In Stockholm, Obama Loses Touch with ...

In Stockholm, Obama Loses Touch with Reality

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Sep 4, 2013
Most presidents, having presided over the Syrian debacle, would be chastened. But not the Great and Mighty Obama. He’s decided to begin to rewrite history so that he emerges as the hero.

Consider what Mr. Obama, in Stockholm earlier today, said in response to a question about Syria:

"First of all, I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what’s happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn’t something I just kind of made up. I didn’t pluck it out of thin air. There’s a reason for it."

The president added this:

"My credibility is not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line and America and Congress’s credibility is on the line because we give lip service to the notion that these international norms are important."

So literally everyone else in the world is to blame except the president.

Mr. Obama appears to be suffering from a variation of what psychiatrists refer to as dissociation, which is characterized by everything from mild to severe detachment from reality and one’s immediate surroundings.

In this particular case, the president seems to have dissociative amnesia, apparently having forgotten that a year ago last month he did, in fact, draw a red line.(Note the use of the first-person pronouns by the president —“That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”) The president may have forgotten, too, that he promised that crossing this red line would be a “game changer”(it was not). That Assad had to go (Assad is still in power, stronger than before). That he promised to arm Syrian rebels (he hasn’t). That his “coalition of the willing” may include, if we’re lucky, one other country besides America. And that on the matter of the Use of Force Resolution he was against going to Congress before he was for going to Congress.

The cause of Mr. Obama’s dissociation appears to be the psychological trauma induced by his multi-year fiasco in Syria. And in order to cope, we are seeing signs of anger, petulance, and hero syndrome and, as is always the case with this president, blame shifting.

On a slightly more serious note, Mr. Obama’s presidency is being wrecked by reality. He’s being exposed at every turn, and in every crisis, as inept. He can’t handle that truth so he’s trying to distort it.

There’s something poignant and painful in watching Obama’s presidency collapse and seeing what it’s doing to the man who promised to repair the world and slow the rise of the oceans.
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/09/04/...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Sep 4, 2013
You can see in a nutshell why this guy is such a bad president: This guy can't accept responsibility for anything.

He will do for the Democrats everything Jimmy Carter did and more. The only thing missing is the 18% interest rates.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2013
President Obama is correct. The treaty and Congressional ratification are meaningless without a man of action to enforce them.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#4 Sep 4, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
President Obama is correct. The treaty and Congressional ratification are meaningless without a man of action to enforce them.
Try reading the article. It's everyone's fault but his. As usual.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Sep 4, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
I agree with you there.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Sep 4, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Try reading the article. It's everyone's fault but his. As usual.
Johnson said: "President Obama is correct. The treaty and Congressional ratification are meaningless WITHOUT A MAN OF ACTION TO ENFORCE THEM."

I can take no issue with that statement as Barry's most significant actions are the failed health care plan, voting present in the state legislature and his leisure activities over at Man's Country.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 4, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
It's everyone's fault but his.
'It'? What are you even talking about?
son of hey now

Columbus, OH

#8 Sep 4, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
The only thing missing is the 18% interest rates.
Well, to take the place we now a firm awakening of the stupidity and lazyness of blackdom's supposedly best it can offer, obama. We also have the undeniable evidence of blackdom's angry, resentful, and racist selves.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Sep 4, 2013
son of hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Well, to take the place we now a firm awakening of the stupidity and lazyness of blackdom's supposedly best it can offer, obama. We also have the undeniable evidence of blackdom's angry, resentful, and racist selves.
We already do have Carter's interest rates buried in the cost of food and especially in the increases in the cost of health care thanks to Barry's ObamaCare debacle. 120% increases in premiums are tantamount to 18% interest rate debacle, but people are too stupid to know this because they don't pay the bill.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#10 Sep 4, 2013
Hear, Hear, to son of hey now's nuts! That's the peanut over your post.
Your post is right on!

Since: Dec 11

Dayton, OH

#13 Sep 5, 2013
Lose lose for the loser. If...if he gets the congress to swallow the aggression it will do nothing but show how weak and Obamaesque we have become. In a month we will see Assad and crowds dancing around the rubble with fists in the air and Russia making them whole again. Putin sneering,the strong player in the middle east. Our Al Queda allies will still be hiding behind civilians.

Since: Dec 11

Dayton, OH

#14 Sep 5, 2013
As far as Obama loosing touch. I think that happened in Indonesia. Our very own Manchurian Candidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeble Nancy Pelosi snaps her withered fingers 51 min d pants 8
Titus K Powers 52 min Jpj 1
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 1 hr Youngin 323
Why Obama Really Spied on Trump 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 13
UTrashy & Spook 1 hr UTrashy 45
Where to buy Herbal Incense? (Aug '12) 1 hr My thoughts 177
America has turned into a diaper load full of e... 2 hr Miss Cleo 3
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 3 hr d pants 539

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages