'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
BS Radar

Strongsville, OH

#147 Dec 20, 2013
Female wrote:
Phil looks like an old hippy that just did a little bit to much acid and shrooms back in the day
Oh. Are you judging him? Maybe it's just his hormones. You think? You freakin hypocrite.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#148 Dec 20, 2013
BS Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know its very offensive to use the term hillbilly right? What makes you think its okay to use that word?
When you can be equal in your criticisms of Trayvonious using the n!##3r word, then and only then would you be in a position to criticize me using Hillbilly. I' ll be looking for your rebuke of Trayvonious!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#149 Dec 20, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I grew up in a small town setting where the blacks and whites had known eachother for 3 or 4 generations. I'm not even going to try and explain it to you because you're so adamant about labeling Phil Robertson something...anything that takes away from his kind nature.
You're just an unhappy, hateful soul that resents everyone and you've gone over the edge on this one.
Continue on with your miserable life, hating just to hate. Big accomplishment.
DO YT EVER LISTEN? The woman just explained to you why blacks didn't complain openly to whites like Phil Robertson, and you gloss over it as if it's something made up!! Shut up and listen to what's being portrayed. Geez, every black/ white relation wasn't like your experience.
Duke for Mayor

Lakemore, OH

#150 Dec 20, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. But ask them for a definition of 'hillbilly' and they have none. They'll pull out their big guns and use some other stupid terms like 'trailer park trash' or 'rides the short bus,' no matter whom they offend.
But they want to blah blah blah about how insensitive Phil Robertson is when they are the true haters.
Aaaaah Stick a cob in yer pipe, ya ol hillbilly.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#151 Dec 20, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they do, and Duck Dynasty has every right to express their views.
A&E shot themselves, just the same way a employee strike forces closure or company to move.
Phil Robertson can buy & sell A&E like a duck call. A&E just fired their largest income stream and audience.
Brilliant.
Backlash may be Phil Robertson purchasing his own network with 24/7 Christian programming.
watch for it on your TV soon.
Not to sure that this is really going to kill A&E. They've been doing short-term and/or reality series that last a few seasons and then move on. Intervention, Bonnie & Clyde, American Hoggers, Dog the Bounty Hunger, Storage Wars... there's a long long list. All of them get fairly consistent high viewership ratings. Once A & E grabs on to a reason to can the show, it's canned. Remember the kerfuffle over Dog the Bounty Hunter? I'm not certain they were A & E's biggest income stream. Perhaps that is true, but A & E won't suffer from it.

A & E churns out the programs and move on once they've hit a peak it seems. Phil also mentioned a few times in the media he didn't care whether or not he remained on TV. The family itself really hasn't complained about the actions, it's been hyped in social media.

I really don't care one way or another. I don't think the Robertson family does either. I don't think they're inclined to buy a television station, either. I could be wrong with that one, but they seemed happy enough before the TV fame, not sure if they care about it. If this doesn't fit in with A & E's values or corporate mission, it is what it is. Phil has plenty of other venues to speak his mind. He's already published a book, so have other members of the family. So far, he's only "suspended indefinitely." To me, that means "we're going to figure out if we can spin this to be palatable to the largest audience possible and make money." If they don't come to an agreement, who really cares?
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#152 Dec 20, 2013
The Ducks have made a lot of money for themselves, maybe they were smart and stashed it away for a rainy day, but once you get used to the money it would be very hard to go back to the way it was before. I really did get sick of Paula Dean making that ugly face crying every time she came on TV. I am sure they will come out on one of those news programs and we will see their reaction to all of this. It will be interesting. I bet none of his family will agree with what he has said or they will give a bunch of excuses.
ChilliGal

Geneva, OH

#153 Dec 20, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
According to my Bible, Phil is right, Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination."
That is the word of God.
Yes, that IS what the FAIRY TALE says, but each has the right to their own beliefs, thats why America is the country of FREEDOM. I don't care what he believes, they look and dress like uneducated long haired nuts but thats their right to do so. Its my right to never watch them and pay no mind to anything they think or say. AMERICA, FREEDOM for all and its coming to OHIO too!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#154 Dec 20, 2013
Female wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like you know him personally, it is a TV program dumba$$
No, he's quite well educated, self made and a gentleman. Like my Dad. Given the choice, I sure as the devil would rather know him then narrow minded haters like you.

Location hidden

#155 Dec 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaah Stick a cob in yer pipe, ya ol hillbilly.
woof
Point made.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#156 Dec 20, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's quite well educated, self made and a gentleman. Like my Dad. Given the choice, I sure as the devil would rather know him then narrow minded haters like you.
Are you in love w/ him? You know, like the teenagers w/ Justin Bieber.

Location hidden

#157 Dec 20, 2013
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> DO YT EVER LISTEN? The woman just explained to you why blacks didn't complain openly to whites like Phil Robertson, and you gloss over it as if it's something made up!! Shut up and listen to what's being portrayed. Geez, every black/ white relation wasn't like your experience.
I don't llisten to BS being spouted in a hate frenzy, which is what female is doing for hours now. You are listening to her explanations??? You're nuts.

Yes, people have different experiences. Post abolition, rural blacks and whites never had anywhere near the racial tension or seperation as urban or city dwellers. Like the Robertsons, I grew up and have returned to rural living.

Our great-grandparents, grandparents and parents went through the same economic depression, wars, bad times and good times. Much, I take it, like the Robertsons.

Location hidden

#158 Dec 20, 2013
ChilliGal wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, that IS what the FAIRY TALE says, but each has the right to their own beliefs, thats why America is the country of FREEDOM. I don't care what he believes, they look and dress like uneducated long haired nuts but thats their right to do so. Its my right to never watch them and pay no mind to anything they think or say. AMERICA, FREEDOM for all and its coming to OHIO too!
Who cares if you watch? Who cares if you call the Bible a fairy tale? You might afford others that don't agree with you the same courtesy.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#159 Dec 20, 2013
And I will ask the question again. Does anyone know what causes homosexuality? No one dares to answer that question.

Location hidden

#160 Dec 20, 2013
Female wrote:
The Ducks have made a lot of money for themselves, maybe they were smart and stashed it away for a rainy day, but once you get used to the money it would be very hard to go back to the way it was before. I really did get sick of Paula Dean making that ugly face crying every time she came on TV. I am sure they will come out on one of those news programs and we will see their reaction to all of this. It will be interesting. I bet none of his family will agree with what he has said or they will give a bunch of excuses.
You'd lose that bet. His family will stand behind him quite proudly and willingly.

Whether the show survives...who really cares? If it does not, the family will remain intact.

Location hidden

#161 Dec 20, 2013
Female wrote:
<quoted text> Are you in love w/ him? You know, like the teenagers w/ Justin Bieber.
OMG. Is that you, wide rider?

Night, hater.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#162 Dec 20, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't llisten to BS being spouted in a hate frenzy, which is what female is doing for hours now. You are listening to her explanations??? You're nuts.
Yes, people have different experiences. Post abolition, rural blacks and whites never had anywhere near the racial tension or seperation as urban or city dwellers. Like the Robertsons, I grew up and have returned to rural living.
Our great-grandparents, grandparents and parents went through the same economic depression, wars, bad times and good times. Much, I take it, like the Robertsons.
Have you ever been black? Do you have black children? Have you ever been married to a black person? If your answer is no, then how you begin to know anything about the black life experience? You seem to only relate to white hill folks.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#163 Dec 20, 2013
There is no hate frenzy going on here, not by me. I am just amazed at the ignorance expressed on this thread. Most of you probably still believe in the old black and white movies portraying black slaves singing happily in the cotton fields. This was not real, it was just how the movie industry portrayed black people. It wasn't until Bill Cosby's show came on TV that black folks were shown in a more positive way.
vncnz12

Akron, OH

#164 Dec 20, 2013
Phil Robertson is as dumb as a fox. By being a bit controversial more people will watch the show out of curiosity and A&E will reenstate him once the so called "controversy" blows over underneath it all this so called controversy is a win win situation when all is said and done. The Robertsomily are laughing all the way to the bank and they and Aand E will laugh even more. Just like Miley did with her "twirking" dance number. The more controversial one is be it in art, books, music, movies, TV shows the more it sells.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#165 Dec 20, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
The real funny part is A&E just threw the baby out with the bath water.
It's their ship... if they want to poke a hole in the bottom of it, who am I to say they can't?

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#166 Dec 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You really put the hippo in hypocrite, y'know it triflinlady?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... 4 min Slit354 2
Tired of trump's lies yet? 12 min The Widower 95
Dumb and Dumber 39 min Seriouslady 8
People of Topix 2 hr BizzyBee 25
Looking for my father!!!!! 4 hr John Black 22
West Mansfield Fats 🍔🍟🍕... 4 hr praise the intern... 2
Job------- definition for today! 4 hr praise the intern... 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance