In Defense of Stereotypes

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#1363 Sep 23, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Ha! Your "help" will send those feral beast to an early demise, and a painful one at that, by feeding them the 20oz. packs of pet food from China, loaded with saw dust and mercury from China's industrial plants! The Chinese are very efficient and let nothing go to waste! They even use the solid waste from their sewers as fertilizer and feed for their fish farms, which are then packaged and sold to Wal- Mart. Don't believe it, Google "China's use of solid waste."
Feral cats, on average, only live to be about 5 years old. I've cared for feral cat colonies before and feeding them food from dollar stores is just fine and is usually more than they get fending for themselves.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1364 Sep 23, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I was born and raised catholic. Been to all catholic schools too. So I know what you are talking about.
Me too, all 12 years. I still laugh like heck at this:

Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1365 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection. Either way, you go and be happy in all your hatred and judgment. I'm pretty sure out of the two of us, I'm the happier person. Cheers!
I hate skanky women and I hate athiests. Like I said in another post, in my family someone like you could never make it through the front door. I would guess that I'm not alone in thinking this way because people like me don't like athiests as grandkids.

So you live your little secular lifestyle. Join L. Ron Hubbard or purchase a crystal and sleep under it for all the crystal waves emanating from it. I'm sure you'll have a fulfilling life trying to mold yourself in the crystal's image.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1366 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feral cats, on average, only live to be about 5 years old.
Such a shame that feral atheist skanks don't have such an abbreviated lifespan.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1367 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was 13 I decided I wanted to become a Catholic. I had to attend classes, talk to the priest and learn some prayers before the whole baptize thing. It wasn't that hard.
As Bob says, I'm permitted and encouraged to judge. I judge him on his words and actions and the judgment I've made is that he is a CINO. Anyone who excuses the sexual abuse of a child cannot be pure of heart or intentions.
1. I think your phrasing "it wasn't that hard" is a clue considering you are no longer within the faith. Your choice.

2. Yes, you may judge. However, you need to keep in mind you cannot read one's mind, heart, or intentions. I get on Bobby's and BJ's cases constantly about the pedo comments. A lot of mental illness out there (sorry Bobby, no implication). And I do consider pedophilia a mental illness. While we may judge actions, words, and deeds, it is impossible for us to judge one's mind or soul. That is where you were going--attempting to read his mind. Words are an indicator, but they do not completely reveal one's entire intent or in the case of a public discussion board, his life or actions. You can't judge his actions here, you do not know them. You only have his words.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1368 Sep 23, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you picked up the academic bent.
Not all Catholics have an academic bent or are intellectually inclined. In fact, throughout most of its history most of the Catholic faithful have been peasants just barely surviving. My point being that a lot of this stuff withstands academic scrutiny even for the kind of person who is intellectually inclined and understand the history and thought behind Catholic teachings.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1369 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was 13 I decided I wanted to become a Catholic. I had to attend classes, talk to the priest and learn some prayers before the whole baptize thing. It wasn't that hard.
LMAO. It doesn't work that way. You aren't picking out a cheesecake flavor from the menu at Cheesecake Factory. You are born with it, you live it, it's a part of your culture. People in my family don't shop for religions.
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
As Bob says, I'm permitted and encouraged to judge. I judge him on his words and actions and the judgment I've made is that he is a CINO. Anyone who excuses the sexual abuse of a child cannot be pure of heart or intentions.
If you followed the discussion, I didn't excuse what happened to this child. I was disgusted with the rush to judgement and the desire to railroad somebody, anybody, whenever one of these kiddie raper stories come around. In this case, you had idiots wanting Paterno to put on a little pistol and run around campus making sure Sandusky got prosecuted, which is ridiculous to expect from a football coach on its face. That's the main reason I make fun of this case and of the people involved.

As to schools and sex between teachers. I was in high school once. The students want it. The teachers want it. In fact, the students these days are encouraging it. So long as its consensual, who cares? Let the hedonists go at it.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1370 Sep 23, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Catholics have an academic bent or are intellectually inclined. In fact, throughout most of its history most of the Catholic faithful have been peasants just barely surviving. My point being that a lot of this stuff withstands academic scrutiny even for the kind of person who is intellectually inclined and understand the history and thought behind Catholic teachings.
Coming at it from a different direction. I was referring to conversion to Catholicism -- there is a teaching process.

But yes, do agree with the peasants.

A lot of folks who do scrutinize it intellectually go down the wrong path and look at the wrongs done--the Inquisition, the Crusades, the scandals. Sorry, but the simple truth of history in my eyes has always been a battle of religion, government, sex, migration, and power/money. It isn't isolated to Catholicism and European history. Look at Islam today, same struggle.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1371 Sep 23, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming at it from a different direction. I was referring to conversion to Catholicism -- there is a teaching process.
But yes, do agree with the peasants.
My point was that it works both as something a non academically inclined person and just does because he is told to do things a certain way. It also works for someone more intellectual who wants to learn and understand the thinking behind what the religion does, and the historical perspective. It makes even more sense when you understand things from that angle.
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of folks who do scrutinize it intellectually go down the wrong path and look at the wrongs done--the Inquisition, the Crusades, the scandals. Sorry, but the simple truth of history in my eyes has always been a battle of religion, government, sex, migration, and power/money. It isn't isolated to Catholicism and European history. Look at Islam today, same struggle.
When I make fun of Jesus and Mary, it's my way of saying that I don't care if he was son of Christ, figurehead, or if it was a metaphorical term. Don't care about the Holy Trinity or any of the other stuff like that. It's a great story when you're young, but too complicated for me as an adult. When something is more complicated than it needs to be, I question it.

BUT, it is still the glue that created this society and its fabulous technology today. It is still relevant, and the church is finally figuring out how to address people who bought into all the idiocy from the haters in the 1960's.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1372 Sep 23, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If you followed the discussion, I didn't excuse what happened to this child. I was disgusted with the rush to judgement and the desire to railroad somebody, anybody, whenever one of these kiddie raper stories come around. In this case, you had idiots wanting Paterno to put on a little pistol and run around campus making sure Sandusky got prosecuted, which is ridiculous to expect from a football coach on its face. That's the main reason I make fun of this case and of the people involved.
Ok, Bobby. I sat here deciding whether to respond to this or not.

Rush to judgement? Sandusky was busted in the act! And it wasn't one kid. Paterno did have knowledge of this going back years prior. His problem? He thought too much like you.

And my heartburn was you THEN turned the blame on McQueary for reporting was was indeed a crime: rape of a child.

You and wiener boy both question whether it could have been consensual. Legally, that question is OFF the table. Sex with a minor is illegal. Period. No questions asked about that. Many of the kids were only between the ages of 10 and 12 when it occurred.

http://thedailyreview.com/news/list-of-victim...

/rant over

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#1373 Sep 23, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a shame that feral atheist skanks don't have such an abbreviated lifespan.
Bob, you got me thinking. I do believe I will find out for myself if your words and behavior are indeed Christian in nature. There is a Catholic Church down the street. I believe I shall copy all your posts, and mine as well - to be fair, of course - and ask the priest himself what he thinks. Oh, and Georgie's posts too. Wouldn't want him feeling left out. And since you revere the church and religion so much and a priest is indeed a man of god, I would imagine you would value any opinion he has, correct?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#1374 Sep 23, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I think your phrasing "it wasn't that hard" is a clue considering you are no longer within the faith. Your choice.
2. Yes, you may judge. However, you need to keep in mind you cannot read one's mind, heart, or intentions. I get on Bobby's and BJ's cases constantly about the pedo comments. A lot of mental illness out there (sorry Bobby, no implication). And I do consider pedophilia a mental illness. While we may judge actions, words, and deeds, it is impossible for us to judge one's mind or soul. That is where you were going--attempting to read his mind. Words are an indicator, but they do not completely reveal one's entire intent or in the case of a public discussion board, his life or actions. You can't judge his actions here, you do not know them. You only have his words.
I don't know what it would be a clue to. I just didn't find it that difficult to become a Catholic. Right before I was to be baptized I decided not to join the religion, so I never was baptized.

So while I agree with you on the latter half of your post, do you apply the same thinking to Bob's apparent judgments of me? He doesn't know anything about me, certainly nothing about my sexual history yet claims I'm a "diseased skank." I'm not necessarily concerned with his thoughts towards me, I'm just wondering if his judgments are okay in your book?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#1375 Sep 23, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how people like you throw out the part about "not judging" as some kind of a "get out of jail free" card. It is nothing of the sort. What that "not judging" means is that you are not the ultimate judge of a person's acts, as in what happens to them in the afterlife, as God can only do that.
Christians are not only allowed to make judgments and discernments in everyday life, they are encouraged to do so.
That is a pretty meaningless part of the Bible. I wonder why Jesus went to such lengths to say what is intuitively obvious.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1376 Sep 23, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Bobby. I sat here deciding whether to respond to this or not.
Rush to judgement? Sandusky was busted in the act! And it wasn't one kid. Paterno did have knowledge of this going back years prior. His problem? He thought too much like you.
And my heartburn was you THEN turned the blame on McQueary for reporting was was indeed a crime: rape of a child.
You and wiener boy both question whether it could have been consensual. Legally, that question is OFF the table. Sex with a minor is illegal. Period. No questions asked about that. Many of the kids were only between the ages of 10 and 12 when it occurred.
http://thedailyreview.com/news/list-of-victim...
/rant over
Okay, lets pretend that one of my teachers in high school was able to get me in a compromising position (I honestly think it could have happened, by the way) and did something about it. She would obviously be acting on the physical attraction, personal chemistry, and probably a little bit of mental instability on her part. Nevertheless, I wouldn't have been fighting her off too hard. I wouldn't doubt that some of these cases involved the same dynamics. That's all I'm saying.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1378 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, you got me thinking. I do believe I will find out for myself if your words and behavior are indeed Christian in nature. There is a Catholic Church down the street. I believe I shall copy all your posts, and mine as well - to be fair, of course - and ask the priest himself what he thinks. Oh, and Georgie's posts too. Wouldn't want him feeling left out. And since you revere the church and religion so much and a priest is indeed a man of god, I would imagine you would value any opinion he has, correct?
Better yet, take it over to Father Romano over at Our Lady of Victory Church in Marble Cliff. He is Italian, meaning FROM ITALY, and he will best be able to relate to what I'm talking about the most. Don't take it to one of the members of the falsetto voiced boys club interspersed at parishes around town. Most of those boys are Westerners who dont have a clue.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#1379 Sep 23, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your previous history causes us to doubt the above.
We're not as dumb as you think.
You are way more dumb than we think.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1380 Sep 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Be quiet, skank. The men are talking.
BizzyBee is no skank.

You? I wouldn't put you in that category either, though you have quite a fan club around here of those who would.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1381 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
So while I agree with you on the latter half of your post, do you apply the same thinking to Bob's apparent judgments of me? He doesn't know anything about me, certainly nothing about my sexual history yet claims I'm a "diseased skank." I'm not necessarily concerned with his thoughts towards me, I'm just wondering if his judgments are okay in your book?
Past conversations, your atheism, the way you present yourself and your secularist "Julia on the government dole for her entire life" mentality have helped form my opinion.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#1382 Sep 23, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what it would be a clue to. I just didn't find it that difficult to become a Catholic. Right before I was to be baptized I decided not to join the religion, so I never was baptized.
Did your parents sign off on it? No way you took part in the Children's Catechumenate program unless they did.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1383 Sep 23, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, all 12 years. I still laugh like heck at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ujxDA9VsQG4XX
Oh my god!! I love that movie. I had nuns all the way through grade school. But sister Mary Roberts, in grade 7 was hot as, "well you know what".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Champagne Popsicles 1 hr Brice N Livingston 3
Manuel Noriega is dead. 1 hr Brice N Livingston 1
America Held Hostage Day 130 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Sandkneegers get on the boat 5 hr Tim 12
Groundwork for Trump Impeachment by May 31 6 hr The Framers 4
America Held Hostage Day 130 6 hr John Kerry 1
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 627
Russian investigation update🙀 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 34

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages