Columbus schools food services looks ...

Columbus schools food services looks to partner

There are 2 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 1, 2013, titled Columbus schools food services looks to partner. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Columbus City Schools leaders will meet with representatives of surburban districts in the next couple weeks to see if cost-savings could be found if area districts partnered in providing meals to students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

Wait what

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 2, 2013
Wait, what? All the corruption of CCS and you expect the suburbs to help you out?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Last paragraph sums up the government incompetency/waste/fraud:

"...Deputy Superintendent John Stanford said the district will review at the end of this school year its decision to have a collection agency collect unpaid lunch dues. The district has collected just under $50,000 out of $900,000 in debts that it was targeting when it launc[h]ed the program a year ago. Brown estimates the district is adding $250,000 to $300,000 in new unpaid lunch debt each year, despite that most students qualify for a free or reduced-price lunch paid by the federal government."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yoga takes place of detention at Lancaster 4 min Big Johnson 2
How can I get another chance? 6 min Big Johnson 4
Why Does Donald Trump Tell So Many Lies? 59 min Escondito 137
Today Is Pope Francis' 81st Birthday! 2 hr Sledgehammer Man 9
Fire Bob Mueller, Mueller Must Go, Trump Is Bos... 2 hr Male 22
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 2 hr Jason Marsh 317
What Has Happened To America? 2 hr Male 192

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages