good ol' boys influence, shoddy police work or faulty understandings of the SYG law.
But it happens.
And I would suggest that for every Trayvon Martin with parents sufficiently savvy to push on the criminal justice system there are many more who fall by the wayside.
Funny - I've never seen you act this way against any of the many injustices which occur in this country repeatedly.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3545 Jun 26, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the order of the witnesses. Some have suggested that Rachel (Deedee's real name) would make a good witness for the wrap-up.
They seem to be focusing right now on the witnesses who live in the townhomes surrounding.
And the judge ruled to allow Zimmerman's previous calls to police, so they are going to have to loop back and pick that up as well.
So the defense would be able to match calls with prior criminal activity? Interesting.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#3546 Jun 26, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard they quit their jobs since they no longer needed the money. And if you research, you'll find plenty of interesting info on Crump. And how his family came to hire him.
Can't bring myself to do research...Reader, school me. lol

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#3547 Jun 26, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny - I've never seen you act this way against any of the many injustices which occur in this country repeatedly.
Hey, clarify like butter. Caucasian, African American, married, single, teenage.

She acted this way with the Macy's dressing room thread. Cherry picking opinions, that's what I call it.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3548 Jun 26, 2013
Actually, Glitter, I find your comments the most interesting because in this limited, limited forum you strike me as the closest to the makeup of a juror. Additionally, you admit that the killing was tragic but also are smart enough to know that despite that, the prosecution has to prove the charges. You haven't been following along with this website and that website and were willing to allow the system its due course. I don't recall you using racial slurs (if you did, I missed it). And while WW never bets on the outcome of a trial (outwardly, anyway), I do think your comments on this are worth considering.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3549 Jun 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>With his ingredients for Lean...
And the jury definitely ain't gonna hear your speculations about all that.

Location hidden

#3550 Jun 26, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?

Then you have definitely not been paying attention.

Location hidden

#3551 Jun 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you not understand about on-scene law enforcement finding no cause for arrest?
"On scene law enforcement" includes a lot of people.

It's the whole picture that they put together that determines the outcome. And it is in the hands of some key decision-makers.

Location hidden

#3552 Jun 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"bullying"....ROFLMA O.
Already assigning blame for Zimmerman's acquittal?
No--that sort of thing doesn't necessarily go down well with juries.

Location hidden

#3553 Jun 26, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that is the witness. I would hardly call O'Mara"s cross bullying. She all of a sudden testified that she saw left to right, first time defense heard that info. She had to also admit that she started a FB page against Zimmerman. He shredded her. Even if you were on the jury, you would have to discount her testimony.
Apparently the left to right direction was consistent with a picture she had drawn during one of the interviews.

Bullying may be in the eye of the beholder.

RE: Facebook, I understood that she "liked" a Justice for Trayvon page, not that she started one. However, if a kid is killed in your back yard and you advocate justice for him, I don't exactly see how that impugns one's testimony.

Awhile back, when I actually WAS on a jury, we had to reconcile some conflicting versions of a story. It was less a process of discounting one person and going with another. Had more to do with what each understood from their own vantage point, as well as accounting for some individual biases on the part of witnesses.
Gabriel's Hammer

United States

#3554 Jun 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Meanwhile, defense attorney Mark O’Mara cross-examined Wendy Dorival, who served as volunteer program coordinator for the Sanford Police Department. Dorival stated that neighborhood watch volunteers were not supposed to follow suspects, but added that she thought Zimmerman was a professional person, and had tried to recruit him to a citizens patrol program. She said that it was suspicious that a person – Trayvon Martin – was walking in the rain between houses without a particular purpose.

According to another witness, a 911 operator, it is not within the purview of 911 operators to give orders to callers.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Hmmm...what we've been saying all along, Reader...on both counts.
He could have been singing and dancing between houses.

Zimmerman overstepped his authoritative bounds.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#3555 Jun 26, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the left to right direction was consistent with a picture she had drawn during one of the interviews.
Bullying may be in the eye of the beholder.
RE: Facebook, I understood that she "liked" a Justice for Trayvon page, not that she started one. However, if a kid is killed in your back yard and you advocate justice for him, I don't exactly see how that impugns one's testimony.
Bullsh!t. That's the very definition of choosing sides and adopting a mindset.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#3556 Jun 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="Gabriel's Hammer"]<quoted text>
Zimmerman overstepped his authoritative bounds.[/QUOTE]Following someone to ask them what they're doing is not illegal.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3557 Jun 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Following someone to ask them what they're doing is not illegal.
It is if you end up killing them without just cause.

Regardless, its mighty stupid.

woof

Location hidden

#3558 Jun 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsh!t. That's the very definition of choosing sides and adopting a mindset.
She is a witness, not a jury member, not the judge.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#3559 Jun 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sir are a knob. Who supports public lynch-mobs? If you support a potential group of neighborhood watch guards banding together and murdering innocent children in the future your moral compass is off. When these same watch guards want to pretend to be and play secret service agents, they make mistakes and use poor judgment.
Go find a clue.
clue....remove your head from your behind before typing.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#3560 Jun 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="Gabriel's Hammer"]<quoted text>
Zimmerman overstepped his authoritative bounds.[/QUOTE]

according to you.

when your nose is splattered on your face, and your head is being beaten with concrete.....what boundaries required higher authority?

Please bring your big hammer to explain.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#3561 Jun 26, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It is if you end up killing them without just cause.
Regardless, its mighty stupid.
woof
just cause..........

just cause you are stupid and blind is no excuse.

just cause occurred when zimmermans nose was splattered across his face, and head banging on the concrete.

you don't like it....to Fing bad.

PS: I suggest you not emulate Trayvon's behavior. Choose life instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
benghazi! 44 min Pope Che Reagan C... 10
impeachment 1 hr Free Pizza 4 U 57
BizzyBee Catman Gokeefe et al 1 hr Big Johnson 80
5 MILLION NEW WORKERS - Omg! 3 hr Matthew 22 21 8
Man Shot Multiple Times In North Columbus Alley 3 hr astonished by ign... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Male 4,553
People Forced To Move Out Of Columbus Motel Tha... 13 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search