|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stupider than Seriouslady.
LMAO At least I can make more than a two line post without inserting an insult or lewd suggestion. That's all you ever do. Hence the 'troll' moniker.
Actually, I think gokeefe is a bit smarter than I am. Didn't say 'wiser',:-),'smarter.' But thanks for putting me in good company.
Enzyte Bob Forever

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not exactly what Paterno did NOT do.
It was reported to his boss, The Vice President in charge of the police. Same difference.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Unless they call Raycom and have Karl served with legal papers, right?
Nope. Them too.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you also think that paterno should've acted as self appointed policeman like George Zimmerman? maybe Sandusky could have put a hoodie on and paterno could have shot him.
if I were football coach what would I have done?exactly what paterno did. Report it to police and forget about it. It's not my job to chase down child molesters for the cops.
and if you think for one minute that Archie Griffin wouldn't have gotten the same breaks Ohio State that Sandusky did Penn State you're all delusional. Google artie schlichter for more insight.
Bob, the circumstances areound Paterno and Zimmerman have NOTHING in common.

I would imagine as an employee of a insitution of education, Paterno was bound by his contract to report any abuse suspected on any student, no matter if the abuser were thought to be a parent, another student or an employee.

He didn't. He knew there were suspicions, he was informed by another employee and he didn't.

Now in my world, whether he was bound by his contract or not, he should have done the right thing. And even he knew it. Anyone could see that.

How the devil do you tie that into Zimmerman is beyond me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was reported to his boss, The Vice President in charge of the police. Same difference.
No action was taken, he should have gone further. But, in a common act of decency , he should have fired Sandusky a long, long time ago and not let him free to abuse more boys.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask her, few can make sense of her babbling. She alleged George sent her pizza and American Spectator magazine and she wanted to call the cops. Now, if you're new here, this isn't a good topic to jump in the middle...
She started that thread targeting George. I do not believe anyone sent her a subscription or pizzas. BS.

If either one had happened, the source could have been easily traced. Call a cop. I would have if I thought I was being stalked in any manner.

Then she literally melted down and ran away and had the thread pulled.

The only danger reader has been in is in her imagination. She's able to look out for herself.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No action was taken, he should have gone further. But, in a common act of decency , he should have fired Sandusky a long, long time ago and not let him free to abuse more boys.
Sandusky was forced to retire. He was not an employee at the time he was caught in the showers. So now you people want JoePa to chase down retired employees too? Isn't that what the police are for?

"Bottom" line: If I was in his postion, my job is to coach football, not to delve into the private lives of one retired employees when literally hundreds are involved in the football operation. What happened to "bottom" is no skin off my nose.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

And if you're wondering what I mean by "bottom", someone asked if anybody knew what the kids name was and I gave him one. Use your imagination.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Put another way: If your boss had a child molester in one of his operations in Europe and he reported it to police, do you expect him to just drop everything and play policeman? Of course not, that would be idiotic. So why did people expect that from Paterno? Because it was a hysterical, idiotic, lynch mob and they wanted someone to blame so they could feel important about themselves, having lynched someone in the name of protecting a child. Pathetic.
Mrs Big Johnson

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandusky was forced to retire. He was not an employee at the time he was caught in the showers. So now you people want JoePa to chase down retired employees too? Isn't that what the police are for?
"Bottom" line: If I was in his postion, my job is to coach football, not to delve into the private lives of one retired employees when literally hundreds are involved in the football operation. What happened to "bottom" is no skin off my nose.
Like Mrs Sandusky, I've stayed with you all these years only for the money you disgusting small-dicked man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It occured on school property, pointedly in the football area, Paterno's 'turf.' Sandusky was a fixture in and around the football program. He should have barred him from the school and reported the abuse until there was an investigation.

JoePa looked the other way leaving Sandusky free to stalk, impress and molest other children. And what did that say to the rest of his staff and team? What did it teach them about how to conduct yourself with honor? Bow to the money and power? Ignore the helpless?

It's not always easy to do the right thing, it's not always popular, but you had darn well better do it or it will catch up with you sooner or later, and then you are an accessory.

Tragic way to end such a great career. Your hero had feet of clay.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

I had a 3.1 GPA for the duration of the week I attended Colby before dropping out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Put another way: If your boss had a child molester in one of his operations in Europe and he reported it to police, do you expect him to just drop everything and play policeman? Of course not, that would be idiotic. So why did people expect that from Paterno? Because it was a hysterical, idiotic, lynch mob and they wanted someone to blame so they could feel important about themselves, having lynched someone in the name of protecting a child. Pathetic.
I most certainly would expect him to report to the authorities, discharge the employee and follow up to see that a proper investigation was done fully. And if he did not, I would. I have had full POA for my boss for 20 years.

I actually was put in a position where I had to handle a situation something like this because I came upon the knowledge before my boss. It did not involve a child.

Now I knew, since my boss did not know, he could not be held liable. But I could.

After consultation with lawyers, I confronted, discussed, and recorded, with the other party's permission, our conversation.

The rest of the story is not for discussion.

You're the first one to jump all over and condemn the Catholic church and ALL clergy....explain why you have a double standard for Joe Paterno?

It makes no sense, Bob.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly would expect him to report to the authorities, discharge the employee and follow up to see that a proper investigation was done fully. And if he did not, I would. I have had full POA for my boss for 20 years.
I actually was put in a position where I had to handle a situation something like this because I came upon the knowledge before my boss. It did not involve a child.
Now I knew, since my boss did not know, he could not be held liable. But I could.
After consultation with lawyers, I confronted, discussed, and recorded, with the other party's permission, our conversation.
The rest of the story is not for discussion.
You're the first one to jump all over and condemn the Catholic church and ALL clergy....explain why you have a double standard for Joe Paterno?
It makes no sense, Bob.
Unless I am mistaken, you are not a mandated reporter, so the situations are not quite the same.

Apparently Pennsylvania's mandated reporter laws would cover each of the principals (McQueary, Paterno, et al) from the time that they had any knowledge. However, a weakness in the Pennsylvania law, compared to that of Ohio and the majority of other states is that the letter of the law may be met by reporting suspicions to a supervisor (on the assumption that they then become legally responsible for reporting) OR law enforcement or child protective services.

Morally and ethically, I would argue is something else again.

But, what really gets messy in the Sandusky case is exactly what transpired between Paterno and others--and we may never know. While Bob believes that Paterno is off the hook by reporting to the bigshot responsible for campus police (technically above him in the chain of command), I would imagine that if the two of them sat down and discussed the impact of public disclosure on the U. and its football program, and decided on some alternate course of action (that is not involving any authorities outside the U), then there is plenty they could legally be found responsible for.

And, it would appear that something like that scenario did transpire--and probably on more than one occasion, judging by Sandusky's early retirement and earlier reports that did not result in any charges.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to deliver 20 pizzas to Reader, the pizza delivery driver would first need her address. How was the perp able to get it in the first place?
Most pizza delivery services will not deliver in the hood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Old Guy 29,173
blaze aka daydream aka smiles aka Rachael Jarvis 4 hr foster 7
Judge rules that 18-year-old is competent to st... 6 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 6 hr Duke for Mayor 10
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 7 hr Neutral Party 2,901
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 7 hr Mother Goooz 11
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 7 hr Neutral Party 30
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 10 hr d pantz 85
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••