of 14
Next Last

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Canal Winchester, OH

#269 Jan 7, 2014
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Blab away, Babs. You don't need my permission to babble.
However, Duck Dynasty needs your approval to speak, or so it seems from your point of view.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

I encourage them to speak. The more they speak, the more they prove themselves idiots.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Canal Winchester, OH

#270 Jan 7, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Better reread her post because that is not REMOTELY what she said.
What a closed mine you have. Or just poor reading comprehension.
My guess, probably the latter. Nice to "see" you Anne...

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Canal Winchester, OH

#271 Jan 7, 2014
Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the special conditions limiting Duck Dynasty speech, according to Babs:
"He didn't call for violence towards homosexuals, nor did he say they need to be expelled from this society or discriminated against."
Babs is clearly levying conditions for DD speech. In reality,.gov has implemented speech codes that people like Babs support, the so-called hate speech crime that protect special people such as homosexuals against hateful words.
Babs is using doublespeak here, claiming to support free speech but with certain conditions, and dummies like you regurgiate it as pablum.
If any group spoke out and encouraged violence toward any group of people, including Christians, gay, atheists, Mormons, etc., I would say THEN their rhetoric should be called into question and their intentions. I'm not saying they should even be prosecuted for saying these things because they are not doing anything necessarily illegal. But anyone who incites violence should be checked. We do not have free speech per se. We have the freedom to say what we want without fear of persecution from the government. But that does not mean a person doesn't have some responsibility for their words. In this specific case, DD man regurgitated what he believes due to his religion. He's free to do so. He's not using his show to further advocate any of his beliefs. Therefore, she should have never been suspended. As he has been welcomed back to the show, I see this all as a moot point.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Canal Winchester, OH

#272 Jan 7, 2014
BS Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably wouldn't agree with you on much, but you are right about this. He was asked a question. So now we are supposed to lie if the answer isn't what you want to hear? It's not like he just stood up and announced this. He was asked a question. The are a lot of things people don't like about others. They are very critical towards Catholics, but that's okay. What about fat people? They are ridiculed probably the most. And Jews? Religious people in general and many others. That's acceptable. Nobody cares about that. But don't you dare be honest on how you feel about gays. Especially in Hollywood.
Some of what he said was omitted for the purpose of selling a story. He did say he loved all men equally and that it is up to god to deal with the sinners. The whole purpose of the interview, I would surmise, was to get tags wagging and get people stirred up, which is exactly what it did. But the man did nothing wrong. If I were asked a question during an interview, I would answer honestly, not what I think advertisers want me to say. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pensioners queue outside Greek banks amid withd... 3 min Duke for Mayor 15
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 5 min Seriouslady 57
Bill Clinton & The Lolita Express 14 min Paul 2
News Man critically wounded in stabbing at ComFest |... (Jul '11) 38 min Seriouslady 6
ISIS Beheads Female Civilians For First Time In... 40 min Pale Rider 4
News More arrests at ComFest, but police say vibe wa... (Jun '10) 59 min Comfest girl 76
Worst President in History 2 hr Black Rhino 695
News Kasich Not Invited To Speak At Big Conservative... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 179
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 6,382
Bumper Stickers 6 hr Big Johnson 48
dana turtle Sun tom 54
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages