New License Plates to be Mandatory

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#104 Jan 31, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I like the clean, spare, blue and white designs. The NB plate is a nice design, but a poor choice of color for the numbers.
US Government plates are that design as well, but they are ugly.

I plan a large collection of those like the last link as well.
Sick of it already

Arlington Heights, IL

#105 Jan 31, 2013
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
So replacing plates every 7 years for $10 equals a whopping 70 cents per year. Big deal.
Thank pou, I agree.

Just moved last month from Columbus to The Peoples Republic of Illinois. Next year, I get to pay $99.00 for "Land of Lincoln" (and Obama) plates and another $30.00 for a city tax window decal.

People, STOP YOUR BITCHING! I would move out of this Cook County cesspool and back to Columbus tomorrow if it were an option.

You don't know how good you got it. I didn't either.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#106 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>I like the clean, spare, blue and white designs. The NB plate is a nice design, but a poor choice of color for the numbers.
I like Vermont, New Mexico, and Hawaii (at least from about 15 years ago, haven't seen one recently) plates.

Ivy League-ISIS

#107 Jan 31, 2013
Sick of it already wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank pou, I agree.
Just moved last month from Columbus to The Peoples Republic of Illinois. Next year, I get to pay $99.00 for "Land of Lincoln" (and Obama) plates and another $30.00 for a city tax window decal.
People, STOP YOUR BITCHING! I would move out of this Cook County cesspool and back to Columbus tomorrow if it were an option.
You don't know how good you got it. I didn't either.
Move your ass to Idaho, Tennessee, Wyoming, Oklahoma

That's where I'm going, Wyoming's House of Representatives has passed a bill to arrest all federal agents enforcing any new gun laws.

We are one state Senate and one Governor away, from 1861 redux.

And this time, its for keeps!
Sick of it already

Arlington Heights, IL

#108 Jan 31, 2013
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
So replacing plates every 7 years for $10 equals a whopping 70 cents per year. Big deal.
I just moved from Columbus to The Peoples Rebublic of Illinois. Next year, I get to pay $99.00 for "Land of Lincoln" (and Obama) plates plus another $30.00 for a city tax sticker.

Stop complaining!

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#109 Jan 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Move your ass to Idaho, Tennessee, Wyoming, Oklahoma
That's where I'm going, Wyoming's House of Representatives has passed a bill to arrest all federal agents enforcing any new gun laws.
We are one state Senate and one Governor away, from 1861 redux.
And this time, its for keeps!
Don't let the door hit you where your crack splits you.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#110 Feb 1, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the devil would say anyone is required to do business overseas, Idiot?
You carrying that 'twist' of yours a bit too far. Go away, it was nice to have a day or two without you.
I promise you that to do business in most overseas markets you have no requirement to hold accounts in the countries of contact.

Which is pretty common sense. The idea that if a company is working in countries A,B,C that you would need accounts in each doesn't really stand up to the most basic inspection of the idea.

I have been on less. Been really busy buying a flat. Which seems to be suspiciously like pulling teeth, out here.
L i G

Delaware, OH

#111 Feb 1, 2013
Where are you? George misses you. Your better in bed than his no-good wife. Now I know why you called her names.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#112 Feb 1, 2013
Update: A Republican state legislator, Rex Damschroeder, has basically said this new plan will go into effect over his dead body. Thinks it's a waste, and is looking to legislate away our front plates.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#113 Feb 1, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
Update: A Republican state legislator, Rex Damschroeder, has basically said this new plan will go into effect over his dead body. Thinks it's a waste, and is looking to legislate away our front plates.
There will be a fight from the red light camera ticket folks if they try to do away with front plates.....assuming you have red light camera folks in Ohio.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#114 Feb 1, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be a fight from the red light camera ticket folks if they try to do away with front plates.....assuming you have red light camera folks in Ohio.
They go for the rear plate here.
http://www.columbuspolice.org/RedlightCameraI...

Location hidden

#115 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>They go for the rear plate here.
http://www.columbuspolice.org/RedlightCameraI...
Hmmm...CA and NV both go for the front plate....

I had a car that did not look good with a front plate, no one ever bothered me about not having one until the cameras started going in....then I started getting tickets for no front plate. The cop that gave me the last one said the reason for enforcement was the cameras....

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#116 Feb 1, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...CA and NV both go for the front plate....
I had a car that did not look good with a front plate, no one ever bothered me about not having one until the cameras started going in....then I started getting tickets for no front plate. The cop that gave me the last one said the reason for enforcement was the cameras....
Police in places like Hilliard and UA will pull you over in a heartbeat for no front plate.

Location hidden

#117 Feb 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise you that to do business in most overseas markets you have no requirement to hold accounts in the countries of contact.
Which is pretty common sense. The idea that if a company is working in countries A,B,C that you would need accounts in each doesn't really stand up to the most basic inspection of the idea.
I have been on less. Been really busy buying a flat. Which seems to be suspiciously like pulling teeth, out here.
Don't promise me anything about something you know nothing about and have never done and I have been doing for 20+ years.
"Stay quiet and be thought a fool, speak out and confirm it."
No one cares where you are or what you're buying.

Location hidden

#118 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Police in places like Hilliard and UA will pull you over in a heartbeat for no front plate.
Just wanted to thank all you guys. I had a bunch of errands to run today and spent most of my time looking at license plates.
The ones with white backrounds, like MD, are pretty ugly because none were close to clean.
DE's look good no matter how old they get.
No one in PA seems to have the same style plate.
At least I didn't rear end anybody.
(Not a word Johnson)

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#119 Feb 1, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted to thank all you guys. I had a bunch of errands to run today and spent most of my time looking at license plates.
The ones with white backrounds, like MD, are pretty ugly because none were close to clean.
(Not a word Johnson)
Just like Florida. At one time they had 78 legal variations of plate. I think here in Ohio there are at least 40 with all the sports teams, universities, organizations and environmental plates.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#120 Feb 1, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
(Not a word Johnson)
I like the PA plates, bot the current ones and the old school blue and yellow ones.

Maryland's are ugly, you are correct. But those seem to be the ones George prefers.

I also like the current Jew York plate. I like that curved thing at the top.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/20...

Location hidden

#121 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Just like Florida. At one time they had 78 legal variations of plate. I think here in Ohio there are at least 40 with all the sports teams, universities, organizations and environmental plates.
If any of you have young children, there is a great game to take in the car, USA License Plates - it's a Melissa & Doug Wooden puzzle. I think you can also get it through AAA.

Or you can buy it for yourself.

Ivy League-ISIS

#122 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Just like Florida. At one time they had 78 legal variations of plate. I think here in Ohio there are at least 40 with all the sports teams, universities, organizations and environmental plates.
More than 40, easily

https://www.oplates.com/PlateSpecial.aspx

Hit "passenger car", there's a ton

Ivy League-ISIS

#123 Feb 1, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Jew York
What you did there, I see it.

And one of your favorite "ethnic Catholics" is governor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im not her! ☹️ 22 min Lonelyone87 4
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 32 min Big Daddy 112
Christmas Will Win! 1 hr toejam 12
Fishy White Discharge 🤢 1 hr BizzyBee 3
SeriousLady Kidnapped BizzyBee 😯 1 hr vaginal dryness 19
Ask Gen. Kelly if Obama called when his son died ? 2 hr Pickle Rick 3
Columbus Crew To Bid Columbus Adieu! 5 hr 404 not found 8
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 23 hr tellthetruth 334

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages