sidekick

Columbus, OH

#41 Jan 30, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Gahanna loves to cite people for this.
I got a ticket for having the stickers on the opposite side(25 on left & birth year on right), in Upper Arlington. I've had the same plates for 6-7 years, and still don't remember the number half. Hell, I can't recall what style of plate they are.

I might of said this before, but my front plate was attached by a magnet, which fell off after running thru deep water 50mph. Later to find, it had been ran over by a lawnmower that I beat back into shape.
Grammar Nazi

Columbus, OH

#42 Jan 30, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a ticket for having the stickers on the opposite side(25 on left & birth year on right), in Upper Arlington. I've had the same plates for 6-7 years, and still don't remember the number half. Hell, I can't recall what style of plate they are.
I might of said this before, but my front plate was attached by a magnet, which fell off after running thru deep water 50mph. Later to find, it had been ran over by a lawnmower that I beat back into shape.
Your use of "might of" is incorrect. The correct word is "might've" which is short for "might have" and sounds the same as "might of".
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#43 Jan 30, 2013
Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of "might of" is incorrect. The correct word is "might've" which is short for "might have" and sounds the same as "might of".
AND...You're completely useless.
Mommy, Mommy.....I found a Boo-Boo on the forum. WAhhhhh
fu license plate

Columbus, OH

#44 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.
have not put one on the good car s ever.
if pulled over, just hold out hand waiting for ticket.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#45 Jan 31, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the stuff they have these days with bar codes and RFID technology, they don't really need a front plate anymore if they're that concerned with identity. Not to mention that the front plate gets nasty due to all the bugs if you don't have a cover over it.
One of the main reasons they want a front tag is because of the LPR technology. The license plate recognition cameras in use nowadays cam scan a plate at speeds in excess of 70mph. With cop cars and red light cams, the occasional speed cameras, you can put tabs on people quite easily. There is also the benefit of a car who's owner is wanted on a warrant that the officer passing by it might not know about at all. When the license is picked up, it will automatically place the alert and warrant on the cop's screen and he has the option to pursue the car or monitor it's location or ignore it altogether.

I freelance work in an area that utilizes LPR and from my experience with them, I am convinced the new plates are so the recognition will be easier and more accurate in more adverse conditions. While the tech is good,(it's scary how good it is) there is some room for improvement and improving the reflectivity of the license plates is a step for it.

So I do not think Ohio will get rid of the front license plate. In the future, other states will likely bring them back, and I think the switch has more to do with technology then funding some budget.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#46 Jan 31, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I just like my current plates and I like my current number. It's easy to remember.
Easy for Reader to remember too. You're just afraid she will rock the wrong Acura.

Columbus, OH

#47 Jan 31, 2013
Whatever happened to Kasich's priority of revamping our driver's license? Salmon color...ugh

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#48 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Whatever happened to Kasich's priority of revamping our driver's license? Salmon color...ugh
Supposedly there are security concerns, and that he was told it would cost more, as it wasn't due for an update for another 10 years.

Columbus, OH

#49 Jan 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Supposedly there are security concerns, and that he was told it would cost more, as it wasn't due for an update for another 10 years.
Nice info. Still cracks me up that was a priority of his.

Ivy League-ISIS

#50 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Nice info. Still cracks me up that was a priority of his.
It's pink and ugly, why shouldn't it be a priority. Customer service and all.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#51 Jan 31, 2013
Why doesn't the state just go back to renewing plates every year? New plates were included in the price and we all had fresh ones. I've had the same plates for around seven years and within six months of buying them, they started flaking crap off them.

Columbus, OH

#52 Jan 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pink and ugly, why shouldn't it be a priority. Customer service and all.
I think we should have glamour shots photogs to make sure we look our best for our DL. That would be my priority as Governor.

Ivy League-ISIS

#53 Jan 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
Why doesn't the state just go back to renewing plates every year? New plates were included in the price and we all had fresh ones. I've had the same plates for around seven years and within six months of buying them, they started flaking crap off them.
Because then it would be for the point of taxes without calling it a tax increase.

It also wastes resources.

I've seen plates from the early 90s still around.

Columbus, OH

#54 Jan 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
Reminisce old man. How's the crank on the car working? I know you have problems with that.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#55 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Reminisce old man. How's the crank on the car working? I know you have problems with that.
No problems with that, smartass. I pulled the Flintstonemobile out and guess what, no gas to buy!

Columbus, OH

#56 Jan 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problems with that, smartass. I pulled the Flintstonemobile out and guess what, no gas to buy!
Did you get the velvro Zips I sent you? Worry about you being able to tie your shoes and your sole.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#57 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get the velvro Zips I sent you? Worry about you being able to tie your shoes and your sole.
We go barefoot out here in the sticks, yall.:P
Johnson

Columbus, OH

#58 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I think we should have glamour shots photogs to make sure we look our best for our DL. That would be my priority as Governor.
If you had a glamour shots photo on your license, you wouldn't be able to use it for ID because you wouldn't look like your everyday skank self.
Grammar Nazi

Columbus, OH

#59 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get the velvro Zips I sent you? Worry about you being able to tie your shoes and your sole.
There is no such thing as "velvro". It's "Velcro".

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#60 Jan 31, 2013
Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "velvro". It's "Velcro".
Note the proximity of the letter "v" to the letter "c" on the keyboard, Mr. Will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Republican Controlled House and Senate 20 min Pale Rider 49
Censoring Male. 35 min yep 14
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 42 min yup 283
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 47 min Big Papa Tea 334
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 1 hr Big Papa Tea 28
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4,798
Rootin Tootin Putin 3 hr They cannot kill ... 7
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:03 pm PST