5 years in...who will Obama blame?

5 years in...who will Obama blame?

Created by -tip- on Jan 30, 2013

36 votes

Click on an option to vote

George W Bush

Rush Limbaugh

Fox News Channel

White Americans

The Pope

His dog "BO"

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 30, 2013
via CNBC...to whom these results are ever a "surprise"...LOL:

The U.S. economy posted a stunning drop of 0.1% in the fourth quarter, defying expectations for slow growth and possibly providing incentive for more Federal Reserve stimulus.

The economy shrank from October through December for the first time since the recession ended, hurt by the biggest cut in defense spending in 40 years, fewer exports and sluggish growth in company stockpiles.

The Commerce Department said Wednesday that the economy contracted at an annual rate of 0.1% in the fourth quarter. That's a sharp slowdown from the 3.1% growth rate in the July-September quarter.

The surprise contraction could raise fears about the economy's ability to handle tax increases that took effect in January and looming spending cuts.

Still, the weakness may be because of one-time factors. Government spending cuts and slower inventory growth subtracted a total of 2.6 percentage points from growth.

And those volatile categories offset faster growth in consumer spending, business investment and housing -- the economy's core drivers of growth.

Another positive aspect of the report: For all of 2012, the economy expanded 2.2%, better than 2011's growth of 1.8%.

The economy may stay weak at the start of the year because Americans are coming to grips with an increase in Social Security taxes that has left them with less take-home pay.

Subpar growth has held back hiring. The economy has created about 150,000 jobs a month, on average, for the past two years. That's barely enough to reduce the unemployment rate, which has been 7.8%for the past two months.

Economists forecast that unemployment stayed at the still-high rate again this month. The government releases the January jobs report Friday.

The slower growth in stockpiles comes after a big jump in the third quarter. Companies frequently cut back on inventories if they anticipate a slowdown in sales. Slower inventory growth means factories likely produced less.

Heavy equipment maker Caterpillar, Inc. said this week that it reduced its inventories by $2 billion in the fourth quarter as global sales declined from a year earlier.

The biggest question going forward is how consumers react to the expiration of a Social Security tax cut. Congress and the White House allowed the temporary tax cut to expire in January, but reached a deal to keep income taxes from rising on most Americans.

The tax increase will lower take home pay this year by about 2%. That means a household earning $50,000 a year will have about $1,000 less to spend. A household with two high-paid workers will have up to $4,500 less.

Already, a key measure of consumer confidence plummeted this month after Americans noticed the reduction in their paychecks, the Conference Board reported Tuesday.

Economists expected the first reading on gross domestic product to show growth of 1%, down from the third quarter's reading of 3.1%.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Ironic that Bernanke and Obama are printing billions a month and yet, it's not finding it's way into the economy.
Pide Piper

Tucker, GA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Hillary. Lol

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 30, 2013
"...when you act like Europe, you get growth rates like Europe, and our discussions with economists sounds like we're in Europe. They have the same discussions constantly. They're always doing the right thing. They're always thinking they know better. And this is the kind of growth. We have become Europe. We are now Europe."

-- Rick Santelli, 01/29/13
BewareGreeksbear ing gifts

Springfield, OH

#5 Jan 30, 2013
"White folks greed drives a world in need..."
hey now now

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Of course he's going to blame YT. And he's going to channel his inner afri-trash and publish all manners of lies that masquerade as economic data. Don't forget, the sh^tstain didn't call out and investigate the criminality of the banksters' crimes during bushCo, the sh^tstain rewarded it with $700Billion more taxpayer money. Then, the banksters paid themselves big bonuses.
more

Gilbert, WV

#7 Jan 30, 2013
bush had 8 yr in irac.buildings and highways blown up and obama and the usa people have to pay for it.so who else do u blame
Me am a Lib

Columbia, SC

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Me am a Lib,
Me is a stupida,

Me blame whoever the current President is for EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING while a Repubwican is in office,

Me sit silent and not say a word when Democrat is in office (going on 5 years now)

Me and fellow Liberal Democrats really inconsistent like that.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2013
more wrote:
bush had 8 yr in irac.buildings and highways blown up and obama and the usa people have to pay for it.so who else do u blame
Uninformed folks, such as yourself.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#10 Jan 30, 2013
"ask the rich to pay there fair share"

will be changed into

"white man's greed ruins a world in need"

The oikophobic white liberals will be cheering along.
Sneezles

Cleveland, OH

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Obama blames GOP for stalling progress,which they do and are still doing

GOP blames Obama for all that went wrong, WHICH IS FARTHEST FROM THE TRUTH. He inherited the fat mess! Then GOP did nothing to help the Americans get out of the problems by stalling....their fav trick. They only think of themselves and their rich corp buddies and the good ' ol boys club!
Cowards!

Conservatives blame all Liberals for everything!
COWARDS AND CAN'T FACE THE TRUTH.

That's about it!

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#13 Jan 30, 2013
more wrote:
bush had 8 yr in irac.buildings and highways blown up and obama and the usa people have to pay for it.so who else do u blame
The Democrats in the Senate were all for it as they voted to go to war, troll.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Sneezles wrote:
Obama blames GOP for stalling progress,which they do and are still doing
GOP blames Obama for all that went wrong, WHICH IS FARTHEST FROM THE TRUTH. He inherited the fat mess! Then GOP did nothing to help the Americans get out of the problems by stalling....their fav trick. They only think of themselves and their rich corp buddies and the good ' ol boys club!
Cowards!
Conservatives blame all Liberals for everything!
COWARDS AND CAN'T FACE THE TRUTH.
That's about it!
In his FIFTH year, your "president" can't cry out about inheriting anything from anyone except himself.
hey now

Columbus, OH

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Sneezles wrote:
They only think of themselves and their rich corp buddies and the good ' ol boys club!
Your favorite sh^tsatin sure likes rich white liberals, doesn't he? he then rewards third world mexicans with amnesty and doesn't offer one to the criminal black underclass.

hey, didja see that co-gimmie rat of yours getting taxed?
stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2013/01...

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/...

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#17 Jan 30, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Your favorite sh^tsatin sure likes rich white liberals, doesn't he? he then rewards third world mexicans with amnesty and doesn't offer one to the criminal black underclass.
hey, didja see that co-gimmie rat of yours getting taxed?
stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2013/01...
http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/...
That guy speaks the truth about the underclass.

Since: Dec 11

Dayton, OH

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Sadly he is blameless until the mezmerizing cult of Ojo crashes and burns the economy. He had a horrible record on the economy in the first four years and will double down the next four with higher taxes and shoveing O care down everyones throats. The fake fed zero interest rate economy is a one way ticket to the cliff. They CANNOT stop printing money because a slow economy will break hard on the schoals of reality. At some point the currency debasement will come knocking. The millinials will no longer be able to afford a wonder phone and life will cease to exist for them. No money for tats either. So sad.
Ya, Bush mad him make these stupid decisions blowing up the entitlements and spending. Under responsible government we could have allowed a hard recession and been on a good growth curve by now. Our path now is spend whatever it takes, print whatever it takes and batten down for crash and burn.
kmh

Columbus, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Your favorite sh^tsatin sure likes rich white liberals, doesn't he? he then rewards third world mexicans with amnesty and doesn't offer one to the criminal black underclass.
hey, didja see that co-gimmie rat of yours getting taxed?
stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2013/01...
http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/...
REPORTED
hey now

Columbus, OH

#21 Jan 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy speaks the truth about the underclass.
Sure does. Update on Chicongo
http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/...
Geronimo

Blacklick, OH

#22 Jan 30, 2013
He would be right to blame old white American males. Look at our Presidents, our legislators, the political candidates, White House staffs and our military and business leaders. The majority are owAms! Tired old white guys with tired old white guy ideas. Our borders leak like sieves, our government thinks it's the Boss, our workers sit idle, children are hungry, the elderly are ignored, returning warriors are shit on and the list of problems seems endless and the owAm's solution is to drop bombs on foreign people again.

F U owAms! You've made a mess we may not be able to clean up, ever. Do us a favor and die!

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#23 Jan 30, 2013
Geronimo wrote:
He would be right to blame old white American males. Look at our Presidents, our legislators, the political candidates, White House staffs and our military and business leaders. The majority are owAms! Tired old white guys with tired old white guy ideas. Our borders leak like sieves, our government thinks it's the Boss, our workers sit idle, children are hungry, the elderly are ignored, returning warriors are shit on and the list of problems seems endless and the owAm's solution is to drop bombs on foreign people again.
F U owAms! You've made a mess we may not be able to clean up, ever. Do us a favor and die!
Race traitor

Obama started the war in Libya, and supports the war in Mali.

He's the one who won't secure the borders and chuck out the illegals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A brief guide to the Clinton scandals... 3 min Pope Che Reagan C... 6
Please help me find the love of my life 4 min I know dats right 122
Is Drumpf Campaign Chief A Voter Fraud Felon? 16 min Artie Cocker 14
Major security breach - colonel compromised 1 hr Seriouslady 3
News Columbus man accused of sexually assaulting tod... 1 hr UTrashy 42
Beware of Judge Crawford (Feb '15) 1 hr Greg 8
Trump the Liar 3 hr Pale Rider 938
This Forum Does No Such Thing! 6 hr Duke for Mayor 23
Should the GOP cut its loses? 9 hr Seriouslady 912

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages