Bob Kerrey Calls Obama a Delusional Liar; Media Mum

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 1, 2014
 
magine if a former Republican presidential candidate and U.S. senator had called a current Republican president a delusional liar whose programs are wasteful. Would the mainstream media not be all over the story? Such a person would be interviewed at length by Wolf Blitzer on CNN as well as made the rounds of the morning talk shows and the Sunday news programs as well. The media buzz would be red hot on this topic for days extending into weeks.

Well, there is such a person but because he is a Democrat saying these things about President Obama, we can expect him to become an MSM nonperson. Such seems to already be the fate of former presidential candidate and U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey. It is no surprise that his extended criticisms of Obama appeared in in a Daily Mail article in Britain, not in America where the shunning seems to have already begun. Here is what Kerrey has to say about Obama which you most likely won't see in any major liberal news outlet in America:

The Nebraskan straight-talker told MailOnline in an exclusive interview that Obama isn't up to the job of bringing liberals and conservatives to the table to rescue America's slowly choking entitlement programs.

And Obama, he said Wednesday in his Manhattan office, knew full well he was lying when he promised that the Affordable Care Act would allow Americans to keep insurance plans they liked.

'He had to know he was misleading the audience,' Kerrey said quietly, recalling the newly minted president's countless promises as Congress and the public debated his signature health insurance overhaul.

'On the other hand, he may have said it so many times,' he added,'that the spell-checker wasn't in the room the spell-checker, the fact-checker somebody who says, "Excuse me, Mr. President, but I hope you know this..."'

Obama's infamous four-Pinocchio pledges, Kerrey explained, never stood a chance of being fulfilled because there were 'a million people out there with policies that, for one reason or another, run short of the minimum standard. I mean, they bought something cheaper!'

Wow! Pretty strong stuff. But wait...there's more!

The worst lie Democrats told about Obamacare, Kerrey reasoned,'is not "If you want to keep your health care plan..." the worst one is, "Everybody deserves high-quality, affordable health care."'

'Excuse me? Uh, I don't know if you've heard about the bell curve?' he snarked.

'If I've got 1,000 doctors, 100 are great, and 100 are not so good.'

He outlined the shape of a bell curve with his hands, and then threw them skyward.

'It's absolutely impossible,' he said.

'And affordable? Forget about it.'

When the Affordable Care Act met its most vigorous Republican opposition in late 2009, the U.S. economy was still floundering and the business community's eyes were focused on GDP growth, not a new set of health-benefit mandates.

'I wouldn't have done health care,' Kerrey said.'I think the big mistake was ... to say, "Whew! We've got the stimulus done, okay, the economy's going to come bouncing back in 12 months let's do health care,"' he explained.

'Only the economy didn't come bouncing back.'

'We're teetering on the edge of going out of business through most of 2009,' Kerrey recalled.'And I think you need to just keep driving, driving, driving on the economy, and make it as bipartisan as possible.'

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 1, 2014
 
So Kerrey compounded his "heresy" by claiming Democrats lied as well. And he still is not finished...

Asked how to break the congressional logjam, Kerrey thought for a moment and said, softly,'It takes a president. It takes a president.'

Is Barack Obama that president? Kerrey stayed silent but shook his head.

'I'm shaking my head "no,"' he acknowledged, finally.

'If he was up to it, he would have done it. He can't run for re-election.'

Another of Obama's failings, according to Kerrey, is an inflated sense of Americans' appetite for programs to correct what the White House calls 'income inequality,' through new taxes and other income-shifting initiatives that transfer wealth from the rich to the poor.

The president's re-election 17 months ago wasn't a mandate to conduct class warfare, he said.

'After the 2012 election, what the president needed was somebody to say, "Mr. President, I'm thrilled you won. You stand for all the things I support. But honestly, you won this election because you sucked less than Romney."'

Americans, Kerrey believes, lost patience equally with the GOP and the White House during the kabuki theater of fiscal cliff, congressional 'super committee,' budget sequester and tense partial government shutdown.

Obama stuck to his guns at the time, holding out for a 'balanced' budget-gap fix that included new taxes on upper-income Americans.

'Everybody since 1913 has had a mandate to raise taxes on the rich,' Kerrey scoffed at his party's leader.'This isn't something that you've earned, something that's unique.'

Obama isn't the first president to make that kind of miscalculation Kerrey calls it 'self-delusion' while in office.

He joked that geneticists will one day soon 'find a base pair' of genes that predisposes people to deception.

And he predicted, half-seriously, that 'they'll find another base pair which say that politicians have 25 per cent more capacity for you call it lying, I call it self-delusion.'

Citizen Kerrey! This is to inform you that you have become an MSM nonperson. Your name has been tossed down the memory hole. Wolf Blitzer has already forgotten that you even existed. Oh, and forget about being invited to exclusive Manhattan and Georgetown parties in the future. The shunning has already begun!

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 1, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gravedigger Jones wrote:
magine if a former Republican presidential candidate and U.S. senator had called a current Republican president a delusional liar whose programs are wasteful. Would the mainstream media not be all over the story? Such a person would be interviewed at length by Wolf Blitzer on CNN as well as made the rounds of the morning talk shows and the Sunday news programs as well. The media buzz would be red hot on this topic for days extending into weeks.
Well, there is such a person but because he is a Democrat saying these things about President Obama, we can expect him to become an MSM nonperson. Such seems to already be the fate of former presidential candidate and U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey. It is no surprise that his extended criticisms of Obama appeared in in a Daily Mail article in Britain, not in America where the shunning seems to have already begun. Here is what Kerrey has to say about Obama which you most likely won't see in any major liberal news outlet in America:
The Nebraskan straight-talker told MailOnline in an exclusive interview that Obama isn't up to the job of bringing liberals and conservatives to the table to rescue America's slowly choking entitlement programs.
And Obama, he said Wednesday in his Manhattan office, knew full well he was lying when he promised that the Affordable Care Act would allow Americans to keep insurance plans they liked.
'He had to know he was misleading the audience,' Kerrey said quietly, recalling the newly minted president's countless promises as Congress and the public debated his signature health insurance overhaul.
'On the other hand, he may have said it so many times,' he added,'that the spell-checker wasn't in the room the spell-checker, the fact-checker somebody who says, "Excuse me, Mr. President, but I hope you know this..."'
Obama's infamous four-Pinocchio pledges, Kerrey explained, never stood a chance of being fulfilled because there were 'a million people out there with policies that, for one reason or another, run short of the minimum standard. I mean, they bought something cheaper!'
Wow! Pretty strong stuff. But wait...there's more!
The worst lie Democrats told about Obamacare, Kerrey reasoned,'is not "If you want to keep your health care plan..." the worst one is, "Everybody deserves high-quality, affordable health care."'
'Excuse me? Uh, I don't know if you've heard about the bell curve?' he snarked.
'If I've got 1,000 doctors, 100 are great, and 100 are not so good.'
He outlined the shape of a bell curve with his hands, and then threw them skyward.
'It's absolutely impossible,' he said.
'And affordable? Forget about it.'
When the Affordable Care Act met its most vigorous Republican opposition in late 2009, the U.S. economy was still floundering and the business community's eyes were focused on GDP growth, not a new set of health-benefit mandates.
'I wouldn't have done health care,' Kerrey said.'I think the big mistake was ... to say, "Whew! We've got the stimulus done, okay, the economy's going to come bouncing back in 12 months let's do health care,"' he explained.
'Only the economy didn't come bouncing back.'
'We're teetering on the edge of going out of business through most of 2009,' Kerrey recalled.'And I think you need to just keep driving, driving, driving on the economy, and make it as bipartisan as possible.'
The world calls Nate a big crybaby.

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 1, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
The world calls Nate a big crybaby.
he only crying I see here is yours, wee man. You do it every time your messiah is exposed as the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on this nation.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 1, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>he only crying I see here is yours, wee man. You do it every time your messiah is exposed as the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on this nation.
I have no messiah, dickless. Your multiple screen names seem to have addled you more than usual.
Duke for Mayor

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 1, 2014
 

Judged:

2

Obama is a liar and an idiot........

woof
.

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 1, 2014
 
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no messiah, dickless. Your multiple screen names seem to have addled you more than usual.
Of course he's your messiah...you frantically defend him on every thread.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 2, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he's your messiah...you frantically defend him on every thread.
Johnson is a pathetic figure of hate. He's nihilism personified, a true enemy of the values of our civilization, for no higher point.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 2, 2014
 

Judged:

1

The regime is headed for a major defeat this November, absent some military success

GOP 9-11+ Senate, 10-20+ in the House

Win: Arkansas, Illinois Governor

Lose: PA Governor

GOP gets 45% in California Gov

---

Nice to see even "Bicoastal" Bob Kerrey admitting the truth
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 2, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he's your messiah...you frantically defend him on every thread.
How is the weather there in your personal alternate reality?

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 2, 2014
 
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the weather there in your personal alternate reality?
How's the herpes outbreak in your actual reality?

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 2, 2014
 
Gravdigger, huh Bigsby?

Jesus. You're like a fkn cockroach.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 2, 2014
 
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no messiah, dickless. Your multiple screen names seem to have addled you more than usual.
how many names do you post under?
is it under 20?
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 2, 2014
 
I have a question for which I probably won't get an answer!!
What does the personal attacks on the poster of posts 1 and 2 have to do with posts 1 and 2?
Posts 3-13 with the exception of post 9 are bantering back forth between messenger and opponents, mostly about messenger but nothing abut the message.
Is what Bob Kerrey says true or not?
The only post not a personal attack on anybody or anything is post 9 which I hope for the sake of the US comes true.
Thanks for bearing with me.
Later!!!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 2, 2014
 
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
magine if a former Republican presidential candidate and U.S. senator had called a current Republican president a delusional liar whose programs are wasteful. Would the mainstream media not be all over the story? Such a person would be interviewed at length by Wolf Blitzer on CNN as well as made the rounds of the morning talk shows and the Sunday news programs as well. The media buzz would be red hot on this topic for days extending into weeks.
Well, there is such a person but because he is a Democrat saying these things about President Obama, we can expect him to become an MSM nonperson. Such seems to already be the fate of former presidential candidate and U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey. It is no surprise that his extended criticisms of Obama appeared in in a Daily Mail article in Britain, not in America where the shunning seems to have already begun. Here is what Kerrey has to say about Obama which you most likely won't see in any major liberal news outlet in America:
The Nebraskan straight-talker told MailOnline in an exclusive interview that Obama isn't up to the job of bringing liberals and conservatives to the table to rescue America's slowly choking entitlement programs.
And Obama, he said Wednesday in his Manhattan office, knew full well he was lying when he promised that the Affordable Care Act would allow Americans to keep insurance plans they liked.
'He had to know he was misleading the audience,' Kerrey said quietly, recalling the newly minted president's countless promises as Congress and the public debated his signature health insurance overhaul.
'On the other hand, he may have said it so many times,' he added,'that the spell-checker wasn't in the room the spell-checker, the fact-checker somebody who says, "Excuse me, Mr. President, but I hope you know this..."'
Obama's infamous four-Pinocchio pledges, Kerrey explained, never stood a chance of being fulfilled because there were 'a million people out there with policies that, for one reason or another, run short of the minimum standard. I mean, they bought something cheaper!'
Wow! Pretty strong stuff. But wait...there's more!
The worst lie Democrats told about Obamacare, Kerrey reasoned,'is not "If you want to keep your health care plan..." the worst one is, "Everybody deserves high-quality, affordable health care."'
'Excuse me? Uh, I don't know if you've heard about the bell curve?' he snarked.
'If I've got 1,000 doctors, 100 are great, and 100 are not so good.'
He outlined the shape of a bell curve with his hands, and then threw them skyward.
'It's absolutely impossible,' he said.
'And affordable? Forget about it.'
When the Affordable Care Act met its most vigorous Republican opposition in late 2009, the U.S. economy was still floundering and the business community's eyes were focused on GDP growth, not a new set of health-benefit mandates.
'I wouldn't have done health care,' Kerrey said.'I think the big mistake was ... to say, "Whew! We've got the stimulus done, okay, the economy's going to come bouncing back in 12 months let's do health care,"' he explained.
'Only the economy didn't come bouncing back.'
'We're teetering on the edge of going out of business through most of 2009,' Kerrey recalled.'And I think you need to just keep driving, driving, driving on the economy, and make it as bipartisan as possible.'
What else is new?

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 2, 2014
 
Black Rhino wrote:
Gravdigger, huh Bigsby?
Jesus. You're like a fkn cockroach.
The name is from one of the greatest black movies of the '70s. As an alleged booner in NYC, you should know it.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 2, 2014
 
Black Rhino wrote:
Gravdigger, huh Bigsby?
Jesus. You're like a fkn cockroach.
You, more like a dung beetle

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 2, 2014
 
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>The name is from one of the greatest black movies of the '70s. As an alleged booner in NYC, you should know it.
Rage in Harlem. Yeah, I know it, but why do you always pick black movie names or characters? Don't you like Rockwell, McVey, or William Luther Pierce?

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 2, 2014
 
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
You, more like a dung beetle
Yeah, me mo like dung beetle...

Fkn idiot.

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 2, 2014
 
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Rage in Harlem. Yeah, I know it, but why do you always pick black movie names or characters? Don't you like Rockwell, McVey, or William Luther Pierce?
I said the '70s, moron. Cotton Comes to Harlem.
I choose black characters because you crying lefties and booners respond with reactions that show your true "colors."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Old Guy 28,990
Does Obama have the right to ban cameras, media... 18 min Putin tough Obama soft 10
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 39 min Reality Speaks 23
500 march for Trayvon Martin in Columbus (Mar '12) 46 min Reality Speaks 404
Puppet-OTUS 1 hr Reality Speaks 38
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Reality Speaks 2,891
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 1 hr Smith 30
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••