Uh Oh, Georgie, You Are Going To Have Company

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1 May 24, 2013
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”

Francis continued,“We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/heav...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”
Francis continued,“We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
Finish the article, Skimmer II:

"Francis was clear that whatever graces are offered to atheists (such that they may be saved) are from Christ," the Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a conservative Catholic priest, wrote on his blog.

"He was clear that salvation is only through Christ’s Sacrifice. In other words, he is not suggesting – and I think some are taking it this way – that you can be saved, get to heaven, without Christ."
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3 May 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Finish the article, Skimmer II:
"Francis was clear that whatever graces are offered to atheists (such that they may be saved) are from Christ," the Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a conservative Catholic priest, wrote on his blog.
"He was clear that salvation is only through Christ’s Sacrifice. In other words, he is not suggesting – and I think some are taking it this way – that you can be saved, get to heaven, without Christ."
I read the entire thing. I knew it was going to be fun to watch Catholics argue that some priest is more of an authority on this issue than THE POPE. You guys are so funny.
d pantz

United States

#4 May 24, 2013
Some real angry darwinians seem to think catholics would disagree with what the pope said. Wow no shit! really? I wonder if any atheists actually agreed with the pope? My guess would be no, they probably think their condescending attitude towards anything that challenges what they can explain, wich is pretty limited, does sooo much good for the world. Nevermind their meagerness when it comes to organizing as a group and doing things for their community. They are really winning hearts and minds. ROTFL!
d pantz

United States

#5 May 24, 2013
Sorry meant to pu the word "explain" in quotes.
Ralph the Mouth

AOL

#6 May 24, 2013
Doesn't matter. che spouts nothing but blasphemy and nonsense. fu@king troll loser

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#7 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
The Pope embraces all people, holds out the idea that all are welcome in the Kingdom of God, and like the spoiled little brat you are, you swat it away like a toy that you dislike. This is why people see you as a dark, vile soul, Che.

Hilliard, OH

#8 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the entire thing. I knew it was going to be fun to watch Catholics argue that some priest is more of an authority on this issue than THE POPE. You guys are so funny.
Who is arguing that? NOBODY. Your hate refuses to allow you to see any good in the Church. Like I said, make sure you avoid Catholic hospitals if you want to remain consistent.

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#9 May 24, 2013
Leave the pope alone. Jeez. Is he more "progressive" than the ninth century muzzies? Me thinks so. Not heard any calls from him to behead atheists yet.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#10 May 24, 2013
Atheists don't believe in heaven. Why would they be interested in getting there?
Ralph the Mouth

AOL

#11 May 24, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
Atheists don't believe in heaven. Why would they be interested in getting there?
Ah, wisdom via Rowdy. I like it!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#12 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>The Pope embraces all people, holds out the idea that all are welcome in the Kingdom of God, and like the spoiled little brat you are, you swat it away like a toy that you dislike. This is why people see you as a dark, vile soul, Che.
You are just angry and jealous that you are going to have to share Heaven with a bunch of people who didn't have to kneel and stand up, kneel and stand up, 150 times evey Sunday. I would be pissed if I were you too.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13 May 24, 2013
Ralph the Mouth wrote:
Doesn't matter. che spouts nothing but blasphemy and nonsense. fu@king troll loser
Hi Anne.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14 May 24, 2013
Shanikwah wrote:
Leave the pope alone. Jeez. Is he more "progressive" than the ninth century muzzies? Me thinks so. Not heard any calls from him to behead atheists yet.
No, but I have heard calls from him for you to stop calling Muslims "ninth century muzzies." Bummer, huh?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15 May 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Who is arguing that? NOBODY. Your hate refuses to allow you to see any good in the Church. Like I said, make sure you avoid Catholic hospitals if you want to remain consistent.
Tip is arguing that.
shaquessa

Akron, OH

#16 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just angry and jealous that you are going to have to share Heaven with a bunch of people who didn't have to kneel and stand up, kneel and stand up, 150 times evey Sunday. I would be pissed if I were you too.
My guess is you kneel and stand up plenty of times during the day and night - but for totally different reasons.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#17 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread presumes Paco has a place set up for him in Heaven. Its entirely plausible that that's a mistaken presumption.

woof

Hilliard, OH

#18 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And the usual bigotry commences...

Hilliard, OH

#19 May 24, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread presumes Paco has a place set up for him in Heaven. Its entirely plausible that that's a mistaken presumption.
woof
For all of us...

Hilliard, OH

#20 May 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I have heard calls from him for you to stop calling Muslims "ninth century muzzies." Bummer, huh?
Not really. That kind of admonition doesn't fall under infallibility. His ideas on economic aren't in line with mine, either. That's life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been 22 min Ghost of G 9
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 25 min Ghost of G 5
City to consider measures to reduce plastic bag... 28 min Ghost of G 3
Chris from Columbus - Frequent Radio Talk Show ... 3 hr CCW 1
dub-v fan 3 hr Star On 47 2
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 3 hr dpx55 159
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Male 3,981
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs