Prisoner kills himself in Lancaster |...

Prisoner kills himself in Lancaster | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 44 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 15, 2009, titled Prisoner kills himself in Lancaster | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

State authorities are investigating the hanging death of a prisoner in the Fairfield County jail in Lancaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Cynthia

AOL

#28 Dec 29, 2009
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on You. Why didn't You report it to human services. Chester had told me that, Your sister had told him, she was leaving her husband, and would marry him, because she was unhappy with her husband. What about her 16 year old daughter by a previous marriage? She couldn't make her other marriage work either, because she is a loose woman. Everyone at Fairfield Medical knows what she is.
You may also be suffering from mental illness if in all honsety you beleive what you have posted. IF he told you this, couldn't you have known he was crazy?? One look at him, and, as has been written before, everyone knew he wasn't all right, that's why the hosp. admi. was "trying to be nice" to him- I urge you to look into your heart, and be honest with yourself.
There is no way they had anything going on except what was going on in his own mentally ill mind!! They were NOT seeing each other, none of what you or the other mean-spirited people there is true. Please, do us all a favor and find something constructive to do with your time, like recycle or take up bird watching.Ha ha, better yet, if you really care so much about mentally challenged people, or how awful the prison system is,check out the conditions of the jail there in lancaster. Oh, that reminds me, did you EVER go see Chester while he was in jail? Doubtful.
svc

United States

#29 Dec 29, 2009
Cynthia Hanke wrote:
While I do not know what medications Chester was taking, if any, or to what extent he was evaluated, I do know that as the sister of the person he tried to shoot, we have all suffered from this terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to Chester's family. Maybe if hospital authorities had listened to my sister when she repeatedly told them she was afraid, and enforced the hospital's ZERO TOLERANCE for harrassment in the workplace policy in the weeks prior to the incident, he would be alive.
You're a bit of a snot aren't you? How selfish to jump into this thread and demand attention. Worse is that you have demanded it for yourself on behalf of your sister. Shut up. If your sister wants a pity party she should log in and ask for it herself, you should just mind your own business.
One Of Your Other Sons

Smartt, TN

#31 Dec 29, 2009
Father of Inmate wrote:
Thank You, Chester was a sweet person, and he
loved life, he just couldn't handle Zoloft,
and my heart is broken for what they did to my
only son, my only child.
Leonard, You say he was your only son ???? What about Kevin and Jim - your other sons that you walked out on when they were still babies - after drawing a gun on their mother Bonnie ( who did a great job of raising them on her own ) I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree!!! I feel bad for Chester and our Grandma Betty and I only wish we could have been a family but you would have never let that happen. I feel no remorse for you and hope you get what you deserve in life. My best wishes go out to Betty and Chesters friends and to the victim and their family. A special THANK YOU to the officer who saved her life !!! I wish Chester could have only got the help he needed and deserved.
Your Other Son,
Jim Henson
Observer

New Haven, MI

#32 Dec 29, 2009
Cynthia wrote:
<quoted text>
You may also be suffering from mental illness if in all honsety you beleive what you have posted. IF he told you this, couldn't you have known he was crazy?? One look at him, and, as has been written before, everyone knew he wasn't all right, that's why the hosp. admi. was "trying to be nice" to him- I urge you to look into your heart, and be honest with yourself.
There is no way they had anything going on except what was going on in his own mentally ill mind!! They were NOT seeing each other, none of what you or the other mean-spirited people there is true. Please, do us all a favor and find something constructive to do with your time, like recycle or take up bird watching.Ha ha, better yet, if you really care so much about mentally challenged people, or how awful the prison system is,check out the conditions of the jail there in lancaster. Oh, that reminds me, did you EVER go see Chester while he was in jail? Doubtful.
I think You have been breathing way too much hair spray, perhaps you need mental treatment, why don't you do the world a favor and go watch a soap opera, obviously you're not living in the real world. Did you ever go to the jail to visit Chester? Doubtful.
And yes I did go to see him.
Father of Inmate

New Haven, MI

#33 Dec 29, 2009
One Of Your Other Sons wrote:
<quoted text>Leonard, You say he was your only son ???? What about Kevin and Jim - your other sons that you walked out on when they were still babies - after drawing a gun on their mother Bonnie ( who did a great job of raising them on her own ) I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree!!! I feel bad for Chester and our Grandma Betty and I only wish we could have been a family but you would have never let that happen. I feel no remorse for you and hope you get what you deserve in life. My best wishes go out to Betty and Chesters friends and to the victim and their family. A special THANK YOU to the officer who saved her life !!! I wish Chester could have only got the help he needed and deserved.
Your Other Son,
Jim Henson
Jim, slander is not a pretty thing. The false statements you have made here are not only lies, but slander. You will hear from my attorney. Better get your facts straight before posting such lies.
I only had one son, and his name was Chester.
Observer

New Haven, MI

#34 Dec 29, 2009
May you know the truth wrote:
<quoted text> I'm very sorry for your loss, but I can assure you all persons are tested before being given any type of drug, and it's up to the individual to follow up with the Dr. as to whether or not the drug is working for them. that's where the problems arise in mental health, most patients don't give appropriate feedback to their doctors.
Better get all of the facts before acting like an expert.

“Last year pharmaceutical companies made $285.6 billion,” Olsen says.“This industry is not in the business of health and healing. The pharmaceutical industry is in the business of disease management.”

http://www.cchr.org

http://www.goodtimessantacruz.com/santa-cruz-...
svc

United States

#35 Dec 30, 2009
Father of Inmate wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim, slander is not a pretty thing. The false statements you have made here are not only lies, but slander. You will hear from my attorney. Better get your facts straight before posting such lies.
I only had one son, and his name was Chester.
Wow you sound like a classy guy. No wonder Chester was so effed up.
Real Thinker

New Haven, MI

#36 Dec 30, 2009
svc wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you sound like a classy guy. No wonder Chester was so effed up.
Wow!!! How did you get so effed up svc?
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#37 Dec 30, 2009
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Better get all of the facts before acting like an expert.
“Last year pharmaceutical companies made $285.6 billion,” Olsen says.“This industry is not in the business of health and healing. The pharmaceutical industry is in the business of disease management.”
http://www.cchr.org
http://www.goodtimessantacruz.com/santa-cruz-...
The entire psych profession is a scam and yes they ruin people with their stupid drugs for the same reason they think the mind is matter. Basic science out the window so they can play their games and make a profession out of it. The medical profession today isnt far behind.
One Of Your Other Sons

United States

#38 Dec 30, 2009
Father of Inmate wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim, slander is not a pretty thing. The false statements you have made here are not only lies, but slander. You will hear from my attorney. Better get your facts straight before posting such lies.
I only had one son, and his name was Chester.
Leonard Ernest Henson ( Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's you ) is the name on my birth certificate as the father. You never claimed my brother or I as your children and you never paid a dime to support us. My brother and I are both willing to take a DNA test if you need proof. You can deny your past all you want but unless you make things right with God, Satan will be saving a place for you. Chester may have had some issues that were beyond his control but thanks to Grandma Betty, he was good with God and The Good Lord is taking care of him now.
Real Thinker

New Haven, MI

#39 Dec 31, 2009
One Of Your Other Sons wrote:
<quoted text>Leonard Ernest Henson ( Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's you ) is the name on my birth certificate as the father. You never claimed my brother or I as your children and you never paid a dime to support us. My brother and I are both willing to take a DNA test if you need proof. You can deny your past all you want but unless you make things right with God, Satan will be saving a place for you. Chester may have had some issues that were beyond his control but thanks to Grandma Betty, he was good with God and The Good Lord is taking care of him now.
If you have issues why don't you go on Oprah, but not this forum.
Anyone can claim someone is there father. Celebs have to deal with it all of the time. Why don't you get a life and stop blaming other people, for your apparent lack of mentality.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#40 Dec 31, 2009
Real Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have issues why don't you go on Oprah, but not this forum.
Anyone can claim someone is there father. Celebs have to deal with it all of the time. Why don't you get a life and stop blaming other people, for your apparent lack of mentality.
This sounds more like it should be on Jerry Springer or the Maury Povich show...or both than on Oprah. I wanna know who "da baby daddy is."
I got a dad

United States

#41 Dec 31, 2009
Real Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have issues why don't you go on Oprah, but not this forum.
Anyone can claim someone is there father. Celebs have to deal with it all of the time. Why don't you get a life and stop blaming other people, for your apparent lack of mentality.
If Chester had a real dad in his life he wouldn't have been so messed up in the head. His grandma raised him but his worthless deadbeat dad is the reason he went nuts. You need a shrink yourself so call Dr. Phil.
steve

United States

#42 Dec 31, 2009
Father of Inmate wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim, slander is not a pretty thing. The false statements you have made here are not only lies, but slander. You will hear from my attorney. Better get your facts straight before posting such lies.
I only had one son, and his name was Chester.
That's such a redneck thing to say. As if you have an attorney. Look, loser, the public defender who represented you three years ago on that DUI charge isn't your attorney and even if he has moved on to bigger and better things, it's unlikely you can afford his fees. What are you going to do? Pawn your Larry The Cable Guy autographed poster?
Professor

New Haven, MI

#43 Jan 2, 2010
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
That's such a redneck thing to say. As if you have an attorney. Look, loser, the public defender who represented you three years ago on that DUI charge isn't your attorney and even if he has moved on to bigger and better things, it's unlikely you can afford his fees. What are you going to do? Pawn your Larry The Cable Guy autographed poster?
Steve, how did You get out of jail so soon? I see that Your name still appears on the sexual predators list.
Hang Him

Grove City, OH

#44 Jan 3, 2010
This is why all inmates should be provided ropes. I think the state of ohio would save a lot of money this way.
A Friend

Lenoir City, TN

#45 Jan 3, 2010
Chester had no intentions of harming anyone but himself. He had mental issues and just wanted to end his life. He took the gun to the hospital so that the woman that caused him so much pain could watch him kill himself. He was used and mistreated by so many people including the woman he was married to. Most of you people just like to read the headlines and make up your own stories. If you knew the real Chester, you wouldn't be able to say such horrible things about him. He was a good christian and he would still be with us today if the world wasn't so full of judgemental people. God only let him die so he didn't have to suffer any longer in this hell we call life that you people created.
Truther

United States

#46 Mar 26, 2010
One Of Your Other Sons wrote:
<quoted text>Leonard, You say he was your only son ???? What about Kevin and Jim - your other sons that you walked out on when they were still babies - after drawing a gun on their mother Bonnie ( who did a great job of raising them on her own ) I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree!!! I feel bad for Chester and our Grandma Betty and I only wish we could have been a family but you would have never let that happen. I feel no remorse for you and hope you get what you deserve in life. My best wishes go out to Betty and Chesters friends and to the victim and their family. A special THANK YOU to the officer who saved her life !!! I wish Chester could have only got the help he needed and deserved.
Your Other Son,
Jim Henson
Ruth Hefner knew that her husband Merl and her daughter Bonnie were having incestuous relationships, and that Jim and Kevin were Merl's sons. Too bad
Jim and Kevin really never were told the truth.
Anonymous

Mount Vernon, OH

#47 Dec 5, 2011
I am an advocate for the mentally ill and i can tell you from experience iv heard of Many suicides in county jails. These may have been stopped if the inmates got the medical attention they need(which they dont).SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.Just wondering ,did they have a nurse on duty at this jail?
Sadly

Columbus, OH

#48 Dec 5, 2011
Unless you are rich there is no mental health treatment for you. Basic insurance gets you a few days and some pills bit no long term help.
There are hundreds of people in prison that if they had help available would not be there in the first place. Ohio and the US are far behind in getting anyone help for anything even feeding hungry kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 1 min Reed Joy 208
DEMOCRATS say PAY Military but Republicans, Tru... 36 min Republicans Shill... 5
ABC News: Democrats end their delay tactics & d... 42 min Palm Olive 5
STILL WAITING for someone to explain how the wo... 43 min Ichabod Crane 26
John Corby died Jan 20. 2018 1 hr 404 not found 49
FBI Stroke | Strzok | Lisa Page | Ohio State | ... 1 hr Ron Jeremy 4
News Threat of e-school closure adds to adversity fo... 2 hr Republicans Shill... 2
Republicans: Shut Down Gov't, Cover some Tax Re... 5 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 86
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 7 hr Disappointed 347
News WTVN-AM radio host John Corby dies at age 61 Sun Reality Speaks 14

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages