Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2662 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
No way! I'm not being sarcastic, I properly love it. If anything, I would love to hear more.
It's a rather unique insight into the level of legal education available to the mainstream public. And while it's less than one would hope for, it's also really interesting to see the processes and products!
Have at it with Reader. I'll sit back and read, and then maybe start a thread on circumstantial evidence and the planting of DNA.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2663 Jun 20, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Have at it with Reader. I'll sit back and read, and then maybe start a thread on circumstantial evidence and the planting of DNA.
You should 100% start a thread on evidence. I think one of the largest problems with legal education for the general public is the lack of development of the basic ideas. Folks seem to pull what they think is a working knowledge from t and movies rather than ask the basic questions that would help them develop a better working understanding of the law.

What is it? When is it important? What makes it relevant? What makes it compelling? How do our ideas of empirical evidence and legal evidence differ and overlap? What kinds of proofs do we accept as legal evidence and why? How do our modern relationships with evidence differ from historical relationships or different global contexts?

Could even work to develop it as a guided self study exchange, if you wanted any direction!

Planted evidence could be fun as well but seems more likely to result in delicious conspiracy theories and less likely to result in actual learning and development.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2664 Jun 20, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, dummy. That statement was, to quote you, STUPID.
You are such a peach. You went completely off your rocker because I didn't know what you meant when you wrote a sentence that was missing an entire phrase that fundamentally changed the meaning of the sentence. Now, you ridicule someone else for missing a letter. Classic.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2665 Jun 20, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You shortened "racial slurs" to "slurs" after seeing evidence that George wasn't the only person using the term. And your hypocrisy is that you didn't call the other person out on it.
P.S. I used the shortest words I could think of so that Che could follow the logic without hurting herself too badly.
I'm still waiting for your proof that mnpf said she was present during the flood. You posted a link to a Topix thread earlier so you should know how to post that particular post here for us to see. Or maybe there was no such post and you are playing games like Georgie.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2666 Jun 20, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
effected? sheesh! You really shouldn't be criticizing anyone else's education.
I gave up on affected/effected many years ago. I find it only matters to those trying to avoid the subject. It's quite an effective tool, actuallty. I notice you did it.

SO tell us, could she not have been there the day of the flood? Could she have been in an area of the town that was unaffected?
Could your "logic" have been faulty?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2667 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>
-The-Artist- wrote:
It will be interesting on the Glenn Beck show tomorrow, he claims he's got the goods on the Saudis.
Time to take back this land
http://news.yahoo.com/beck-breaks-exclusive-i ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TMJLG5MQ7...
Take it up with Yahoo, douche. All I did was link to a story based on Karl's post.
The thread I started had to do with Saudis and their possible connection. Are you saying the Tsarnaevs are Saudi?
Don't make me post a link to the thread you started again Paco. I've got other things to do today.

You've lost your mind. First is was terrorists dining in the white house, and now its Obama seeking to destroy Catholicism, because he speaks of peace to young people in Northern Ireland.

Crazy talk, from a crazy man.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2668 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>
-The-Artist- wrote:
It will be interesting on the Glenn Beck show tomorrow, he claims he's got the goods on the Saudis.
Time to take back this land
http://news.yahoo.com/beck-breaks-exclusive-i ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TMJLG5MQ7...
Take it up with Yahoo, douche. All I did was link to a story based on Karl's post.
The thread I started had to do with Saudis and their possible connection. Are you saying the Tsarnaevs are Saudi?
One more time Paco. You keep forgetting:

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T0QSCPUEU...

I'm saying, you are full of shittt, and present with symptoms seen in someone with a pathological aversion to truth.

woof

woof

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#2669 Jun 20, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm overloaded with work right now and somewhat sleep deprived so I probably shouldn't be wasting time on here anyway. Did she use the dip flavored sprinkle stuff for her popcorn?
"dip flavored sprinkle stuff" thanks for the giggle. Where do I find that brand name at the grocery?

She had no time to use flavoring for her popcorn. "Flash" had to be in several places. Just dawned on me...I think she is Wonder Woman with an invisible plane to be so many places in such a short period of time. Ugh, I'm wrong, she could have deflected the bullet with her bracelets. Sigh.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#2670 Jun 20, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a peach. You went completely off your rocker because I didn't know what you meant when you wrote a sentence that was missing an entire phrase that fundamentally changed the meaning of the sentence. Now, you ridicule someone else for missing a letter. Classic.
FYI: You gots nuttin on Gokeefe. You should actually try to comprehend some of her posts...you may learn something.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#2671 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>And again, the ape uses a word with a definition that eludes him:

red·neck
[red-nek] Show IPA Informal: Often Disparaging.
noun
an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.

Sorry, Stymie...you're dealing with an east coast, suburban, professional realist.
You do realize we are laughing at you, not with you, right barnyard?

Brooklyn, New York

#2672 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Students LIVE in dorms, ape. I lived in Dana my first two years and The Heights for my final two. We even had a black guy at The Heights! You would have hated him.
Every freshman and sophomore college student has 8:00 AM classes. The fact that you even ask tells me that you never went to college.
What were you saying about "full of shit," ape?
Outstanding.

Your redneck anger and insipid babbling tells me everything I need to know.

Those are called rhetorical questions, barnyard.

You had a black guy in your dorm? No kidding. Did he jive talk and drink grape Kool-Aid? I think you're confusing college life with your parents basement.

Regale us with more college stories, barnyard...Tell us more of this alleged "black guy" you know...or lived with in your "dorm room".

College educated. I'm sure you are.(end sarcasm)

Brooklyn, New York

#2673 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>And again, the ape uses a word with a definition that eludes him:

red·neck
[red-nek] Show IPA Informal: Often Disparaging.
noun
an uneducated white farm laborer, especially from the South.
a bigot or reactionary, especially from the rural working class.

Sorry, Stymie...you're dealing with an east coast, suburban, professional realist.
Redneck - any Caucasian with a dumbass racial superiority complex. i.e. Clayton Bigsby, the black white supremacist from the Chappelle Show. How ironic.

I like that definition better.

Brooklyn, New York

#2674 Jun 20, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>If it walks like a redneck and talks like a redneck...
My point exactly.

Brooklyn, New York

#2676 Jun 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>It has been amusing. I just can't believe he hadn't caught on. Some people are blinded by their own pride to see what's really going on in front of them.
Insightful.

Nicely done. I wish there were more of your type of intellect on topix.

But the dumb rednecks are fun to screw with.

Brooklyn, New York

#2677 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I was blissfully unaware of being a southern farm laborer.
I toss remarks back at those who revel in racial invective. Rhino is a prime example.
Ignorance is bliss.

Brooklyn, New York

#2678 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Rhino's own boasting about St. John's goes back far before you ever found Topix, kid. Once again, you're running your mouth without knowing the history behind the argument. If anyone looks more foolish than him, it's you. If you read his posts you'd know why.
One thing's for sure...you'd never date him.
Oh my God.

You're like a child. No wonder you're level of redneckery is so high.

How do you know this lady's preference in a mate? Why do you care? I didn't bring up my University, you did.

Damn crybaby. Wimpy condescending vernacular is all you're good for.

Shameful display...Tsk, tsk...

Brooklyn, New York

#2679 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>I can personally assure you that 8 am classes aren't mandatory for students of a grade level. Especially not in a way that is uniform over the higher education system.

If any of your classes (8am or otherwise) involved logic, you should know that an anecdote doesn't make a proof.
It's well known that not all freshmen or sophomores can't always get the early classes...Early registration will sometimes assure your position, but due to canceled classes and other factors it is absolutely not true.

But don't tell Clayton that...It will ruin the illusion of his "college memories".

Brooklyn, New York

#2680 Jun 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Yet your trolling, ignorance and vile behavior are proof of...what?
Sorry, Torchy...I'm on the class list of Colby 1985. Facts make you choke.
What's your real name, boy? Some verification is in order.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2681 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
I know it makes me a bad person but on a small, sad level I actually really enjoy people who don't understand legal processes lecturing others about them.
It's like watching little kids try to teach you something. The fact are never near where they should be but the energy makes the whole thing straight up adorable!
Careful now...don't let your brains go to your head.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2682 Jun 20, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now...don't let your brains go to your head.
I spend a lot of my time with wonderfully brilliant folks who really do manage to keep me blushingly humble. There's nothing like seeing how much there is still left to learn to keep you motivated and working!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 45 min Hope N Change you... 65
Neil Diamond returning to Columbus 1 hr Columbus 1
Allie Mongar 2 hr Whenthepartisover 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Free Pizza 4 U 3,585
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Here we go 2,455
Hocking College Student Found Dead In Columbus 2 hr anonymous 1
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 3 hr Black Rhino 14
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Praying for Change 964
Catman Dave 4 hr They cannot kill ... 30
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance