Big Ten media days: In so many words ...

Big Ten media days: In so many words | BuckeyeXtra

There are 40 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 29, 2011, titled Big Ten media days: In so many words | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

New Michigan coach Brady Hoke wants desperately to beat "Ohio" - as he refers to Ohio State - but he doesn't see the Buckeyes as wounded and vulnerable, despite their being dogged by an NCAA investigation that has cost them their coach and three-year starting quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zappa912

Toledo, OH

#1 Jul 29, 2011
Let's get it on Buckeye fans. Only 36 days until kickoff on September 3 against Akron. Can't wait.

GO BUCKS!!
Old Buckeye

Cary, NC

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Tim;

I think you are right but the main reason is that several coaches see an opportunity to make hay while the sun shines, i.e. while OSU is licking its wounds. I think they are in for a surprise.

Fickell is young and will make some mistakes but he won;t make the same mistake twice.
liberal

Westerville, OH

#3 Jul 29, 2011
come nov the michelin man is going to find out he wishes he was playing 'ohio' instead of ohio state.
Randy

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Jul 29, 2011
Fickell in not equipped to run this program, and it will be shown pretty early. Big mistake. Thanks Gene Smith.
Nemo

Melbourne, FL

#5 Jul 29, 2011
Watched Fickell. Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley. The Bucks are going to be competitive, or else!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 29, 2011
I am ready for the season to start.

What is with this 'Ohio' stuff? He doesn't know the difference? Coaches need to be able to pay attention to the details.

Actually, I think Hoke misspoke in that first press conference because he was nervous and now he acts like he meant to say that.
MMiller

Lima, OH

#7 Jul 29, 2011
Someone should have asked Coach Hokey what sort of success he has had against Frank Solich and the Bobcats and why he sees them as such a big rival.
John

Alexandria, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2011
I'm counting down until the season starts as well. Go Ravens and Buckeyes!
GO BLUE

Redford, MI

#9 Jul 29, 2011
-Just Sayin- wrote:
What is with this 'Ohio' stuff? He doesn't know the difference? Coaches need to be able to pay attention to the details.
Actually, I think Hoke misspoke in that first press conference because he was nervous and now he acts like he meant to say that.
I'm afraid I have to agree with this. The name of the school is "Ohio State." "Ohio" refers to a different college. Just like Michigan and Michigan State are two different schools. If he doesn't want to say the name, maybe he should just use the initials "OSU."
just me

Naperville, IL

#10 Jul 29, 2011
-Just Sayin- wrote:
He did. Just as Woody would say "that school up north" rather then Michigan, Hoke is "refusing" to say Ohio State.
KM9n94

Toledo, OH

#11 Jul 29, 2011
Brady Hoke calls Ohio State Ohio, does he call Michigan State Michigan?
Silver_Bullet

Lakeland, GA

#12 Jul 29, 2011
Randy wrote:
Fickell in not equipped to run this program, and it will be shown pretty early. Big mistake. Thanks Gene Smith.
Randy, what do you mean exactly by "not equipped"?
Brutus

United States

#13 Jul 29, 2011
Hoke should say that school down south. Ohio and Ohio State are two different schools. He sounds dumb when he just says Ohio. I have heard kids refer to OSU as Ohio because they don't know any better. Hoke is a grown man and he should know better. What does their countdown clock to November 26 say? I bet it doesn't say Ohio vs. MI.
Bux fan

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 29, 2011
liberal wrote:
come nov the michelin man is going to find out he wishes he was playing 'ohio' instead of ohio state.
Amen to that. He'll pay for his lack of respect.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#15 Jul 29, 2011
Would be funny if Hoke and his staff were watching film of Ohio U. all week leading up to The Game.

"Hey! I thought these guys wore green?!"
Randy

Cape Coral, FL

#16 Jul 29, 2011
Would someone please find out who is going to "dot the i" for the akron game-the suspense is killing me.
Brutus

United States

#17 Jul 29, 2011
Randy wrote:
Would someone please find out who is going to "dot the i" for the akron game-the suspense is killing me.
Probably a senior sousaphone player in the band. I doubt anyone famous will do it.
casey d jax fl

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Jul 29, 2011
I can not wait for the season to start. I really wanna see what nebraska does. alot of people think they will just come right in and win. Not me I look for wisconsin to beat them in there first big ten contest. As for us I dont know if we will beat them in lincoln but it will be fun to see OSU go to one of the greatest venues in college football.
GO BLUE

Redford, MI

#19 Jul 29, 2011
casey d jax fl wrote:
I can not wait for the season to start. I really wanna see what nebraska does. alot of people think they will just come right in and win. Not me I look for wisconsin to beat them in there first big ten contest. As for us I dont know if we will beat them in lincoln but it will be fun to see OSU go to one of the greatest venues in college football.
I remember when Penn State came into the conference and all the talking heads on TV said that they'd have a stranglehold on the Big Ten championship year after year. It didn't work out that way. Nebraska is a good program and they'll win their share of titles but they won't be totally dominant.
Buck Fan

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 29, 2011
"But as yesterday's Big Ten media gathering rolled on, it became increasingly clear that the former Big Two, Michigan and Ohio State, are more like afterthoughts."

Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee...Tim May is full of crap!!! If anything, OSU and M will get MORE attention this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Libtard Woman Screams No When Trump Gets Inaugu... 24 min Seriouslady 4
Trump Accomplished In One Day What Barry and Mi... 26 min 404 fed 7
weed roofiess Xanies bar, Blues, oc's m... 27 min Dave 1
Secret Service plans to investigate Madonna 1 hr Zoe Regen 2
It's looking a lot like 1958 again! 1 hr Seriouslady 2
The genius of an obama 1 hr community organizer 1
christina 1 hr heroin 3
The ultimate trip in America 2 hr jonjedi 21
What Do You Think of Donald Trump Now? 4 hr 404 cult 480
White Nationalists losing faith in Trump 6 hr Big Johnson 256
Does anyone know why Yolanda Harris is leaving ... 10 hr They cannot kill ... 90

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages