Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2642 Jun 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>It existed elsewhere. Just like some of the things we talk about here. Sooner or later, they arrive.
How about those Boston terrorists who dined at the white house?

Were they figments of your and Glenn's imaginations, or did they exist?

Ever any confirmation on that? You started a thread suggesting it was all true...

woof

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#2643 Jun 19, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've proven it. You said she said she was there. No such post exists and she denies having ever said it. Once again, Georgie has stepped on his own dick. Now let's watch him stomp on it awhile.
He must be a contortionist. You know, given how small it is.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#2644 Jun 19, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You think that would stand up in court? You can't even prove you're not a girl.
Like when you tried to prove that you're not a girl? I still say it's a clitoris.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#2645 Jun 19, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
How about those Boston terrorists who dined at the white house?
Were they figments of your and Glenn's imaginations, or did they exist?
Ever any confirmation on that? You started a thread suggesting it was all true...
woof
-The-Artist- wrote:
It will be interesting on the Glenn Beck show tomorrow, he claims he's got the goods on the Saudis.
Time to take back this land

http://news.yahoo.com/beck-breaks-exclusive-i ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TMJLG5MQ7...

Take it up with Yahoo, douche. All I did was link to a story based on Karl's post.

The thread I started had to do with Saudis and their possible connection. Are you saying the Tsarnaevs are Saudi?

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#2646 Jun 19, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Like when you tried to prove that you're not a girl? I still say it's a clitoris.
I don't think you've ever seen one of those, Torchy.
When you learn the history of this forum and its participants, get back to us.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2647 Jun 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The prosecution gave the jury some good definition of what is and is not reasonable doubt today.
Also the value of circumstantial evidence.
What an odd comment. The prosecution instructed the jury? They've been seated? I've been busy working and must have missed it.

Somehow I think you would change your mind if your child were held under "circumstantial evidence" and he was denying any wrongdoing. I could be wrong, though I don't think I am.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2648 Jun 19, 2013
OMG, Reader - the jury hasn't even been selected yet.
What is with you? "The prosecution gave the jury some good definition..."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - what jury? Are you being psychic again?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2649 Jun 19, 2013
Circuit Judge Debra Nelson read the charges against Zimmerman to the potential jurors, including the part where prosecutors say Zimmerman acted with a depraved mind and without regard for Trayvon's life.

http://www.floridatoday.com/usatoday/article/...

Get it together, Reader.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2650 Jun 19, 2013
SANFORD Quietly and with hardly anyone noticing, George Zimmerman's attorneys persuaded prosecutors not to use the word "profiled" during jury selection.

That means the theory that is the backbone of the state's case that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was profiled is now something prosecutors will not mention as they pick a panel to decide whether Zimmerman committed a crime.

The decision on the word "profiled" or any variation of it came last week on Day 1 of Zimmerman's trial, but Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson handled the issue quickly, and there was little discussion of it in open court.

"I don't have any objection to not mentioning these words," said lead prosecutor Bernie de Rionda, and the judge quickly moved on to another issue, jury selection.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2651 Jun 19, 2013
And a comment from the above story:

MichaelSF at 9:01 PM June 17, 2013

For those who do not understand the Court's ruling:

- The lawyers in an opening statement are LIMITED in giving an introduction to the jury on WHAT THEIR EVIDENCE WILL SHOW.

- A common statement made during opening statement is: "The evidence will show..."

- Lawyers are NOT allowed to present argument in opening statement.

- Lawyers are NOT allowed to make statements irrelevant to the case.(For example: "We have all heard of the term 'vigilante justice.' That's what his case is about."

- Most important, lawyers are NOT allowed to make statements for which they have no evidence.

That the Judge would prohibit Bernie "The Coward" de la Rionda's from making such statement in his opening statement shows that: 1) The Judge anticipated Bernie might try such a stunt; 2) the State has no evidence to prove those claims or support the statements; 3) if the state had evidence to support the charge and assertions made in the case, it would have produced such in opposition to Zimmerman's Motion; and 4) the Court does not trust the State.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2652 Jun 20, 2013
I know it makes me a bad person but on a small, sad level I actually really enjoy people who don't understand legal processes lecturing others about them.

It's like watching little kids try to teach you something. The fact are never near where they should be but the energy makes the whole thing straight up adorable!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2653 Jun 20, 2013
Sorry, I'll step aside. But I really didn't know that the prosecution spoke to a jury during voir dire to educate them on circumstantial evidence and the like.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2654 Jun 20, 2013
Keyword = jury. Oh, never mind. Reader is the legal expert so I'll defer to her.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2655 Jun 20, 2013
You two can have a legal discussion on the merits of the case. I'll read the books when it's over.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#2656 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
I know it makes me a bad person but on a small, sad level I actually really enjoy people who don't understand legal processes lecturing others about them.
I'm assuming this is directed toward Reader....

Columbus, OH

#2657 Jun 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
It's like watching little kids try to teach you something. The fact are never near where they should be but the energy makes the whole thing straight up adorable!
My children teach me something every day; patience, love, new "hot" songs, back to basic education, etc. They are sponges and it is great to share with them. Would not classify that as "adorable", would label it "thank you kids". Just saying, know it all....

Columbus, OH

#2658 Jun 20, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Keyword = jury. Oh, never mind. Reader is the legal expert so I'll defer to her.
Really, you want to annoy me this early? C'mon. We all know she was the clerk, EMT, police, and ate popcorn while the whole incident occurred sitting on the curb.

Give her the credit that she is due.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#2659 Jun 20, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Sorry, I'll step aside. But I really didn't know that the prosecution spoke to a jury during voir dire to educate them on circumstantial evidence and the like.
No way! I'm not being sarcastic, I properly love it. If anything, I would love to hear more.

It's a rather unique insight into the level of legal education available to the mainstream public. And while it's less than one would hope for, it's also really interesting to see the processes and products!

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#2660 Jun 20, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>My children teach me something every day; patience, love, new "hot" songs, back to basic education, etc. They are sponges and it is great to share with them. Would not classify that as "adorable", would label it "thank you kids". Just saying, know it all....
That is pretty adorable, though!

I think folks like me get so caught up in the professional development rat race that it's easy to forget how enjoyable people find really accessible, lower level learning and exchange with their kids! It's great for the kids to be able to learn and communicate through teaching and if you're getting something out of it as well, that's pretty amazing!
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2661 Jun 20, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Really, you want to annoy me this early? C'mon. We all know she was the clerk, EMT, police, and ate popcorn while the whole incident occurred sitting on the curb.
Give her the credit that she is due.
I'm overloaded with work right now and somewhat sleep deprived so I probably shouldn't be wasting time on here anyway. Did she use the dip flavored sprinkle stuff for her popcorn?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 7 min They cannot kill ... 18
President Ebola 11 min Duke for Mayor 657
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 16 min Duke for Mayor 35
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 1 hr justagirl 15
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 1 hr Male 116
Woman Behind Columbus Ebola Hoax Faces $2,800 Bill 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 3
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 3,961
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) Tue J-Corn 981
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]