Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3212 Jun 21, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>"Dumb, instate kids...types like you...go to Framingham State as first choice, kid. Maybe UMass Lowell as a second. The achievers go to private schools like Colby and Trinity."
Now, are any of those schools in Ohio?
You truly need to get some help.
I forgot about Georgie Defense #5, Limit the parameters of discussion to only include what he wants to include.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3213 Jun 21, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Che, tonight you finally proved, in front of a solid number of Columbus regulars, that you only expose yourself as a troll, a liar and a child.
The best word to describe what has happened to you over the past four hours is "vivisection."
Wow, followed up immediately by the Black Knight manuever. Georgie is throwing combinations!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3214 Jun 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's either dead or alive, unless you know of some other state of being. Do you? I'm open to enlightenment.
My goodness. I am also either alive or dead. Does that mean I survived the flood too?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3215 Jun 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness. I am also either alive or dead. Does that mean I survived the flood too?
In a larger, meta sense, yes.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#3216 Jun 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha

what a moooroon.

Sadly 0.0 that will apparently remain a mystery to U.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3217 Jun 21, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Her strategic filing had everything to do with child custody.
I can imagine.

But the set-up gave her a lot of cards to play.

Grounds.

Location hidden

#3218 Jun 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homes become UNbroken by divorce.
Wise words.

Location hidden

#3219 Jun 21, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Anybody doing anything fun this weekend?
Yep.

Location hidden

#3220 Jun 21, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
She wanted to play "victim." I realize it's pretty difficult for anyone with a co-dependency problem to see that...
Has nothing to do with "taking initiative."
Reader, you have no clue. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
Oh, you know her then.

Location hidden

#3221 Jun 21, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Would have gone to the Dayton Air Show, but Obama killed all the military programs.
Next Sunday, we'll be at the draft party at Nationwide.
Draft beer or drafting soldiers?

Location hidden

#3222 Jun 21, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I said achievers from Massachusetts. You see why you're called a lying troll, little girl?
And now you are going to make the case that there is something fundamentally different about schools and achievers in Massachusetts and Ohio?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#3223 Jun 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's either dead or alive, unless you know of some other state of being. Do you? I'm open to enlightenment.
I am also alive.

But I am not a flood surviver--get it?

Location hidden

#3224 Jun 21, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Despite our "tiff", Reader knows when I'm pissed and when I'm sincere. As much as we disagree, if she needed something, I would be there. She knows that. Poking fun and being truly mean are too totally different things.
Now don't go putting words in my mouth.

Yes, you have had moments of candor and sympathy. But I wouldn't go so far as to claim you are someone I could rely on if I needed something.

If I was being attacked by a gang of Topix bullies, for example--would you offer rational mediation, or pile on?

Location hidden

#3225 Jun 21, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Man, this thread has turned into a personal bash fest.
Someone may have already addressed this, still catching up on the cat fights.
Two of the jurors were dismissed by the prosecution with the defense calling them back. I'm not claiming to know how this works, but I put it akin to cashing in a bonus chip. This morning, a pundit said that would definitely work in the defenses' favor as they are aware that the prosecution did not want them as well as the other jurors are aware causing distrust with the prosecution.
Just found that analysis interesting.
I have no idea what you are talking about--if you can provide a link, I would be interested because I don't know of any mechanism for prosecution to call back any jurors once dismissed. Two jurors were dismissed fairly publicly--the one who had posted something anti-Zimmerman on Facebook and one who was outed mistakenly by the defense (mentioned where the woman worked while questioning her). There were a number of dismissals in the early round--based on either hardship or bias from media impact. In the second round, dismissals were handled between the attorneys and the judge--with each having the opportunity to dismiss an unlimited number for cause with 10 peremptory (no cause given) strikes. Now--this is an opportunity to challenge strikes if it becomes apparent that one side is using peremptories to eliminate jurors of a certain race.

As far as I know, the make up of the jury is all women, five white, one Hispanic. Some males and blacks as alternates.

And the defendent stated to the judge that he agreed with the jury selection.

So--very intrigued by whatever you heard.

Location hidden

#3226 Jun 21, 2013
Update (on Zimmerman) from this AM.

There was a wrangle between the defense and the judge about admitting some documents for consideration in the Frye hearing (to determine the admissibility of the audiology expert testimony).

Both of the defense attorneys have shown a propensity for arguing with the judge when she issues rulings--I cannot imagine than is helpful to them. This morning she ended up explaining to the defense how a judge's decision (on the Frye hearing) is different from a jury's decision--particularly regarding the evidence that she is allowed to consider. Sounded like Courtroom Procedure 101 to me.

However, there was a more glaring error that cropped up yesterday. The Frye hearing has featured testimony from several learned people who seemed to enjoy explaining what it is that they do and how they do it. Pretty boring stuff. A really intellectualized pissing contest.

However, one of the defense experts was asked to give an opinion on a report allegedly produced by a prosecution expert (he called it gibberish). On cross examination yesterday it became apparent that the prosecution expert did not produce the report and was totally unfamiliar with it. A bit of comedy as the defense attorney held the report up to the skype camera for the out of town witness.

Followed a clear two-point summary by the prosecution and a rambling bunch of stuff (beginning with bemoaning the lack of time they had to work on this) by the defense.

End of the day, the hearing was to establish whether or not the methodology used by the experts was new and novel or accepted by the field. The defense experts largely testified that the methodology has been in use for years and is widely accepted, but that they disagreed with the findings.

But, it looks like the defense is in trouble for reasons beyond the case at hand. They seem to be floundering.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#3227 Jun 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Draft beer or drafting soldiers?
The NHL draft.

Hilliard, OH

#3228 Jun 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you are going to make the case that there is something fundamentally different about schools and achievers in Massachusetts and Ohio?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
As I said before, there are no state schools in MA that even approach the level of Ohio State. The UMass system is a joke, as are the smaller former state colleges, now masquerading as "universities" like Bridgewater and Framingham.

As for the achievers component, read the conversation and notice how Che twisted her take on things in her usual way:

Sybil: "I do recall that he was asked to leave Bridgewater State after a semester and a half. Does that count as college educated?"
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T84UGU1AQ...

George: "Dumb, instate kids...types like you...go to Framingham State as first choice, kid. Maybe UMass Lowell as a second. The achievers go to private schools like Colby and Trinity."

Sybil: "I am kind of surprised that you can post without using the word "wickid".

George: "I haven't lived in the People's Republic since 1989."

Note that the subject has turned to Massachusetts, courtesy of Sybil.

Get it?

Hilliard, OH

#3229 Jun 21, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I've known someone who went to Trinity, and it's ok. But not really someplace I would put at the top of a list. You don't really see their folks going on to do as much as some of the better known programs. They've got a great little school and all of the two staff I've ever met are lovely. But I'm not really sure I would rank it near some of the harder hitting research or big name unis.
Again, I've never heard anything about Colby.
Some of the smaller, private universities can really be amazing schools. But it really varies. For every Wesleyean you've got three or four schools that just don't matter much in higher education circles.
Nobody is calling a school like Trinity a heavy hitter in research circles. It is a fairly exclusive liberal arts school that ranks far above "ok." Its biggest drawback is its horrendous location.

Hilliard, OH

#3230 Jun 21, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't she go to John Carroll, UD, or Xavier?
Are you saying that girls don't need to be as well-educated as boys? Are you hoping she can snag a man? She's probably going to end up with an Agricultural Studies major at OSU? After he tries to milk her.
Gee...her mother, an RN, thinks OSU is just fine. So do the national licensing boards, which pass OSU Nursing grads at a rate of 95% on the first try. Nobody needs to to a private college for majors like nursing, medicine and engineering.
BTW, you went where?

Hilliard, OH

#3231 Jun 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot about Georgie Defense #5, Limit the parameters of discussion to only include what he wants to include.
See post #3228 and blow me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 3 min Pam 154
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 46 min Confused 82
Columbus man on a deadly mission, caught 57 min Ecossais 101
Why Republicans Should Fear ‘Ready for Hillary’! 2 hr Seriouslady 31
Statistics of Wars Throughout History 2 hr Kenny 2
A QUESTION FOR hillary…. 3 hr yeah baby 7
Critics of Islam were right 3 hr Ecossais 29
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 3 hr Pam 71
More from around the web

Columbus People Search