Republican Steve King Charges Obama with 'Lowering American Values'

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

#1 May 11, 2013
Republican congressman Steve King of Iowa is charging the POTUS with taking American values down a notch by inserting himself inappropriately into media-driven controversies and state-level politics.

For King, Obama's conduct on everything from his phone call to NBA player Jason Collins to his engagement with a 2009 incident involving black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.- who was arrested by a white police officer in a controversy-laden mixup at his home - is un-presidential. "No president would engage in an incident like that," maintained King, the Washington Times reports.
"I hear the president reducing or lowering American values by his comments that take place in the public and in the press," said King. "Think about the things that he's chosen sides on."

The heartland Republican further claimed that President Obama was undermining not only America, but the western tradition itself:
"One notch at a time, one click at a time, American civilization, American culture, Western civilization, Western Judeo-Christendom are eroded."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been 1 hr Ghost of G 9
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 1 hr Ghost of G 5
City to consider measures to reduce plastic bag... 1 hr Ghost of G 3
Chris from Columbus - Frequent Radio Talk Show ... 4 hr CCW 1
dub-v fan 4 hr Star On 47 2
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 4 hr dpx55 159
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Male 3,981
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs