Romney to the 47%: F U
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#1004 Sep 24, 2012
For whoever marked me clueless, nuts and spam regarding advance tax credits under the reform. Pay particular attention to the last sentence. This could be a problem if you earn a bonus or even a raise, if you're on the cusp:

"If the taxpayer turns out to have been eligible for more than had been paid, the taxpayer gets a refund. If, however, the government has paid more than the taxpayer in fact turns out to be entitled to, the taxpayer must pay the money back. There are limits to this liability found in the statute for taxpayers with household incomes up to 400 percent of the FPL (which have been amended twice since the ACA was adopted to increase liability), but the amount owed back can be substantial (up to $2500 for families at the upper ranges), and if final income exceeds 400 percent of poverty, even by one dollar, the entire premium tax credit must be paid back."

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2012/05/20/impl...
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#1005 Sep 24, 2012
And this:

"The consequences of good-faith errors. Consumer advocates were not successful, in arguing that some allowance should be made for taxpayers who in good faith apply for premium tax credits believing that their MAGI will be less than 400 percent for the year, but in fact at the end of the year have MAGI exceeding 400 percent, and thus are required to pay back all premium tax credits. A Christmas bonus could result in a taxpayer having to refund thousands of dollars in premium tax credits. Treasury concluded that it had no discretion to avoid this result (although it might be able to work with the taxpayer with respect to the terms of repayment)."

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2012/05/20/impl...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1007 Sep 25, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the 47%, how many customers would you have, and how much extra would you have to charge them to cover your tax bill?
Just like landlords include their property taxes in what they charge for rent, business owners include their income taxes in what they charge their customers.
every customer I have is a manufacturing corporation.

so your point is pointless.

Smallest client I have has 1 billion in sales a year.

I charge ZERO; but earn commissions and % of year end cost compression.

again your point is pointless.

PS: if the 47% bought ZERO, my income would not change.

PSS: there is a whole world out there.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1008 Sep 25, 2012
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader spoke to it, but I'll add to it. Have a stroke that leaves you in a wheel-chair, unable to speak or write. Get thrown off your jet-ski and break your neck, paralyzing you from the neck down with attendant head injury, so you can't talk any more. Yes your health care may pay for the hospital until you get home. They will only keep you until you stop making progress, then they kick you home. You will not be able to work, someone will have to take care of you, sometimes around the clock, and that ain't cheap, at all. Here's a heads up, your health insurance pays NOT ONE PENNY for your care after you're out of the hospital. For that you need long-term care insurance, priced that lately? And almost all of those policies are only good for five years max.
In all of this you can lose your house, spend all your money, and still outlive all of this.
That's my point, idiot.
Somebody needs to bitch-slap you upside the head to knock some damn sense into you. I've got a rock in my front yard that's smarter than you are.
bitch slap this.......

I have cancer insurance, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, hospice insurance, and employees to run the business when I am not there.

what you need to do is apply yourself and quit making excuses for your own failure.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1009 Sep 25, 2012
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, like farm subsidies where farmers get a monthly check NOT to grow corn. Or, oil companies getting subsidies to drill and refine crude? The Constitution never expressed this nation being run like a business, moron. Businesses file for bankruptcy. Businesses lay people off. Businesses exist for the sole purpose of making money, moron. If this nation was ran like a business, you'd be speaking Chinese, moron. If you want to be a percentage, that's your problem. It's you republithugs who are the ones separating Americans into fractions. Got the nerve to blame Obama for class warfare. Your God Reagan, started all this mess. People making under 50k are the majority in this country.
ummmmmm

why did we have to bail out banks, car companies, insurance companies?

your above post explained how business is supposed to work.

I will wait for your spin.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#1010 Sep 25, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
bitch slap this.......
I have cancer insurance, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, hospice insurance, and employees to run the business when I am not there.
what you need to do is apply yourself and quit making excuses for your own failure.
You sound arrogant and smug...I, I, I. Me, Me, Me. As if everyone who works has the income to afford all the insurance policies it takes to stay solvent. You are out of touch with everyday American families, no wonder you support the Oligarchy class. Most of the jobs in this 'new economic economy' don't pay the wages it takes to buy all of that. More than 3/4 of American families are a car repair or medical emergency away from being homeless. You have no clue the damage Wall Street and Republican policies have done to the $28k -$50k income earners in this country. And don't give us that lame tired ass Republican mantra...Apply yourself harder, people are lazy, they're uneducated, yada, yada. This economy is a service and information based economy. Manufacturing is what started the middle class, and if not for the unions, the middle class would never been able to collectively bargain for wages and benefits. To put it bluntly, the middle class whites would've still be stuck in the urban areas side-by-side with poor blacks and Latinos. There wouldn't have been a middle class.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1011 Sep 25, 2012
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You sound arrogant and smug...I, I, I. Me, Me, Me. As if everyone who works has the income to afford all the insurance policies it takes to stay solvent. You are out of touch with everyday American families, no wonder you support the Oligarchy class. Most of the jobs in this 'new economic economy' don't pay the wages it takes to buy all of that. More than 3/4 of American families are a car repair or medical emergency away from being homeless. You have no clue the damage Wall Street and Republican policies have done to the $28k -$50k income earners in this country. And don't give us that lame tired ass Republican mantra...Apply yourself harder, people are lazy, they're uneducated, yada, yada. This economy is a service and information based economy. Manufacturing is what started the middle class, and if not for the unions, the middle class would never been able to collectively bargain for wages and benefits. To put it bluntly, the middle class whites would've still be stuck in the urban areas side-by-side with poor blacks and Latinos. There wouldn't have been a middle class.
laughing at you.

unions destroyed manufacturing in this country.

however as a GM at a manufacturing facility, I liked the union. I knew exactly by hour what the labor cost was, no matter who performed it. made my job easy to prepare profit and loss reports for Sr. Management.

an employer is only going to pay what they feel is fair for any position.

you can collective bargain all you like; but if the person who writes the paychecks disagrees, then it was wasted time.

comedy.....in a paper manufacturing facility the employees belong to steelworkers union.

why....because the printers union got their azz handed to them when management said no....explained to employees what was going to occur; and the employees fired the printers union and joined the steelworkers union.

comedy again....the employees that are great employees would earn 25% more without the union; and the slugs would be fired. The great employees give up 25% of potential income to save the slugs.

in closing.....union made my job easy.....i never had to go to HR to figure what labor cost was because it was a constant.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1012 Sep 25, 2012
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You sound arrogant and smug...I, I, I. Me, Me, Me. As if everyone who works has the income to afford all the insurance policies it takes to stay solvent. You are out of touch with everyday American families, no wonder you support the Oligarchy class. Most of the jobs in this 'new economic economy' don't pay the wages it takes to buy all of that. More than 3/4 of American families are a car repair or medical emergency away from being homeless. You have no clue the damage Wall Street and Republican policies have done to the $28k -$50k income earners in this country. And don't give us that lame tired ass Republican mantra...Apply yourself harder, people are lazy, they're uneducated, yada, yada. This economy is a service and information based economy. Manufacturing is what started the middle class, and if not for the unions, the middle class would never been able to collectively bargain for wages and benefits. To put it bluntly, the middle class whites would've still be stuck in the urban areas side-by-side with poor blacks and Latinos. There wouldn't have been a middle class.
I don't get to collective bargain.

I am 100% commission based income.

when you speak about income....what have you done to make yourself more valuable to an employer?

do you take night courses, additional training of any type?

or do you just show up to work thinking you are entitled to $75 an hour?

Guess what.....we live in a global market; and someone will replace you in a second.

only you can prevent that.

adding value as an employee is how your income grows.

PS: on my 16th birthday my Mom took me to buy my first car with CASH I earned in jobs since 11 years old. 1970 GTO Judge.

At 17 I bought a brand new car off Cadillac showroom floor; and paid cash. 1979 Cutlass Supreme $5800 including tax

My parents supplied ZERO cash in assistance.

How did I do that?......paper route......worked at Sears putting bikes together......worked at athletic club.

Thats right....3 jobs and full time HS student.

Guess what....what my parents taught me about work payed off.
A union would hold me back.
kim duk soon

Cazenovia, WI

#1013 Sep 25, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
laughing at you.
unions destroyed manufacturing in this country.
however as a GM at a manufacturing facility, I liked the union. I knew exactly by hour what the labor cost was, no matter who performed it. made my job easy to prepare profit and loss reports for Sr. Management.
an employer is only going to pay what they feel is fair for any position.
you can collective bargain all you like; but if the person who writes the paychecks disagrees, then it was wasted time.
comedy.....in a paper manufacturing facility the employees belong to steelworkers union.
why....because the printers union got their azz handed to them when management said no....explained to employees what was going to occur; and the employees fired the printers union and joined the steelworkers union.
comedy again....the employees that are great employees would earn 25% more without the union; and the slugs would be fired. The great employees give up 25% of potential income to save the slugs.
in closing.....union made my job easy.....i never had to go to HR to figure what labor cost was because it was a constant.
republicans would rather support corporations instead of organized groups of workers working to secure a fair work environment A.K.A a union, I ask them to walk the walk as well. Give up every benefit and right that you use that unions are responsible for.
----------
Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
----------
conservatives, please practice what you preach and give up all these rights and leave the umbrella of these laws for they were brought to you by unions .

-

It wasnt unions that destroyed manufactureing in this country it was players like Romney, and bain capitiol, outsourceing our jobs to make millions for them selves.

----

Unions Forever.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#1014 Sep 25, 2012
notllocal wrote:
<quoted text>
When and IF it is ever run like a business again, we won't have an insurmountable debt, sky rocketing unemployment, unaffordable social assistance and no GDP growth.
Obama has endeavored to nothing BUT divide this country by class, race, and wealth envy. And he's suceeded. Look at your angry post.
You are crazy. Everyone that you just posted are the people that Obama is trying to give a better life, that is all the people not a division. The division comes from Romney's words about the 47% that he is leaving out in this country. That is the REAL division. It is very clear that Romney only cares about those that are very wealthy. Don't get it twisted.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1015 Sep 25, 2012
WiseAmerican wrote:
I lead by example using my own actions as proof.

I never ask someone to do something I won't .

I work with employees to improve their productivity so I earn more money; and reward those that listen.

I have never been a Union member, because I have always out performed the average.

I am self employed now; and I pay 100% of my insurance.

I also have to pay self employment taxes.

I can not collect workers compensation or unemployment; but must pay into the system.

I must pay city tax when not 1 cent of income is derived in Columbus.

I don't make 50K because as a Salesman my income proves my success with zero doubt; and income is what I work for; and what motivates me.

I give more to charity than a 50K employee pays in total tax per year.

I give more to charity than Joe Biden; and earn a bit better in a month what Romney gives away every single day as charity.

I have a goal to increase my income 15% in 2013; and have a plan in place to accomplish that. If I don't increase my income 15% it will be my fault.

I determined al long time ago that I was the only person who could impact my income.

I don't care who the POTUS is, because I can't collect Govt handouts except welfare.

I never have had a POTUS do anything that made me perform better on the job.

I can't wait for Social Security checks to start. My plan is to redistribute 100% of it to people I want to have it.
kim duk soon

Cazenovia, WI

#1016 Sep 25, 2012
When Mitt Romney led Bain, hundreds of plants, factories and stores were shuttered. Workers saw their wages slashed, their jobs sent overseas. Romney made a fortune. Now, he wants to bring that business experience to us. Hed keep tax breaks for outsourcing and hand new tax cuts to millionaires, all while raising taxes on the middle class. Romneys not the solution, hes the problem.

--

Vote Obama, He supports american jobs and manufacturing.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1017 Sep 25, 2012
kim duk soon wrote:
<quoted text>republicans would rather support corporations instead of organized groups of workers working to secure a fair work environment A.K.A a union, I ask them to walk the walk as well. Give up every benefit and right that you use that unions are responsible for.
----------
Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
----------
conservatives, please practice what you preach and give up all these rights and leave the umbrella of these laws for they were brought to you by unions .
-
It wasnt unions that destroyed manufactureing in this country it was players like Romney, and bain capitiol, outsourceing our jobs to make millions for them selves.
----
Unions Forever.
I am self employed.

100% of above I provide myself.

I require no union; but wish I could hire more me's.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1018 Sep 25, 2012
Female wrote:
<quoted text> You are crazy. Everyone that you just posted are the people that Obama is trying to give a better life, that is all the people not a division. The division comes from Romney's words about the 47% that he is leaving out in this country. That is the REAL division. It is very clear that Romney only cares about those that are very wealthy. Don't get it twisted.
Romney gives $10,000 a day away at minimum to charity.

Fact check his tax returns.

if a single thing was incorrect, you would be screaming jail.

someone who gives away $10,000 a day does not need any more money.

you have it twisted.

The real division is that people like you see what occurs when someone applies themselves in life.

you also see what happens when you don't apply yourself.

because you feel entitled to a way of life, does not make it occur.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1019 Sep 25, 2012
kim duk soon wrote:
When Mitt Romney led Bain, hundreds of plants, factories and stores were shuttered. Workers saw their wages slashed, their jobs sent overseas. Romney made a fortune. Now, he wants to bring that business experience to us. Hed keep tax breaks for outsourcing and hand new tax cuts to millionaires, all while raising taxes on the middle class. Romneys not the solution, hes the problem.
--
Vote Obama, He supports american jobs and manufacturing.
want to discuss how many USA employees Mitt Romney employs at this exact moment?
Staples alone employees over 70,000 people; and that is just one of many companies.

or do you want to whine about a guy with vision that recognized a dead duck; and sold off pieces for profit?

wages slashed....what exactly did you do to increase your wages?

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1020 Sep 25, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
bitch slap this.......
ROFLMAO! Now your lies are simply amusing.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#1021 Sep 25, 2012
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Now your lies are simply amusing.
keep laughing.....my FACT of life is I am 100% in charge of my life.
notlocal

AOL

#1022 Sep 25, 2012
Female wrote:
<quoted text> You are crazy. Everyone that you just posted are the people that Obama is trying to give a better life, that is all the people not a division. The division comes from Romney's words about the 47% that he is leaving out in this country. That is the REAL division. It is very clear that Romney only cares about those that are very wealthy. Don't get it twisted.
The Romney goal is to lower that 47% percentage to say, 30% through job creation of jobs that pay medium incomes. Most people want to work.

And I'd explain how those jobs will be created with him at the helm, but you are too Obamatized to understand basic economy v 'Obama must be re-elected or we will all die.'
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#1023 Sep 25, 2012
I hear alot about those lazy people that aren't working and the references towards blacks. Do you realize that they also want to work. Blacks are the last on the list to be hired, this is a problem. They have families too. Do you really think that people enjoy being poor? Hiring their quota is the law but it isn't always followed. Blacks are still being told that "We don't hire your kind." They are also the last to be given promotions if they are hired. Stop making untrue statements about people you know nothing about.
kim duk soon

Cazenovia, WI

#1024 Sep 25, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romney goal is to lower that 47% percentage to say, 30% through job creation of jobs that pay medium incomes. Most people want to work.
And I'd explain how those jobs will be created with him at the helm, but you are too Obamatized to understand basic economy v 'Obama must be re-elected or we will all die.'
Basic econamy my asz.///

In the six months before I took office, we lost nearly 4 million jobs.

And we lost another 4 million before our policies were in full effect.

Those are the facts.

But so are these. In the last 22 months, businesses have created more than 3 million jobs.
Last year, they created the most jobs since 2005.

American manufacturers are hiring again, creating jobs for the first time since the late 1990s.

Together, weve agreed to cut the deficit by more than $2 trillion. And weve put in place new rules to hold Wall Street accountable, so a crisis like this never happens again.

The state of our union is getting stronger, and weve come too far to turn back now.

As long as Im president, I will work with anyone in this chamber to build on this momentum. But I intend to fight obstruction with action, and I will oppose any effort to return to the very same policies that brought on this economic crisis in the first place.

Thank you president obama.

Obama 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 117
The Hill: FBI Finds Evidence of Russian Bribery... 13 min Male 8
im not her! ☹️ 55 min Jose 6
Columbus Crew To Bid Columbus Adieu! 1 hr Rampant hooliganism 9
Christmas Will Win! 2 hr toejam 12
Fishy White Discharge 🤢 3 hr BizzyBee 3
SeriousLady Kidnapped BizzyBee 😯 3 hr vaginal dryness 19

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance