Put Karl/Artist on Ignore
Big Johnson

Zanesville, OH

#21 May 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand why people get their panties in such a bunch over what complete strangers type on the internet. Who the hell cares what some stranger across town thinks about the issues of the day and why is it so important to people?
At the end of the day, I don't really care what my loved ones think let alone some moron on Topix.
Blow me hard.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#22 May 2, 2013
I'm really starting to realize what happened to Reader, Kos' breakdown, and Bobby acting nuttier than usual. Love triangle gone awry.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#23 May 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
I'm really starting to realize what happened to Reader, Kos' breakdown, and Bobby acting nuttier than usual. Love triangle gone awry.
Somebody didn't like sitting in the Acura's back seat.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#24 May 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
I think I'm pretty much the same, actually.

The death threads always elicit the pity party crowd, and that brings out the dark comedy in me. I've been doing the same kind of jokes for well over 30 years, starting in high school when everybody was crying over some girl who got whacked in a car when I was a junior.

If they had grief counselors back then, after dealing with me they would have had to go to one!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 May 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Just calling out the so-called "Constitutionalist" for being a hypocrite.
Yes, the Constitution is legal document limiting the powers of government, or at at least delineating its parameters. No, a private citizen does not "have" to embody the principles of the Constitution.
THAT, would be the lowest common denominator approach.
However, a true person who values freedom values it in all venues: Speech, religion and the right to bear arms. Fascists, hypocrites and statists pick and choose what to believe in.
If you believe the root of this nation's success lies in the marketplace of free ideas, then you should believe in free speech.
People who run to the moderators are looking for a nanny to protect their tender sensibilities.
The problem here is you want the negative attention. You have often been known to play ends against the middle and take advantage of a situation which, ultimately, is non-important (like some chick getting killed in a vehicle accident) and using it to puff up your ego. Then you use vile language and derogatory speech to knock that person down to inflate your own ego.

First amendment rights, no problem. But ethically? I question that, it takes a very small person to do those things, persistently. Goes to your character, counselor. If this is an online community, and we wish to speak to issues, how is your behavior helpful or positive?

Trolling isn't a positive activity. I've never once told you that you can't say what you wish. But I've always ended it with "take responsibility for it." Which you are not, if you indeed want to claim you are "anonymous".

And one last thought--you're all for being productive. How is your behavior here productive? It's not -- not to you personally or the the community in general here. And conversely, each person here has the right to speak out when someone is being an a$$.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#26 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody didn't like sitting in the Acura's back seat.
Let me guess since Reader went home and took her chips. Big Johnson?

Columbus, OH

#27 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody didn't like sitting in the Acura's back seat.
Ugh! Visual. Both boys in the backseat, Reader in the front on the gearshift.

Columbus, OH

#28 May 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem here is you want the negative attention. You have often been known to play ends against the middle and take advantage of a situation which, ultimately, is non-important (like some chick getting killed in a vehicle accident) and using it to puff up your ego. Then you use vile language and derogatory speech to knock that person down to inflate your own ego.
First amendment rights, no problem. But ethically? I question that, it takes a very small person to do those things, persistently. Goes to your character, counselor. If this is an online community, and we wish to speak to issues, how is your behavior helpful or positive?
Trolling isn't a positive activity. I've never once told you that you can't say what you wish. But I've always ended it with "take responsibility for it." Which you are not, if you indeed want to claim you are "anonymous".
And one last thought--you're all for being productive. How is your behavior here productive? It's not -- not to you personally or the the community in general here. And conversely, each person here has the right to speak out when someone is being an a$$.
Well stated.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#29 May 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that sobering reminder.

Internet = Serious Business!

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#30 May 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess since Reader went home and took her chips. Big Johnson?
Johnson bailed when he heard Reader had free pizza.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#31 May 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
There is an old saying among people in the theater about great entertainers and how they never perform to satisfy their audience. They are at their best when they perform to satisfy (and entertain) themselves.

I think of myself in the same context, but as a poor man's version since Topix isn't exactly Broadway. I'm here for my own personal entertainment, first and foremost. If you laugh, as many do, I'm entertained. If you get urinated off, I'm also entertained. If you stomp your feet and cry because a complete stranger with a sick sense of humor types mean things on the internet, I roll on the floor.

If this wasn't entertaining, I wouldn't be here.

But the question still remains: Why do you care so much what a complete stranger types on the internet?

Columbus, OH

#32 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Johnson bailed when he heard Reader had free pizza.
Yes, his third leg gave him a lead. Kind of like http://www.pankmagazine.com/pankblog/wp-conte...
Big Johnson

Zanesville, OH

#33 May 2, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Johnson bailed when he heard Reader had free pizza.
Bob told me about the pizza.

Columbus, OH

#34 May 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old saying among people in the theater about great entertainers and how they never perform to satisfy their audience. They are at their best when they perform to satisfy (and entertain) themselves.
I think of myself in the same context, but as a poor man's version since Topix isn't exactly Broadway. I'm here for my own personal entertainment, first and foremost. If you laugh, as many do, I'm entertained. If you get urinated off, I'm also entertained. If you stomp your feet and cry because a complete stranger with a sick sense of humor types mean things on the internet, I roll on the floor.
If this wasn't entertaining, I wouldn't be here.
But the question still remains: Why do you care so much what a complete stranger types on the internet?
We have similar philosophies. I make myself laugh first, if someone else laughs, bonus. You finding humor in some of your posts=disturbing. If you want to rile the hornets nest, that's one thing, to admit that you find yourself funny is sick.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#35 May 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, his third leg gave him a lead. Kind of like http://www.pankmagazine.com/pankblog/wp-conte...
Careful...his name is one letter away from the death penalty for us white folk.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#36 May 2, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that sobering reminder.
Internet = Serious Business!
And thank you for your undying attention to what I say. I thought you'd be too busy playing with yourself to comprehend.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#37 May 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. I typically don't have much regard for other people's opinion about me here. Why do you care so much if a community tells you that you are being inflammatory, rude, and insulting? Maybe then time to find a new audience or a new shtick?

But the ultimate question is: What's Topix purpose to you? To me, it's probably different than it is for you. I also have no desire to belittle people or make sick jokes at someone else expense in order to inflate my ego. It's sort of like those old pagan baby jokes back in Catholic elementary school. Funny then, but really juvenile. No longer funny. I don't come here really for drama. I come here because there are people whose opinion I respect or want to hear or find them worthy adversaries. If I have to slay a few dragons along the way, so be it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#38 May 2, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Just logged on. I see reader's back with a vengence. Four posts in 9 minutes. Of course, I haven't read them.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#39 May 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on, gokeefer.
And, btw, I could care less what the trolls say about me or to me. They're just annoying backround noise. Screw them.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#40 May 2, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Just logged on. I see reader's back with a vengence. Four posts in 9 minutes. Of course, I haven't read them.
I'm Switzerland. I get along with everybody ... Whether they get along with me or not is their problem, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandkneegers get on the boat 14 min tom 9
DNC class action lawsuit 27 min Suck It Up 8
Do Larger Breasts Equal Bigger Tips? (Oct '15) 41 min rowdy01 28
Moving to Columbus 1 hr They cannot kill ... 17
Giant Coyote near Marysville 1 hr They cannot kill ... 23
Feral Hog Hunting 🐖🐖 2 hr Pam 4
older women needing spanked? 2 hr Pam 25
Russian investigation update🙀 4 hr They cannot kill ... 28

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web