|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
never eh.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River
The river is a relatively recent geological formation, formed by the advance and retreat of ice sheets during the last ice age. The final glacial retreat, which occurred 10,00012,000 years ago, caused changes in the drainage pattern near Akron. This change in pattern caused the originally southward-flowing Cuyahoga to flow to the north. As its newly reversed currents flowed toward Lake Erie, the river carved its way around glacial debris left by the receding ice sheet, resulting in the river's winding U-shape.
I suppose I should have prefaced that with "in the last 10,000 years" for all of the creationists" out there.

Thanks for the correction.

woof

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I should have prefaced that with "in the last 10,000 years" for all of the creationists" out there.
Thanks for the correction.
woof
sorry dukie, I am not religious.......so blow your deflection up che's ayse........

Your never never ever ever comment was wrong.......

deal with it.....

WOLF
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry dukie, I am not religious.......so blow your deflection up che's ayse........
Your never never ever ever comment was wrong.......
deal with it.....
WOLF
Well it is a little bit sad that you must look back 10 to 12,000 years to find fault with my otherwise very accurate statement, considering that you seem to have no trouble with Bubba's insanity about the wind pushing water 20 miles upstream.

Were you around back then, and your brain still is thawing?

Think about that, worrier.

woof

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is a little bit sad that you must look back 10 to 12,000 years to find fault with my otherwise very accurate statement, considering that you seem to have no trouble with Bubba's insanity about the wind pushing water 20 miles upstream.
Were you around back then, and your brain still is thawing?
Think about that, worrier.
woof
Poor dukie

Once your creationist comment was blown out of the proverbial Cuyahoga water you need to call your post a "otherwise accurate" statement.......so sad dukie.......

never, never, ever ever. never.....LOL

Maybe you need to expand your so called "education".......

WOLF

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better give it up then. I told him straight out "I'm every Catholic's worst nightmare - I'm an atheist, pro-choice, and a liberal who believes in birth control." He smiled. He was a wonderfully nice and open man. You could learn a lot from him. Older guy, wears glasses, short hair.
Professional demeanor. You really think it's that easy to bait a priest into your arguments? I'm sure he smiled all the while thinking "I'll pray for your soul." No priest I've ever met attempted conversion by a simple admission of someone that they were atheist. You really aren't very aware of the faith, as much as you'd like to claim you are.

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Professional demeanor. You really think it's that easy to bait a priest into your arguments? I'm sure he smiled all the while thinking "I'll pray for your soul." No priest I've ever met attempted conversion by a simple admission of someone that they were atheist. You really aren't very aware of the faith, as much as you'd like to claim you are.
The priest while smiling and confident in his belief system was thinking......

Thank God I only have to live on this earthly plane with this bytch ho........

He may be wrong or right (I don't know) but he is still smiling at a condescending arrogant ayusehole..........

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The priest while smiling and confident in his belief system was thinking......
Thank God I only have to live on this earthly plane with this bytch ho........
He may be wrong or right (I don't know) but he is still smiling at a condescending arrogant ayusehole..........
Spot on.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
If he really did get through Colby, I would say that that qualifies as evidence of God's existence.
woof
And your envy.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. 3.1 didn't read the report.
Try again, kid. Methinks your reading comprehension skills need some work. The author remains skeptical (and somewhat arrogant) but is forced to acknowledge that the results didn't live up to his prejudices about Tea Party members.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor dukie
Once your creationist comment was blown out of the proverbial Cuyahoga water you need to call your post a "otherwise accurate" statement.......so sad dukie.......
never, never, ever ever. never.....LOL
Maybe you need to expand your so called "education".......
WOLF
If you wish to play that game go read the wiki link you posted very very closely.

See if you notice anything.

woof

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to play that game go read the wiki link you posted very very closely.
See if you notice anything.
woof
Please dukie........

I was well aware of the ice age in Ohio.

I am a fan of globull warming..........

Again....before you spew maybe you should be aware of facts that may bop you on the nose....
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please dukie........
I was well aware of the ice age in Ohio.
I am a fan of globull warming..........
Again....before you spew maybe you should be aware of facts that may bop you on the nose....
Chuckle.

But tell me. Wasn't the river flowing underneath the glacier?

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Simply calling you out on your bullshit.
Naturally, this "priest" didn't have a name, did he?
Why would I give his name? So some psychopath like you can berate him or try and tarnish his good name? I wasn't born yesterday, George. Who knows what the likes of you is capable of.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
He very well may have been thinking and DID pray for me. So what? That's his concern. I just had a private conversation with another poster on here about this very subject. The person said that even though I'm an atheist, they included me in their prayers and my non-belief didn't affect how they felt about or thought of me. And that's the way it should be. I told this person that I was flattered that they took time out of their day to think of me, even if it was in the form of a prayer. That's how mature people conduct themselves.

I don't think the priest had any intentions of converting me. Why would he? I never expressed an interest and he never tried to get me to think any differently. Our conversation was about the behavior of others who proclaim they are Christian but behave in the opposite manner, as well as the misunderstandings of atheists by Christians. I actually enjoy speaking to clergy because unlike people like Bob and George, they know what they're talking about and have devoted their lives to following a path. I've only met with one priest with whom I had an argument with and that is the one who turned me away from the Catholic religion.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

An interesting article discussing the misconceptions Christians often have about atheists and spirituality. Considering this was recently discussed, I think it's a good read.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/16/what...
reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
An interesting article discussing the misconceptions Christians often have about atheists and spirituality. Considering this was recently discussed, I think it's a good read.
a misconception of atheists is that it is Free to enter heaven.

A good read of the New Testament would explain this in great detail.

Atheism is work of the devil, just like abortion.

Atheists murderers like yourself have a hot future.

Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
you have a hot future.

Smoking hot !!!!!!!!!!

interesting article to clear atheist misconceptions is in the New Testament.

The 57th state

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckle.
But tell me. Wasn't the river flowing underneath the glacier?
woof
Poor dukie........this is fun huh

Keep on deflecting.

To bad your first nonsensical Alinsky tactic of calling me a creationist didn't work.

I am still waiting for you to figure out a way to work racism into your talking points.

You are never, never, ever, ever mistaken huh.....lol

WOLF

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I give his name? So some psychopath like you can berate him or try and tarnish his good name? I wasn't born yesterday, George. Who knows what the likes of you is capable of.
In other words, he doesn't exist.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
He very well may have been thinking and DID pray for me. So what? That's his concern. I just had a private conversation with another poster on here about this very subject. The person said that even though I'm an atheist, they included me in their prayers and my non-belief didn't affect how they felt about or thought of me. And that's the way it should be. I told this person that I was flattered that they took time out of their day to think of me, even if it was in the form of a prayer. That's how mature people conduct themselves.
I don't think the priest had any intentions of converting me. Why would he? I never expressed an interest and he never tried to get me to think any differently. Our conversation was about the behavior of others who proclaim they are Christian but behave in the opposite manner, as well as the misunderstandings of atheists by Christians. I actually enjoy speaking to clergy because unlike people like Bob and George, they know what they're talking about and have devoted their lives to following a path. I've only met with one priest with whom I had an argument with and that is the one who turned me away from the Catholic religion.
So, you've met more than one priest, yet it took only one to drive you away from Catholicism? For such an "educated", "open-minded" "independent" woman, you sure are easily persuaded.
You're a joke, Muff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,721 - 2,740 of2,974
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any wonder that Bundy is a backwoods racist??? 11 min Duke for Mayor 4
New Treatment For Brain Cancer Tested At Ohio S... (Aug '11) 2 hr tranpsosition 9
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Adam 36 2,208
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality Speaks 25,376
BundyFest 2014 2 hr Duke for Mayor 12
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 2 hr Peep Show 331
What's your favorite lager beer? 3 hr Reality Speaks 24
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 4 hr Andy Stanley 2,010
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search