Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

BS Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't EVER try to become a comedian. You would fail completely. Just sayin.
I don't pretend to be one.

Just love the Trailer Park Boys.

woof
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

BS Radar wrote:
He was asked a question. So now we are supposed to lie if the answer isn't what you want to hear?
If that is the only thing you can think of.

Another option is declining to answer the question.

Or there is telling the truth and facing the consequences of your bigotry.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
what you call bigotry, some peoples religion call it an abomination for the behavior you say Christians are bigots of.

Their faith in God prevents them from accepting behavior specifically called wrong by God, and an abomination.

so.....i suggest privacy, and keeping your bedroom behaviors in your room. Then you won't have a single issue.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what you call bigotry, some peoples religion call it an abomination for the behavior you say Christians are bigots of.
Their faith in God prevents them from accepting behavior specifically called wrong by God, and an abomination.
so.....i suggest privacy, and keeping your bedroom behaviors in your room. Then you won't have a single issue.
Maybe you should keep your religion in your bedroom. Ever think of that?
BS Radar

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your nerve!! I've seen you post unusually cruel things about people dying. Including small children. Things that their family could read and you thought it was cute. And you're calling this guy a bigot for what he believes in? He's an Angel compared to what I've seen you post. I could give a flying fck what you think about what I post.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

BS Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with it? Are you jealous that Phil is more wealthy than you will ever be? You do realize that BLACKS are the biggest bigots when it comes to gay people right big dog??
Who told you that Blacks are MORE bigoted than any other group? African Americans don't like the flamboyant ghay lifestyle that you often see queens" exhibit. The Black churches are filled with ghay men because they are accepted. The Christian religion has ruined Black mens thinking.
BS Radar

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that Blacks are MORE bigoted than any other group? African Americans don't like the flamboyant ghay lifestyle that you often see queens" exhibit. The Black churches are filled with ghay men because they are accepted. The Christian religion has ruined Black mens thinking.
Blacks told me. Maybe in churches they are accepting, but outside of church it's a different story.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

BS Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your nerve!! I've seen you post unusually cruel things about people dying. Including small children. Things that their family could read and you thought it was cute. And you're calling this guy a bigot for what he believes in? He's an Angel compared to what I've seen you post. I could give a flying fck what you think about what I post.
So then you think it is ok to lie about your convictions in order to take someone else's money? That does not sound very angelic.
Duke for mayor

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> I can see them now, millions of ghays flocking to churches to repent because of hillbilly Phil preaching them the gooooospel! Get the uck outta here! Ghays don't believe in Christian dogma, so why put yourself on the hot seat? He needs to preach to the choir. How many ghays gave their lifestyles up because of Phil? Stop being silly headed.
Oh but you did, when they were dying in masses from AIDS.

woof
Duke for mayor

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Who told you that Blacks are MORE bigoted than any other group? African Americans don't like the flamboyant ghay lifestyle that you often see queens" exhibit. The Black churches are filled with ghay men because they are accepted. The Christian religion has ruined Black mens thinking.
Oh yea, it is always the fault of someone else. You are an idiot!

woof
Duke for mayor

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Phil Robertson for president 2016

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

I find this deliciously funny. Phil Robertson a while ago was quoted as saying he didn't know how long this ride on TV would last. I think he was preparing the way for something now that I think on it. After all, their website has just been rehauled (it's not even fully working right LOL), and the clan is now saying they're in negotiations with A&E how to proceed (if) without Phil.

Face it folks, they might look redneck, but they're pretty smart...they know they're going to leverage this and be out in front of it for the money... Ol' Willie after all does have an MBA. They're still running a multi-million dollar business with the duck calls, camping/hunting trips, books, now clothing lines for one of the kids, etc., etc., etc. We aren't seeing the last of Phil and the clan. I don't think, based on what I've read that Phil gives a flip if he's on TV or not.

Phil can say what he wants, what he believes. A&E can get rid of them or not, depending on what they want to do with their viewership and profits. I doubt Duck Dynasty will make or break A&E--reality shows are the rage now, but won't be forever. I find these guys funny, but don't watch regularly. It's gotten repetitive and boring, and there is only so much they can do with this show...

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
I find this deliciously funny. Phil Robertson a while ago was quoted as saying he didn't know how long this ride on TV would last. I think he was preparing the way for something now that I think on it. After all, their website has just been rehauled (it's not even fully working right LOL), and the clan is now saying they're in negotiations with A&E how to proceed (if) without Phil.
Face it folks, they might look redneck, but they're pretty smart...they know they're going to leverage this and be out in front of it for the money... Ol' Willie after all does have an MBA. They're still running a multi-million dollar business with the duck calls, camping/hunting trips, books, now clothing lines for one of the kids, etc., etc., etc. We aren't seeing the last of Phil and the clan. I don't think, based on what I've read that Phil gives a flip if he's on TV or not.
Phil can say what he wants, what he believes. A&E can get rid of them or not, depending on what they want to do with their viewership and profits. I doubt Duck Dynasty will make or break A&E--reality shows are the rage now, but won't be forever. I find these guys funny, but don't watch regularly. It's gotten repetitive and boring, and there is only so much they can do with this show...
Watch their business. I'll bet you will see a marked increase in profits .

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch their business. I'll bet you will see a marked increase in profits .
You got that right, Jack!
ChilliGal

Madison, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
According to my Bible, Phil is right, Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination."
That is the word of God.
Now which Bible would that be from? The catholic, baptist, jewish, nazarene, or is it the Koran or one of the other 50 some floating around that people believe in. You believe what you want but don't be preaching that to anyone else insisting they agree with you. Each human being has the right to believe what they want so take care of your own self and let everybody else do the same.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

How nice!

Someone thinks that they can imitate me.

woof
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Can we all at the very least come to an agreement on at least one point in this conversation.

This person's First Amendment rights were NOT VIOLATED. The First Amendment references the protection of free speech as it relates to the government impeding on your rights. Specifically it states: "The First Amendment of the United States Constitution protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government interference."

A&E is NOT the government. It is a private company and had every right to handle this personnel matter as they see fit. We do not know the terms of his contract but apparently A&E found his language distasteful and harmful to its audience. They had EVERY right to do what they did.
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

I mis-typed my last comment. The First Amendment actually reads:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The keyword is Congress. That's how the interpretation comes about that it is government that can't impede on your right to free speech. That's what the LAW says.

Personally, I think what he said was irresponsible at best and inflammatory to say the least....
Carla Hale

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

The network has every right to fire the guy.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Carla Hale wrote:
The network has every right to fire the guy.
yes they do, and Duck Dynasty has every right to express their views.

A&E shot themselves, just the same way a employee strike forces closure or company to move.

Phil Robertson can buy & sell A&E like a duck call. A&E just fired their largest income stream and audience.

Brilliant.

Backlash may be Phil Robertson purchasing his own network with 24/7 Christian programming.

watch for it on your TV soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 12 min I like 2 whine 1,981
Congress Cost FYI 23 min Catman Dave 95
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resigning 40 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 129
Where to buy Herbal Incense? (Aug '12) 1 hr Herbalxpress 88
Happy Easter 1 hr They cannot kill a Spook 11
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 1 hr Shanikwah 11
google hates GOD 3 hr Happy Easter 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••