Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of "might of" is incorrect. The correct word is "might've" which is short for "might have" and sounds the same as "might of".
Heck fire, I was a fixin' tooo menchin that my own self.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Note the proximity of the letter "v" to the letter "c" on the keyboard, Mr. Will.
Yep, it happens. Thank goodness I haven't been called out on all the typos I make.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it happens. Thank goodness I haven't been called out on all the typos I make.
Or my por spellin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
For SeriousLady:
This is the current plate:
http://bmv.ohio.gov/beautiful_ohio.stm
Hmmm...not to attractive, huh? Let me see if I can find our options. But we can keep the same tag for life, just take it with you when you sell or trade your vehicle.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Well isn't he just special?
Ted's beard designed the Farmville plate.
As much as I would like to make fun of Ted, I can't. I got dragged to a Democrat fundraiser once and I actually met and talked at length with him.

He is a very nice guy.

I tend to vote Republican, but on a personal level consider most of the Republicans I meet to be tools. I tend to like the Democrats better on a personal level.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...not to attractive, huh? Let me see if I can find our options. But we can keep the same tag for life, just take it with you when you sell or trade your vehicle.
I think they had the right idea, it just doesn't look very good when attached to a vehicle. Gov. Ted Strickland's wife (D) was in charge of plate design.

As I said in the previous post, Ted Strickland is a very nice man. His background was congressman, Methodist minister, and has a doctorate in psychology. He really has a lot of compassion for the poor people and the dysfunction which predominates the Appalachian portions of Ohio.

But being nice doesn't necessarily make you a good governor. He wasn't tough enough to make the decisions that had to be made when we hit our economic wall, so he lost reelection.

Had we been in good economic times, he would have been very popular. In fact, his first two years he could do nothing wrong. He had Reaganesque popularity.

Again, very nice man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
For SeriousLady:
This is the current plate:
http://bmv.ohio.gov/beautiful_ohio.stm
O.K. Bob, try this

www.dmv.de.gov/vehicle_services/reg/ve_sp_t

I have the farm presevation one on my white car. On the jeep and buick I have low numbers, so they are black w/white numbers. But the state gives you the tag in the standard dark blue w/yellow to carry in your truck. Free. Registration is $20. per year. Depending on the year of your car, you don't have to go for up to 4 years, and the state has it's own inspection lanes you drive through and it's so easy and no mechanic to 'get you' a for $40 -$200 repair.

If they do find something wrong, they send you on through the rest of the inspection and you just have to go to a special lane when you come back with the one repair made. Like my horn didn't work one time. I don't drive with my horn, so I had no idea.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they had the right idea, it just doesn't look very good when attached to a vehicle. Gov. Ted Strickland's wife (D) was in charge of plate design.
As I said in the previous post, Ted Strickland is a very nice man. His background was congressman, Methodist minister, and has a doctorate in psychology. He really has a lot of compassion for the poor people and the dysfunction which predominates the Appalachian portions of Ohio.
But being nice doesn't necessarily make you a good governor. He wasn't tough enough to make the decisions that had to be made when we hit our economic wall, so he lost reelection.
Had we been in good economic times, he would have been very popular. In fact, his first two years he could do nothing wrong. He had Reaganesque popularity.
Again, very nice man.
Union shill, tax raiser, slow train builder, and probably in the closet.

I really regret supporting him. But the NRA endorsement means a lot.

Because PO14 ain't getting it, and Kasich will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Damn! That takes you to a 'page not available', but gives you an option to go to DMV and from there just type in 'plates' at the search cue and you can look at all of them.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really regret supporting him.
I don't -- especially having met him.

His first two years were the best of practically any Governor. The man was hitting all the right notes until the economy imploded.

Every now and then you need someone who understands what the poor are going through and at least wants to see if he can help them. Ted's a good man.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
Damn! That takes you to a 'page not available', but gives you an option to go to DMV and from there just type in 'plates' at the search cue and you can look at all of them.
They're getting too cute with the plates these days. There is something to be said about the simplicity of the older designs. I always liked other state's plates because they used colored backgrounds whereas ours have mostly been white from about 1974 through about 1991.

My favorite old school plates were these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ohio_1972_Q...

and especially this one:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/006/0/5908962/il_5...

They finally started adding designs with this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1991_Ohio_L...

This is the Bicenentennial Plate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2003_OH_pas...

But this one is still the best looking:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b...

========

Most Ohio plates are here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registra...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

"Mitt Romney has so little economic patriotism that even his money needs a passport. It summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps. In Matthew, chapter 6, verse 21, the scriptures teach us that where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. My friends, any man who aspires to be our president should keep both his treasure and his heart in the United States of America. And itís well past time for Mitt Romney to come clean with the American people."

-- Ted Strickland, DNC Convention

Can't respect that BS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

-tip- wrote:
"Mitt Romney has so little economic patriotism that even his money needs a passport. It summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps. In Matthew, chapter 6, verse 21, the scriptures teach us that where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. My friends, any man who aspires to be our president should keep both his treasure and his heart in the United States of America. And itís well past time for Mitt Romney to come clean with the American people."
-- Ted Strickland, DNC Convention
Can't respect that BS.
It is BS. All through the campaign season I tried to explain overseas accounts. If you're doing business in another Country, you need to have an account there. Everything gets converted back to US $ and reported on your US tax return. Been doing it for the boss for years and years.

Unless you're a criminal. Then you don't file a tax return anyway.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It is BS. All through the campaign season I tried to explain overseas accounts. If you're doing business in another Country, you need to have an account there. Everything gets converted back to US $ and reported on your US tax return. Been doing it for the boss for years and years.
Unless you're a criminal. Then you don't file a tax return anyway.
In fairness to Ted, he's a minister and psychologist. That was probably consistent his level of knowledge when it comes to these matters.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't -- especially having met him.
His first two years were the best of practically any Governor. The man was hitting all the right notes until the economy imploded.
Every now and then you need someone who understands what the poor are going through and at least wants to see if he can help them. Ted's a good man.
Slow trains

Income tax hikes

Yeah, he doesn't care about the poor, he existed so the public sector unions could continue the racket.
Grammar Nazi

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Note the proximity of the letter "v" to the letter "c" on the keyboard, Mr. Will.
Not an excuse for laziness and lack of attention to detail.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
f' off. Hey look, I made sure this post was purrfect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
gull darn right their grammar lady? i doesn't much conndone lzayness an what not nither....stayy on top of this isue for they sake ofen us edumacted folks.....

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
gull darn right their grammar lady? i doesn't much conndone lzayness an what not nither....stayy on top of this isue for they sake ofen us edumacted folks.....
I'm ready for my grammatical tutor lesson, oh wise one. Sincerely, grasshopper :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm ready for my grammatical tutor lesson, oh wise one. Sincerely, grasshopper :)
I will sstart reflectin an what not. bout howz i can be a fixin up yor'res gramadcel skillz and such...

isin you shore you is up too the's task? my stantards is bein preety
hi flalutin an all.......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of128
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min Nickled Dimed 28,559
better tan any Fred Eaglesmith song..or joke... 4 min d pantz 39
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 min Neutral Party 2,725
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 8 min Free Pizza 4 U 7
Is Michelle Obama a Transsexual? 16 min boo 34
When will Obama be Arrested???? 23 min Free Pizza 4 U 43
Firemen 24 min Rufas 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••