First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Replacing car plates would be required under budget proposal

Ohioans might have to pay $10 every seven years to replace their license plates, starting with cars still running around with gold plates or bicentennial plates which the state would recall beginning in December.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I have the Bicentennial Plates, they are still in good condition and I like them. I'll probably pay extra to keep my number.

I have a feeling the $cameras are having trouble reading them, though.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#4 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.
If so, they'd better reduce the price significantly for my vanity plate.
Geronimo

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.
Just duct tape it to your pick-up's dashboard so it doesn't slide around and is still visible.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Geronimo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just duct tape it to your pick-up's dashboard so it doesn't slide around and is still visible.
Doesn't bother me so much on my pick-up.
I'd like a cleaner look to my convertible.

Awhile back, OH discussed ditching the front plate, but wasn't going to change the fee. It's the government; there will be no discounts.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Geronimo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just duct tape it to your pick-up's dashboard so it doesn't slide around and is still visible.
Some police departments have a field day with that. When I first moved here from Connecticut and got my Ohio plates, I had no front plate rack. So I put a plate up on the dash. I was pulled over the second day by the Hilliard PD. The guy was cool, especially when I explained why, but I had that plate mounted the next day.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#8 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't bother me so much on my pick-up.
I'd like a cleaner look to my convertible.
Awhile back, OH discussed ditching the front plate, but wasn't going to change the fee. It's the government; there will be no discounts.
With all the stuff they have these days with bar codes and RFID technology, they don't really need a front plate anymore if they're that concerned with identity. Not to mention that the front plate gets nasty due to all the bugs if you don't have a cover over it.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.
Remove it.

You'll stand up to the oppressors when they ask you to register a gun but you're afraid to operate a small wrench?

I don't understand you people.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Remove it.
You'll stand up to the oppressors when they ask you to register a gun but you're afraid to operate a small wrench?
I don't understand you people.
woof
Driving is a privilege -- not a constitutionally-guaranteed right, "Mr. Attorney."

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#11 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Waiting, waiting, waiting for OH to lose the front plate.
And still charge $10 for the back one.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#12 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Driving is a privilege -- not a constitutionally-guaranteed right, "Mr. Attorney."
Fight the Power!!!!

woof
Spookhere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#13 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't bother me so much on my pick-up.
I'd like a cleaner look to my convertible.
Awhile back, OH discussed ditching the front plate, but wasn't going to change the fee. It's the government; there will be no discounts.
I have several vehicles with no place to mount a front plate. Have never been cited yet.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Fight the Power!!!!
woof
Wrong.

BE the Power!!!!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several vehicles with no place to mount a front plate. Have never been cited yet.
Consider yourself extremely lucky.
Toby

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several vehicles with no place to mount a front plate. Have never been cited yet.
Just stick them up your azz so you'll always have access to them if stopped by a cop.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Why aren't you all complaining about Kasich's tax hike?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Why aren't you all complaining about Kasich's tax hike?
Seems to be lower than the standard fee, and is not being manipulated as a sole revenue source as in NY/PA where the fee was in the hundreds.

Seems like another attempt at a backdoor tax hike, but it probably swims through. Using the referendum to strike it down, is hard, and the public unions would give us any extorted dues to pay for the campaign to get rid of it, rather they would be advocating more taxes.

Why aren't you cheering it? Kasich is being bipartsian and "moderate".

http://www.kasichforohio.com/sign-up/

Two more years as governor and eight in the white house, am I right?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several vehicles with no place to mount a front plate. Have never been cited yet.
Gahanna loves to cite people for this.
so what

Columbus, OH

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Replacing car plates would be required under budget proposal
Ohioans might have to pay $10 every seven years to replace their license plates, starting with cars still running around with gold plates or bicentennial plates which the state would recall beginning in December.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
So replacing plates every 7 years for $10 equals a whopping 70 cents per year. Big deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey pale rider 18 min -The-Artist- 35
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 28 min PASStyme2retireUR... 31,129
Enterovirus D68, Obama and Illegal Immigrants? 45 min Really 5
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 48 min Really 3,346
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Pet and animal reports 4 hr They cannot kill ... 37
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr JBS 2,435
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••