In Defense of Stereotypes
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2414 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
A better question would be why would Topix so quickly pull a site which archives posts from all users?
Hard to say since you are the only one who has seen the alleged site.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2415 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Byrd was wrong too. What does that prove?
Indeed, I recall the collective left rising up to denounce the former Klan Kleagle.
Not.

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PRByrd301.ht...

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2416 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Google didn't provide the data I linked and it must have been accurate, because - again - it was pulled within 30 minutes of being posted on a Sunday afternoon. A better question would be why would Topix so quickly pull a site which archives posts from all users?
Ok. The site you're pulling the data from, if it exists. How do you think it is pulling and storing the data sets to search.

Do you think they host an independent crawl and use this stored data to pull keyword sets from? Or do you think they pull your request through Google's existing index and search structure?

If you would like, I would be happy to start to explain how search as a general concept works on the web and why crawls and indexes matter. The website you accessed didn't just come onto this site and look around in real time to find the figure. That's not how search works. It needs a pre-existing stable index of data to pull from and a stable search algorithm with which to filter results.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#2417 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
To review, slavery had been a standard global practice for thousands of years.
Further, scientific thinkers of the time, such as Thomas Jefferson, believed the black race to be inferior to others and suited to such labors. A century later, Abraham Lincoln believed much the same. But both -- and many others -- understood the idea of one human owning another to be contradictory to the freedoms granted by our Constitution and found by faith in Jesus Christ.
Well, as you said - regardless of it being a standard practice does not make it moral, yet people who were Christians and are supposed to be infused with morality due to their beliefs found the practice acceptable. The fact that you're cherry picking Thomas Jefferson to be somehow representative of all the founding fathers is kind of interesting. Great. ONE of them thought it was an abhorrent kind of behavior. Obviously he was not in the majority at that time. I reiterate - culture defines morality. Whether people found blacks to be inferior or not, their value of human life obviously did not transfer to blacks.

This has become a pretty circular argument, but suffice it to say there is no proof that being a Christian means you are moral and there is no proof that being a non-believer means you are immoral or incapable of morality.

Location hidden

#2418 Oct 6, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. The site you're pulling the data from, if it exists. How do you think it is pulling and storing the data sets to search.
Do you think they host an independent crawl and use this stored data to pull keyword sets from? Or do you think they pull your request through Google's existing index and search structure?
If you would like, I would be happy to start to explain how search as a general concept works on the web and why crawls and indexes matter. The website you accessed didn't just come onto this site and look around in real time to find the figure. That's not how search works. It needs a pre-existing stable index of data to pull from and a stable search algorithm with which to filter results.

Crawl away.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2419 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, God is the source of universal truth.
And Christianity proclaims that truth to imperfect humans.
Now...WHO brought up slavery and specifically blamed it on Christianity?
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T76DKCJ0S...
If you believe that God is the source of man's morality, you cannot argue that an atheist is incapable of morality. If this is indeed what you believe, then you believe all men were made in God's image and therefore were infused with morality in their core being. An atheist is no more likely to turn away from that innate sense of morality than a Christian is. Now, I'm not saying this is what I believe, because I obviously don't. But if you say you believe in God and you believe man was made in God's image, then you should believe that morality was injected into our most basic selves.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2420 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Google didn't provide the data I linked and it must have been accurate, because - again - it was pulled within 30 minutes of being posted on a Sunday afternoon. A better question would be why would Topix so quickly pull a site which archives posts from all users?
A better question is why you still refuse to provide even the name of the site. A person as smart as you are could type the name in such a way that it could get back the nefarious Topix censors.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2421 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
That you're an idiot, given your hatred for Christianity.
I don't hate Christianity.

Didn't you just declare within the hour that you were done and not coming back? Another lie.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2422 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T76DKCJ0S...
The proposition is that behaviors are not deemed moral simply because a society practices them.
Ms. MPNF then went off on a tangent blaming slavery on Christianity, and most of the world's problems on all religion...which is all very interesting because, as it turns out, she really doesn't have a problem with any forebears having practiced slavery -- she doesn't find it immoral.
Nope. She just hates Christians and all religion in general.
Proving that discussions with these Helen Keller types are not very productive.
Your entire post is an outright lie. I actually had some respect for you during these conversations, but if you're going to lie and make stuff up, you don't deserve respect.

I never blamed slavery on Christianity.
I never said I didn't think slavery was immoral. In fact, I said it WAS immoral.
I never said I hated Christians or any religion. I actually said I respect other people's beliefs, even if I don't believe in them. What I don't respect is people telling me what they think is a truth or fact when indeed it is not.

If you are not a liar, then by all means, provide evidence countering any of these things. You will not find one statement made by me that says I hate Christians, I hate religion, I think slavery is moral and acceptable and that Christianity is to blame for slavery.

I'm glad you believe humans are imperfect beings despite your assertion of being moral because with this post, you definitely prove you are capable of being imperfect and feeling the need to lie in order to bolster your argument.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2423 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, I recall the collective left rising up to denounce the former Klan Kleagle.
Not.
http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PRByrd301.ht...
I don't speak for the collective left and I haven't been holding WW responsible for the collective right. But you can't comprehend that distinction.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#2424 Oct 6, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful first step! Now does anyone in the class know how Google gathers their data (I've given a nice bug hint in an earlier post!) and why this might interfere with being able to get an accurate count of keyword incidence?
Partial points awarded for anyone who can tell me what forum side function can also skew totals!
Your schoolmarm desires are...interesting food for thought.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2425 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
God is absolutely the source of morality.
Those who follow Him are not "guaranteed" moral perfection in this life.
That's just a weak argument bandied about by hateful atheists.
They have so little that brings them happiness in this life.
Also a lie. Atheists don't give a damn what you believe. You, on the other hand, care quite a bit about what atheists believe or don't believe. It's not our problem that you can't wrap your head around that which you do not understand. If anything, atheists are often quite happier because they live their lives without this feeling that they are failing some superior being. Your posts are becoming vapid.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2426 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BXRZ5c6I-voXX
Crawl away.
Your fear of knowledge is limitless.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2427 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BXRZ5c6I-voXX
Crawl away.
Poor Poor Tippy.

Just cannot stand it when other people politely try to explain why someone's assumptions are quite clearly mistaken.

Try this.

Type "Che", "Reagan", and "Christ" into any search engine, first doing each individually, then all three together.

Compare the number of results.

woof

Location hidden

#2428 Oct 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that God is the source of man's morality, you cannot argue that an atheist is incapable of morality. If this is indeed what you believe, then you believe all men were made in God's image and therefore were infused with morality in their core being. An atheist is no more likely to turn away from that innate sense of morality than a Christian is. Now, I'm not saying this is what I believe, because I obviously don't. But if you say you believe in God and you believe man was made in God's image, then you should believe that morality was injected into our most basic selves.
I did not claim that "an atheist is incapable of morality."
An atheist rejects the Absolute Truth [i.e., God] who defines morality.
Therefore, an atheist's morality is self-defined and subject to the error of this fallen world.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#2429 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
A better question is why you still refuse to provide even the name of the site. A person as smart as you are could type the name in such a way that it could get back the nefarious Topix censors.
The first post DID have the name of the site. The second post had more details. Both were removed quickly. I'm sorry that the situation upsets you so, but it was out of my control.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2430 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
They do? The atheists I know are down right ecstatic.
I think this is something they need to believe. Imagine having gone your entire life believing in something - dedicating your life to something and feeling there is no purpose to life without it. Imagine how absolutely disruptive the idea of there not being a purpose, to everything being random, that there is nothing after this life would be to a person like Tip. So in order to keep themselves sane and keep order in their lives, they need to believe that people who don't believe are unhappy and lead purposeless lives. It's the only way they can function. This is not to say all Christians are this way. But those who think they way Tip does...any other way of thinking would cause their head to explode.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2431 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Your schoolmarm desires are...interesting food for thought.
Try putting a space between each letter of the website name. That way, it won't trigger whatever problem you think you are having with Topix.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2432 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The first post DID have the name of the site. The second post had more details. Both were removed quickly. I'm sorry that the situation upsets you so, but it was out of my control.
You can do it. I will show you how.

w a i t w h a t i s l y i n g . c o m

See?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2433 Oct 6, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wah! You are plugging my ears and covering your eyes! No truth but what you declare, right?
You were given fact and then you run away from it because it isn't what you believe to be true, much to your chagrin, I'm sure.
Not really. I have nothing to gain or lose by Columbus not having the second-largest gay population in the nation. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, and in the past there have been times I've been called out on a mistake and I've owned up to it. I own up to this one. It was a statistic I had heard and obviously didn't follow up on it. I'm not so vain or proud to not admit when I've made a mistake. Perhaps some of your friends could learn that lesson as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is happening in Sweden? 2 min ButtHurtLeftiesRF... 35
High Crimes and Misdemeanors 3 min Big Johnson 35
"HEIL, mein F├╝hrer!" 9 min Big Johnson 4
The " Blind Sheikh " has died. 15 min Infidel 11
Dems Progress To A New Low 19 min ButtHurtLeftiesRF... 216
Who is the Biggest Liar? 28 min Big Johnson 22
President Trump Rally 2017 Florida 30 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 52

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance