10 Reasons Why Romney Wins Ohio and P...

10 Reasons Why Romney Wins Ohio and Pennsylvania

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Nov 3, 2012
I really hope you hold accountable every conservative writer you see in the next few days freaking out over “Obama winning Ohio!” because this is ridiculously apocryphal; anyone who has ever lived in the buckeye state should know it is going to award its 18 electoral votes to Mitt Romney this year and it won’t even be close. Look for Romney’s win to be a 54% to 46% blowout for Republicans. That’s because Ohio is not a swing state this time around…since Obama’s deliberate push to the Left over the last four years has forced a pendulum correction shift that has now made Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Oregon, and even New Jersey the real swing states (instead of the swing states being Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, and North Carolina like last time…when the political pendulum had swung wildly to the Left during the now-stale “Hopeychange” fad of 2008). There’s just no rational reason for anyone to be worried about a Republican losing Ohio if on the last weekend before a presidential election the states really up for grabs with a 50/50 shot of either side winning include MINNESOTA…and a possible (but not necessarily probable) pickup for Romney is actually New Jersey (which, after Hurricane Sandy and the ineptitude that Democrats have shown in handling rescue efforts there, is a true possibility…as crazy as that might at first seem). If you think of that pendulum swinging, it had to pass Ohio to reach the point where Wisconsin and Minnesota are in play (and would need to swing even deeper into Democrat territory to put states like Washington, Connecticut, and Delaware into “swing” category). I wish it was an absolute armageddon for Democrats and the pendulum had swung so far to the right that California and New York were on the table like they were back in 1984…but I doubt in our lifetimes we’ll ever again see a time when either party loses 49 or 50 states.

I do know, however, that 2012 is going to be the biggest win that Republicans have ever had in modern political history and that Mitt Romney will head to Washington next January with a bigger mandate than any conservative since Ronald Reagan. Romney will, in fact, win over 300 electoral votes and the night’s going to be called early because a lot of “surprise” wins are going to happen in the Midwest, making it clear Obama’s defeated pretty early in the evening on November 6th. If you’ve been paying attention to the plans the Obama campaign made for McCormick Place in Chicago you’ll already know they intend that event to be a Concession Speech and not a Victory Party (and they have known this to be the case for the last three months).

Barack Obama and the Left are going to suffer a massive loss on Tuesday and I am thrilled that my home state of Ohio is going to play a role in that…but I know Ohio’s going to be overshadowed by the euphoria that surrounds Republicans winning in truly unexpected places like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania..and possibly scoring a huge upset by taking the likes of Minnesota and New Jersey, too. Well,“unexpected” if you really haven’t been paying much attention and don’t know a whole lot about Ohio and Pennsylvania in particular.

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/10-things-everyone-gets-w...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Sure hope you are right George......
I also hope that Adolf Hitler's vote is not counted. LOL
Tim

Wadsworth, OH

#3 Nov 3, 2012
No way Romney exceeds Bush I, the illegals need to be deported out of Kali for that to happen.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 3, 2012
If I were a betting woman (and I'm really not), my thinking: very tight race, Romney does carry Ohio and likely PA and WI. Am stretching it perhaps, but I am also going to venture that this can likely go to the electoral college, Romney wins.

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#6 Nov 3, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
If I were a betting woman (and I'm really not), my thinking: very tight race, Romney does carry Ohio and likely PA and WI. Am stretching it perhaps, but I am also going to venture that this can likely go to the electoral college, Romney wins.
My feeling...Romney carries Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa, New Hampshire, comes within two points in Michigan and Minnesota and three points in New Jersey and Oregon.

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#7 Nov 3, 2012
Hey Reader...Kevin DuJan's insight will rock you right down to your Birkenstocks.

Since: Dec 11

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#8 Nov 4, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
I really hope you hold accountable every conservative writer you see in the next few days freaking out over “Obama winning Ohio!” because this is ridiculously apocryphal; anyone who has ever lived in the buckeye state should know it is going to award its 18 electoral votes to Mitt Romney this year and it won’t even be close. Look for Romney’s win to be a 54% to 46% blowout for Republicans. That’s because Ohio is not a swing state this time around…since Obama’s deliberate push to the Left over the last four years has forced a pendulum correction shift that has now made Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Oregon, and even New Jersey the real swing states (instead of the swing states being Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, and North Carolina like last time…when the political pendulum had swung wildly to the Left during the now-stale “Hopeychange” fad of 2008). There’s just no rational reason for anyone to be worried about a Republican losing Ohio if on the last weekend before a presidential election the states really up for grabs with a 50/50 shot of either side winning include MINNESOTA…and a possible (but not necessarily probable) pickup for Romney is actually New Jersey (which, after Hurricane Sandy and the ineptitude that Democrats have shown in handling rescue efforts there, is a true possibility…as crazy as that might at first seem). If you think of that pendulum swinging, it had to pass Ohio to reach the point where Wisconsin and Minnesota are in play (and would need to swing even deeper into Democrat territory to put states like Washington, Connecticut, and Delaware into “swing” category). I wish it was an absolute armageddon for Democrats and the pendulum had swung so far to the right that California and New York were on the table like they were back in 1984…but I doubt in our lifetimes we’ll ever again see a time when either party loses 49 or 50 states.
I do know, however, that 2012 is going to be the biggest win that Republicans have ever had in modern political history and that Mitt Romney will head to Washington next January with a bigger mandate than any conservative since Ronald Reagan. Romney will, in fact, win over 300 electoral votes and the night’s going to be called early because a lot of “surprise” wins are going to happen in the Midwest, making it clear Obama’s defeated pretty early in the evening on November 6th. If you’ve been paying attention to the plans the Obama campaign made for McCormick Place in Chicago you’ll already know they intend that event to be a Concession Speech and not a Victory Party (and they have known this to be the case for the last three months).
Barack Obama and the Left are going to suffer a massive loss on Tuesday and I am thrilled that my home state of Ohio is going to play a role in that…but I know Ohio’s going to be overshadowed by the euphoria that surrounds Republicans winning in truly unexpected places like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania..and possibly scoring a huge upset by taking the likes of Minnesota and New Jersey, too. Well,“unexpected” if you really haven’t been paying much attention and don’t know a whole lot about Ohio and Pennsylvania in particular.
Read more http://hillbuzz.org/10-things-everyone-gets-w...
Hope you're right, I really cannot stand Obama.

Since: Dec 11

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#9 Nov 4, 2012
Everyone better get out there, no matter how bad the weather is, or how tired you may be- GET OUT THERE! My brother and I have even offered rides for those who are voting for Romney, and have helped them get registered and all. DO NOT SIT AT HOME!
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#11 Nov 4, 2012
As i get to work in many areas around Ohio. I don't see very many Obama banners in yards(especially nicer neighborhoods) as i do Romney ones. If you haven't noticed, Obama bumper sticker's are usually on a piece of sh*t car or on an uncut rental properties lawn.(w/Cadillac in driveway)LOL.

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#14 Nov 4, 2012
son of hey now wrote:
I'm thinking the map will shake out like the one found here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_president...
Aside from California, New York and Illinois, you're right.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 4, 2012
My bet: Obama manages to squeak by with a 'surprising' win in spite of what the predictions say about certain states. You're welcome to prove me wrong, though!
Tim

Seville, OH

#17 Nov 4, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot Priuses. I always see barry stickers on Priuses - only people stupid enough to buy a car smaller than a Corolla, at the price of a Camry.
Your money is better spent on a Ford Fusion hybrid.
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#19 Nov 4, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot Priuses. I always see barry stickers on Priuses - only people stupid enough to buy a car smaller than a Corolla, at the price of a Camry.
I can't recall any other president with stupid supporters putting bumper stickers on their car. Seems like i remember seeing quite a few Kerry ones though. Other than that...

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#22 Nov 4, 2012
Life is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
What does 1980 map have to do with 2012? NOTHING!
You really are an uneducated dunce, LIG.
Obama = Carter.
2012 economy = 1980 economy.
2012 Benghazi = 1980 Iran.

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#23 Nov 4, 2012
Wait what wrote:
My bet: Obama manages to squeak by with a 'surprising' win in spite of what the predictions say about certain states. You're welcome to prove me wrong, though!
Nope. Just the opposite when Romney wins Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Tim

Seville, OH

#31 Nov 4, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Furthermore ...
For all the talk about how a Republican can't win without Ohio, the same thing can be said about Democrats. No Democrat has won the presidency without winning a single southern state.
Name one southern state Barry is likely to win.
Maryland
Life is Good

Delaware, OH

#33 Nov 4, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>You really are an uneducated dunce, LIG.
Obama = Carter.
2012 economy = 1980 economy.
2012 Benghazi = 1980 Iran.
Gawd, you Republicans(so-called independents)had to go back 32 years to dig that up? LOL Can you dig up why McCain lost back in 2008 too?

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#34 Nov 4, 2012
Life is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd, you Republicans(so-called independents)had to go back 32 years to dig that up? LOL Can you dig up why McCain lost back in 2008 too?
You really are a moron if you don't see the correlation.
Life is Good

Delaware, OH

#36 Nov 4, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a moron if you don't see the correlation.
Again... Answer MY Question!

Cleavon Little

Hilliard, OH

#37 Nov 4, 2012
Life is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
Again... Answer MY Question!
I don't take orders from you, LIG. You're a mental case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump wants to replace food stamps with BEANS &... 4 hr Let Freedom Ring 50
Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars 5 hr Go Figure 5
Funny how the "Me Too" campaign never mentions ... 5 hr Go Figure 36
PRESIDENT TRUMP says 'DACA is probably dead' bl... 6 hr Stupid lefties 14
The Obama Portraits Added To The National Gallery 6 hr Stupid lefties 34
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 7 hr Duke for Mayor 1,358
Public Breastfeeding Age Restriction 8 hr Reality Speaks 45

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance