Attempt at humor leads to suspension ...

Attempt at humor leads to suspension of Delaware County magistrate | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 65 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 9, 2011, titled Attempt at humor leads to suspension of Delaware County magistrate | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Delaware County court magistrate is suspended without pay for five days after an incident involving another county employee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

JCK

Springfield, OH

#45 Mar 9, 2011
This weithman guy is a real dick head. I was in front of him when my now ex-wife filed for divorce.

This idiot signed an order for me to vacate my home without my ex-wife's lawyer, Tony Heald...another dick head, even filing a motion.

In my 1st appearace in front of Weithman I motioned contra based on the fact that I was thrown out of my home without anyone asking Weithman to do so. He simply ignored my motion contra. My ex's lawyer finally filed a motion to vacate 4 months later.

Note: Henry Shaw was the actual judge @ the time & he signed any domestic order that Weithman sent to him. Judge Shaw refuse to hear any of my motions..he let Weithman handle all domestic issues.

It was all a process created by, Weithman & Heald to establish an unfair playing field to negotiate.

O yeah, prior to the 1st hearing in front of Weithman my ex-wife admitted to adultery within deposition.

My advice to anyone that is married & makes 6 figure income...is not to live in Delaware County.

There are members of Delaware county judicial system that are criminals & they know it & the bragg about it.

Ask any Franklin County lawyer about Delaware Common Pleas court process. I contacted Tom Tyak & he refuses to do any cases in Delaware county
Go to hell

Reynoldsburg, OH

#46 Mar 9, 2011
He is a POS! That sucks! Karma's a B!
Clown Face

Reynoldsburg, OH

#47 Mar 9, 2011
I hope he looses his JOB! Props the individial who stepped forward! He is a CLOWN, and doesn't need to be making critical decisions that affect many peoples lives!
Iknow

Columbus, OH

#48 Mar 9, 2011
oops.... got caught....
Common Sense

Columbus, OH

#49 Mar 9, 2011
This incident allows one to Comprehend how Litigious our Society is. One can also conclude that the individual who was " victimized" may be seeking the help of a Lawyer. While, this may be Construed as a hypothetical, it is not Unfathomable. The Grounds have been set ( for Litigation) due to the assaulter being reprimanded for this Fiasco. The accuser can state that " a Hostile environment" was created after he reported this. How pathetic. We should be looking for Laughter in all aspects, not looking to Cash in, as might be the Case in this debacle. As stated this may or may not be True, Hence the term 'HYPOTHETICAL' being utilised.
The Real P Citizen

Nashport, OH

#50 Mar 9, 2011
Earl Scheib wrote:
Whitney has been in office too long. He's part of the good ole Republican boy's club. We need some fresh faces and thinking.
Might as well forget that Earl.
The age of common sense, and fresh thinking is gone.
Hand Jive

Columbus, OH

#51 Mar 10, 2011
He'll learn to pick his playmates with a better 'sense of humor'. One weenie is as good as another.
Fart Spinchter

Dublin, OH

#52 Mar 10, 2011
Clown Face wrote:
I hope he looses his JOB! Props the individial who stepped forward! He is a CLOWN, and doesn't need to be making critical decisions that affect many peoples lives!
This also goes to " go to hell". It is spelled LOSES! Not looses.
Velma

Dublin, OH

#53 Mar 10, 2011
Fart Spinchter wrote:
<quoted text>
This also goes to " go to hell". It is spelled LOSES! Not looses.
There can't be two people that stupid as to spell loses, looses. Therefore might I suggest that Clown Face and Go To Hell are the same person posting under multiple names.
Dingy Drawers

Dublin, OH

#54 Mar 10, 2011
Linda wrote:
Please tell us what this hand motin was.
Please tell us what a hand 'motin' is.
Retired

Columbus, OH

#55 Mar 10, 2011
From what I understand he grabbed the employee by the shirt, pulled him close, and got in his face in a threatening manner. Probably just engaging in collective bargaining!!!
George

Wellston, OH

#56 Mar 11, 2011
If an investigation would be done, looking inside that place....the people would realize that this is not the first inappropriate thing that has has happened. Hopefully the person who told won't be fired anytime soon. Tell me, who knows anything, would they say? could they say without fear for their jobs? Just asking.

I guess the judge felt he couldn't escape giving some punishment, this time. Others would be fired. Isn't that odd? A lot goes on there.
the edge of chaos

Columbus, OH

#57 Mar 11, 2011
I like the way the judge wont disclose exactly what went on...I`d like to go in front of him and tell him I`d rather NOT tell him all the facts. The friggin MORONS work for US!!! they are accountable to US...I`d like to know what Twatman did and then have him AND Whitney FIRED.
George Jefferson

Dublin, OH

#58 Mar 11, 2011
the edge of chaos wrote:
I like the way the judge wont disclose exactly what went on...I`d like to go in front of him and tell him I`d rather NOT tell him all the facts. The friggin MORONS work for US!!! they are accountable to US...I`d like to know what Twatman did and then have him AND Whitney FIRED.
Why do you hate Mormons so bad?
Dave

Powell, OH

#59 Mar 23, 2011
I had Weithman in my divorce case.

I knew I was in trouble when Weithman continually looked at me during court 'frowning' each time but then looked at my wife as if she were the turkey at Thanksgiving dinner. She got everything she asked for, and more.... The fact that I filed for divorce as a result of (her) infidelity was immaterial.

I shed not a single tear when I read that Weithman was finally caught acting like a bully with no boundaries or consequences.

Throw the bum out.
Divorced in Delaware

Columbus, OH

#60 Jan 10, 2014
I had to contend with Weithman through my divorce. He assigned me to pay child support for 2 kids for $1700 month. He looked my ex over like a piece of meat. I had to get the child support reduced through the CSEA and go around him when I got laid off. Weithman was a complete idiot and ineffective at his job. It only makes sense that he has gone through 2 divorces himself. I hope he is fired and loses all of his benefits.
Divorced in Delaware

Columbus, OH

#61 Jan 10, 2014
BTW, Duncan Whitney, as the presiding judge for Weithman, should be removed from office for allowing this behavior. He can clearly see the orders Weithman writes. He signs them.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#62 Jan 10, 2014
above 2 posts.....I also was screwed by this man.

Good news.....only 23 alimony checks left to write.

My Ex filed for lifetime support, and Delaware court had hearings to discuss.

Delaware court refused to make EX abide by divorce decree, but had Sheriff enforce it upon me.

What kept me sane was knowing everyone in the Delaware court system is at the pinnacle of their career. Without unions and their state job 90% of them are homeless.

I feel for all of you....been there.

1/1/2016 I get a huge pay raise, because I won't be paying the b1tch who ruined my life up to day of divorce.

I am re-married, and she is still alone. I have a house, and her in a crappy apartment.

reap what you sow...and she planted weeds.
Fair and Equitable

Marion, OH

#63 Jan 14, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
above 2 posts.....I also was screwed by this man.
Good news.....only 23 alimony checks left to write.
My Ex filed for lifetime support, and Delaware court had hearings to discuss.
Delaware court refused to make EX abide by divorce decree, but had Sheriff enforce it upon me.
What kept me sane was knowing everyone in the Delaware court system is at the pinnacle of their career. Without unions and their state job 90% of them are homeless.
I feel for all of you....been there.
1/1/2016 I get a huge pay raise, because I won't be paying the b1tch who ruined my life up to day of divorce.
I am re-married, and she is still alone. I have a house, and her in a crappy apartment.
reap what you sow...and she planted weeds.
I have been treated fairly by the Delaware County court system and have appeared before Magistrate Weithman.

People are always going to hate the magistrate and judge before whom they lost.

And in your case, your wife did not win lifetime support so you won in all reality.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#64 Jan 15, 2014
Fair and Equitable wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been treated fairly by the Delaware County court system and have appeared before Magistrate Weithman.
People are always going to hate the magistrate and judge before whom they lost.
And in your case, your wife did not win lifetime support so you won in all reality.
I did win....however the law only applied to me and not her.

Sheriff's enforced divorce decree on me....my EX 6 years later has yet abide by it.

What is funny is I moved on, and she is in the past.

I did win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Republicans love Russian lovers more tha... 1 min Duke for Mayor 22
UTrashy & Spook 3 min UTrashy 70
Why Obama Really Spied on Trump 16 min 404 not found 61
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 18 min d pants 550
Feeble Nancy Pelosi snaps her withered fingers 22 min d pants 12
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 1 hr Pope Aids Che Gay I 1,321
Rocket Man 2 hr Enter Username 7

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance