Uh Oh, Georgie, You Are Going To Have...

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#142 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Estatic? I think its funny. The funny hat guy says all you have to do is do good things in life and you can get into Heaven. You guys are the ones who seem butthurt about that. You're just angry because you wasted all those Sundays.
Read your post again and tell us how old you sound. I'd say ten.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#143 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Afraid of a book, kid? That's quite telling...
Afraid? You guys are the book burners, not us. I just wondered if that's what Tip meant about reading up or whether he meant real philosophy and other myths as well.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#144 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Afraid of a book, kid? That's quite telling...
Of course. Not to mention, if she's a lawyer, she'd know that the basis for codified law was the Laws of Hammurabai, wherein we had obtained "an eye for an eye..." and how to deal with contracts. You know, some of that Bible stuff, that damnable Ten Commandment stuff...
Seriouslady

AOL

#145 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Estatic? I think its funny. The funny hat guy says all you have to do is do good things in life and you can get into Heaven. You guys are the ones who seem butthurt about that. You're just angry because you wasted all those Sundays.
The Pope never said that because the Bible says the opposite. Good works will NOT get you there. Faith the size of a mustard seed will.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#146 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid? You guys are the book burners, not us.
And you know this how? When have I ever burned a book? Nice crystal ball you have there, kid, but maybe some Windex might make it work better.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#147 May 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself on these subjects in general.
Think of it as community service.
My guess is I have studied more mythologies and philosophies than you, my friend.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#148 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much...Here's the criteria:
The infallible teachings of the Pope are part of the Sacred Magisterium, which also consists of ecumenical councils and the "ordinary and universal magisterium". In Catholic theology, papal infallibility is one of the channels of the infallibility of the Church. The infallible teachings of the Pope must be based on, or at least not contradict, Sacred Tradition or Sacred Scripture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
Thanks. It appears to boil down to a consensus among those who make such determinations of infallibility. It seems to me, though, that simply calling something 'infallible' doesn't make it so, no matter how many agree. In other words. I'm not impressed. Not in regards to God. I have faith and a level of logic that to me points to His existence, but not so much to man's (no matter how many or how revered) interpretations of His words, deeds, and intentions. In short, I believe in God, but not in religion. If God had wanted us to be mindless robots catering to His every word (or others' interpretations of His words), He would have made us that way. It is therefore clear to me that He intended something else.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#149 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid? You guys are the book burners, not us. I just wondered if that's what Tip meant about reading up or whether he meant real philosophy and other myths as well.
"Real philosophy"? You can't even handle simple religious discussions, kid. Socrates will turn your cerebrum into plasma. Kant will make you spontaneously combust.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#150 May 24, 2013
Ralph the Mouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ones like my cousin-in-law, you keeps his beliefs to himself and does not constantly try to 'convince' Christians or anyone else that we are wrong based on his feelings.
Then again, he has class and intelligence.
You are nothing but arrogance. You do not contain one tiny spec of humbleness nor empathy for anyone, any situation. You have zero, zilch self respect, hence do not show any towards anything.
You don't like or care about johnson, reader or duke. You use them to prop you up, back up your posts and that's the end of your use for them.
Enjoy you sad, little rantings on topix. It's all you have.
Who proclaimed your cousin-in-law to be an atheist, Anne?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#151 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is I have studied more mythologies and philosophies than you, my friend.
Make no mistake: we are not friends.
And your own posts disprove your above assertion.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#152 May 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It appears to boil down to a consensus among those who make such determinations of infallibility. It seems to me, though, that simply calling something 'infallible' doesn't make it so, no matter how many agree. In other words. I'm not impressed. Not in regards to God. I have faith and a level of logic that to me points to His existence, but not so much to man's (no matter how many or how revered) interpretations of His words, deeds, and intentions. In short, I believe in God, but not in religion. If God had wanted us to be mindless robots catering to His every word (or others' interpretations of His words), He would have made us that way. It is therefore clear to me that He intended something else.
I can see where you're coming from. And respect it.
That's why it boils down to faith, in any denomination that one chooses to embrace.

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#153 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#154 May 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a good definition of infallibility:

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallib...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#155 May 24, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Not to mention, if she's a lawyer, she'd know that the basis for codified law was the Laws of Hammurabai, wherein we had obtained "an eye for an eye..." and how to deal with contracts. You know, some of that Bible stuff, that damnable Ten Commandment stuff...
George, tell her about Hammurabai please.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#156 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>"Real philosophy"? You can't even handle simple religious discussions, kid. Socrates will turn your cerebrum into plasma. Kant will make you spontaneously combust.
Catholics, if they continue their religious education past confirmation, will encounter Socrates and Plato. I did in high school, taught with religion. Clearly remember having to read the Allegory of the Cave my senior year.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#157 May 24, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how? When have I ever burned a book? Nice crystal ball you have there, kid, but maybe some Windex might make it work better.
I used the same crystal ball you used to define my alleged hate and to declare my gender.
Ralph the Mouth

AOL

#158 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
He himself did. Another is an evolutionist. What's the big deal about either? They don't try and convert me or mock God and my beliefs.

That's whay I say all you atheists are deep into self hatred.

Hey, you're complimenting me calling me 'Anne.' But no, you actually do have one more poster calling your bluff.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#159 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>"Real philosophy"? You can't even handle simple religious discussions, kid. Socrates will turn your cerebrum into plasma. Kant will make you spontaneously combust.
Ok, 3.1.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#160 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I can see where you're coming from. And respect it.
That's why it boils down to faith, in any denomination that one chooses to embrace.
How can you respect it? If he doesn't accept Jesus as the son of God, he is going to Hell right? Just like all of the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. Right?

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#161 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
George, tell her about Hammurabai please.
Doesn't have to.

Hammurabi: ruler of Babylon, 1795-1750 BC. Earliest known ruler to have presented a rather comprehensive set of codified law to his subjects. His code defines the organization of a functional society. Remarkable in that it was an organized set of laws that were in existence but were not codified or written and communicated clearly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Charles Manson 10 min Gary Dicker 11
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 1 hr Mudd, James Mudd 164
Now that Charles Manson has passed, will LIBERA... 1 hr Wonder 1
Obama caught by Christ's Crusaders 2 hr Duke for Mayor 42
The DemocRats "Watergate" 2 hr Male 714
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 2 hr Duke for Mayor 54
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 2 hr Oliver Canterberry 449

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance