CCW Licenses and the rules

CCW Licenses and the rules

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#1 Aug 25, 2013
For instance, if you are a CCW holder, if you travel to certain states, say PA, you have to contact law enforcement in that state and get a license to go through that state.
Every state has their own rules and regulations....

What are your thoughts on this....?
Why isn't every state the same as far as traveling through their states
With such an important issue, you would think it would be the same....
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#2 Aug 25, 2013
Read your Constitution.

woof

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#3 Aug 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
For instance, if you are a CCW holder, if you travel to certain states, say PA, you have to contact law enforcement in that state and get a license to go through that state.
My husband said the bad thing is that the laws change frequently in the states and you have to look them up or purchase one of the books with the information.

He said many states will honor your CCW. He said that he believes Illinois is the last state to permit CCW. You know how they are there with horrid crime. CCW typically lowers crime statistics. Chicago Fourth of July 2013 for example. 72 shot, 12 died. You know what they say, it is the fault of law-abiding citizens.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#4 Aug 25, 2013
My husband said you have to give the airline two weeks advance notice if you have a CCW and wish to carry. Hunting trips, etc.

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

IS APPALLING!

#5 Aug 25, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband said the bad thing is that the laws change frequently in the states and you have to look them up or purchase one of the books with the information.
He said many states will honor your CCW. He said that he believes Illinois is the last state to permit CCW. You know how they are there with horrid crime. CCW typically lowers crime statistics. Chicago Fourth of July 2013 for example. 72 shot, 12 died. You know what they say, it is the fault of law-abiding citizens.
Yes one has to keep on top of the changes! Sherriff's offices will have booklets or on line for updated info.
You can travel through any state IF the gun is locked up and secured in the trunk.
But if you're carrying it on your person, then there are states who require a certain permitt from thei state to travel through.
Just thought I would bring it up because it seems that this forum is getting stale.
I loved your Remember thread.
It is great to bring back the wonderful memories of yesteryear.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
My husband said you have to give the airline two weeks advance notice if you have a CCW and wish to carry. Hunting trips, etc.
Not true. You simply take the gun unloaded and in a locked case and go to the check in. Tell them you have a gun to check and they will take care of it. You cannot carry the weapon on the plane and your ammo has to be in a separate locked container and also must be checked.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#7 Aug 27, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
It's a states rights issue. Now your CCW permit does have reciprocity with many states which you can look up online. PA is one of them.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 Aug 27, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a states rights issue. Now your CCW permit does have reciprocity with many states which you can look up online. PA is one of them.
Last time I checked, PA was not one of them. Neither are ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, MD, WI, IL, GA, TX, CA, CO, OR and HI.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permi...
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#9 Aug 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I checked, PA was not one of them. Neither are ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, MD, WI, IL, GA, TX, CA, CO, OR and HI.
Ah that's right. I had an Ohio permit and a Utah permit. I remember getting the Utah permit so I could carry in Georgia.

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

IS APPALLING!

#10 Aug 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I checked, PA was not one of them. Neither are ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, MD, WI, IL, GA, TX, CA, CO, OR and HI.
Yes! Just got mine!

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

IS APPALLING!

#11 Aug 27, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thank you.
This was just for conversation sake.
A lot of people dont have the knowledge ....about CCW holders.
I'm so glad I did it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the GOP cut its loses? 2 min Male 953
Big Johnson 16 min Duke for Mayor 45
News 6110 Holiday Lane, Dublin. 34 min Posting as myself 2
Hillary praises KKK head, Byrd. 47 min Duke for Mayor 43
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr 3Dliez 1,359
Dying Veteran records Dr's comment about care.. 1 hr d pants 21
Please help me find the love of my life 2 hr 404 not found 129

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance