In Defense of Stereotypes
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1069 Sep 21, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, just maybe, I may whip up a little ditty of my own......
Hmmmmmm
What rhymes with d u k e?????
Lol
Have at it.

Keep in mind, its usually better to avoid the obviously easy rhymes, unless there's simply nothing else available. A good thesaurus and dictionary come in handy too.

Good for the brain. Maybe someone will start a limerick thread later.
Give it a twirl.

woof

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1070 Sep 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Have at it.
Keep in mind, its usually better to avoid the obviously easy rhymes, unless there's simply nothing else available. A good thesaurus and dictionary come in handy too.
Good for the brain. Maybe someone will start a limerick thread later.
Give it a twirl.
woof
Yes, but it's also easy to pick on a puke.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1071 Sep 21, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
and claiming that without god, there can be no morality. That is untrue.
To us, morality is always absolute, thus "moral relativism" is an oxymoron.

Morality is just like gravity, we can't make it, and it doesn't make itself.

So to tell us that you can decide for yourself what is right or wrong, sounds as ludicrous as saying that you can say that a scale showing 150 lbs, actually says 180 lbs.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1072 Sep 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, morality is always absolute, thus "moral relativism" is an oxymoron.
Morality is just like gravity, we can't make it, and it doesn't make itself.
So to tell us that you can decide for yourself what is right or wrong, sounds as ludicrous as saying that you can say that a scale showing 150 lbs, actually says 180 lbs.
If morality is absolute, what does "God" have to do with it?

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1073 Sep 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
If morality is absolute, what does "God" have to do with it?
woof
Who set the standard?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1074 Sep 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set the standard?
You don't think people can figure out how to be civil and moral on their own, huh?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1075 Sep 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set the standard?
I'll try this again.

Morality is absolute, according to you. That means it simply IS.

If that is the case, why would a "who" be necessary to set standards of morality?

There. That's better.

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1076 Sep 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think people can figure out how to be civil and moral on their own, huh?
woof
People cannot set their own standards.

They can decide to bend to the standard or away from it.

But they can no more set their own moral standards than set their own gravity.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1077 Sep 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try this again.
Morality is absolute, according to you. That means it simply IS.
If that is the case, why would a "who" be necessary to set standards of morality?
There. That's better.
woof
YHWH

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#1078 Sep 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, morality is always absolute, thus "moral relativism" is an oxymoron.
Morality is just like gravity, we can't make it, and it doesn't make itself.
So to tell us that you can decide for yourself what is right or wrong, sounds as ludicrous as saying that you can say that a scale showing 150 lbs, actually says 180 lbs.
Eat enough Big Macs...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#1079 Sep 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, morality is always absolute, thus "moral relativism" is an oxymoron.
Morality is just like gravity, we can't make it, and it doesn't make itself.
So to tell us that you can decide for yourself what is right or wrong, sounds as ludicrous as saying that you can say that a scale showing 150 lbs, actually says 180 lbs.
It may sound ludicrous to you, but it doesn't to anyone else who is an atheist and yet adheres to a moral code. Just because it isn't in the realm of your understanding doesn't mean it cannot or does not exist.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1080 Sep 22, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It may sound ludicrous to you, but it doesn't to anyone else who is an atheist and yet adheres to a moral code. Just because it isn't in the realm of your understanding doesn't mean it cannot or does not exist.
Heliocentrism. Biological evolution.

Nuff said.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1081 Sep 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWH
That doesn't answer the question, Karl.

woof

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1082 Sep 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have seen, your are doing an exemplary job. Keep it up.
That limerick about Dave the Hermit is hundreds of years old. The one with George, Annie, and Bizzy, merely a few hours.
woof
Thank you. It's actually easier to be nice than it is to be mean to people.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1083 Sep 22, 2013
For Tippy and Karl:

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"

Kurt Vonnegut

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1084 Sep 22, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>But you cannot say that George is free of these criticisms and sometimes goes too far. Some of his own friends have even admitted that.
I can't say any human being is free of criticisms. We're all imperfect. But Che and others play their sock puppet games. I know what I know about George, not public knowledge, so I make my judgements based on information that you or others do not know.

We are free to make friendships and other relationships as we see fit. If anyone doesn't like who I am friends with or not friends with, tough sh!+. I really don't need to justify it.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#1085 Sep 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say any human being is free of criticisms. We're all imperfect. But Che and others play their sock puppet games. I know what I know about George, not public knowledge, so I make my judgements based on information that you or others do not know.
We are free to make friendships and other relationships as we see fit. If anyone doesn't like who I am friends with or not friends with, tough sh!+. I really don't need to justify it.
You do not even know what a sock puppet is, you stupid shit. Ask Walt; he seems to be a lot smarter then you are.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1086 Sep 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
For Tippy and Karl:
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"
Kurt Vonnegut
woof
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous atheist, agrees that atheism renders irrational any notion of absolute morality.

Obviously:

http://theothermccain.com/2013/09/10/the-non-...

Stand proud, Duke.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#1087 Sep 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous atheist, agrees that atheism renders irrational any notion of absolute morality.
Obviously:
http://theothermccain.com/2013/09/10/the-non-...
Stand proud, Duke.
So, A right wing blog that regurgitates Mr. Dawkins' stated opinion that he felt he suffered "no lasting harm" from a an incident of molestation that occurred to him decades ago is proof that he agrees that "atheism renders irrational any notion of absolute morality"?

And beyond that, its proof that Mr. Dawkins speaks for anyone but himself?

You are batty.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#1088 Sep 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous atheist, agrees that atheism renders irrational any notion of absolute morality.
Obviously:
http://theothermccain.com/2013/09/10/the-non-...
Stand proud, Duke.
It's funny that you are so concerned about a source of absolute morality when you have such difficulty simply mastering day-to-day morality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 3 min Male 189
STILL WAITING for someone to explain how the wo... 7 min They cannot kill ... 25
Nation blames GOP for shutdown 12 min Reality Speaks 10
Republicans: Shut Down Gov't, Cover some Tax Re... 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 84
Donald J. Trump 17 min BizzyBee 8
ABC News: Democrats end their delay tactics & d... 20 min BizzyBee 4
President TRUMP IS WINNING !, WINNING !!, WINNI... 22 min BizzyBee 1
John Corby died Jan 20. 2018 2 hr Been there done t... 41
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 8 hr Former Kool-aid d... 346
News WTVN-AM radio host John Corby dies at age 61 16 hr Reality Speaks 14

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages