'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
Not a Native

Elkhart, IN

#207 Dec 21, 2013
oops Rearrange,you'll,want,courtsey ,need to check my speeling...
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#208 Dec 21, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Remember "Archie Bunker" and "George Jefferson"? They wouldn't last long on tv these days would they. This pc crap is taking all the humor out of tv. They said a lot of offensive stuff but what they said was a reflection of what a lot of real people were saying and believing in those days. Wouldn't it be better to know how someone actually feels than have people put on a pc front? Just saying..........WHAT, you think these shows were about "free speech"? Google satire, then maybe you will get it. The 60's were a coming of age time period, when people were being slowly thrown into an awareness of how wrong it was to discriminate and have racist feeling towards other people. It had nothing to do w/ free speech. We were actually going forward at that time, now we are going backwards and that is a shame because racism and bigots are holding us back from progress. Have you ever heard of together we stand, divided we fall. Makes sense to me.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#209 Dec 21, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?! Stoning others is teaching love? You're right up there with those Duck Dynasty folks!
Hate is one of the most destructive emotions humans are capable of. Firstly the amount of emotional and physical energy we use when experiencing hate drains and absorbs the body. Also although it is a feeling forwarded at someone else we are the one experiencing it and it is a very nasty emotion that we are responsible for. We created it and own it so therefore we are choosing it. If we consider ourselves good people we know in our heart that we are being bad exhibiting this behavior which makes us suffer some guilt as we know it is bad. It really means that we have allowed some evil to reside inside of us. It creates confusion in our good souls and as a result exhausts our body physically from the anger that accompanies it.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#210 Dec 21, 2013
Female wrote:
Have you ever heard of together we stand, divided we fall. Makes sense to me.
That presumes I give a rat's ass whether or not you "fall".
BS Radar

Canton, OH

#211 Dec 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious!! You know that movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? She flew in. Not over. Sad.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#212 Dec 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, Ton. I much prefer 'the strong survive.' Damn if I'd unite with that loon.
I really think female is wide rider trying to go undercover.

Planet Earth

#213 Dec 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, Ton. I much prefer 'the strong survive.' Damn if I'd unite with that loon.
I really think female is wide rider trying to go undercover.
Not so much that than I think I should have the right to CHOOSE who I help, since it's MY resources they'll be using.
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#214 Dec 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave female alone or you will answer to me! Do you know who I am? I am a lawyer......

Planet Earth

#215 Dec 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave female alone or you will answer to me! Do you know who I am? I am a lawyer......
I've said nothing actionable, lawyer.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#216 Dec 21, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking one is a lawyer is a common delusion among courthouse janitors.

Planet Earth

#217 Dec 21, 2013
But then I can understand why you side with her... your kind needs victims in order to ply your trade... It is to your benefit to have more of them.
Archie Bunker

Charleston, WV

#218 Dec 21, 2013
Female wrote:
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Remember "Archie Bunker" and "George Jefferson"? They wouldn't last long on tv these days would they. This pc crap is taking all the humor out of tv. They said a lot of offensive stuff but what they said was a reflection of what a lot of real people were saying and believing in those days. Wouldn't it be better to know how someone actually feels than have people put on a pc front? Just saying..........WHAT, you think these shows were about "free speech"? Google satire, then maybe you will get it. The 60's were a coming of age time period, when people were being slowly thrown into an awareness of how wrong it was to discriminate and have racist feeling towards other people. It had nothing to do w/ free speech. We were actually going forward at that time, now we are going backwards and that is a shame because racism and bigots are holding us back from progress. Have you ever heard of together we stand, divided we fall. Makes sense to me.
Stifle little girl.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#219 Dec 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly little troll pretending to be me, and doing a very poor job of it.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#220 Dec 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
and a bad one at that.

I do not, or will not answer to you ever....ever.

Reality is I only have to answer myself, and to God.

You....you are something to laugh at.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#221 Dec 22, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and a bad one at that.
I do not, or will not answer to you ever....ever.
Reality is I only have to answer myself, and to God.
You....you are something to laugh at.
You just did answer her Bubba.

And I agree somewhat...she's pathetically humorous at best. How sad that her only means of responding to me is to co-opt my persona.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#222 Dec 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did answer her Bubba.
And I agree somewhat...she's pathetically humorous at best. How sad that her only means of responding to me is to co-opt my persona.
woof
and to think there are 2 Dukes running for Mayor.

The powell candidate will win from privilege.......right Duke?
Duke for Mayor

United States

#223 Dec 22, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and to think there are 2 Dukes running for Mayor.
The powell candidate will win from privilege.......right Duke?
I doubt it. Seems rather obtuse, and not very creative.

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#224 Dec 22, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly little troll pretending to be me, and doing a very poor job of it.
woof
He's doing well enough to fool the wingnuts. Then again, that isn't a very tall order.
Sunshine

Chillicothe, OH

#225 Dec 22, 2013
NEVER tuned in to the show so don't care what he said------don't ever watch such crap, rather read a good book, volunteer, or play board games with grandchildren. Where do people find the time or the INCLINATION to watch such garbage---wouldn't you rather fill your brain with something good and make happy memories? Live your OWN life WELL and you won't have to watch how others live theirs! That goes for the Kardashians too and all the "housewives of" as well as Biggest Loser!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#226 Dec 23, 2013
Duck Dynasty' patriarch Phil Robertson says he 'will not give' after homosexuality comments

Published December 23, 2013
FoxNews.com
Facebook172 Twitter86 LinkedIn1

Phil Robertson, one of the stars of the A&E reality show "Duck Dynasty" who ignited a national controversy this week with remarks in a magazine interview comparing homosexuality to bestiality, vowed he would not "give or back off" as he joined his family at church in West Monroe, La.

MailOnline reported Sunday that Robertson allowed one of its reporters into a Bible study class he led at the White's Ferry Road Church of Christ.

"I love all men and women" Robertson said, according to website. "I am a lover of humanity, not a hater." When a member of the class thanked Robertson for saying what he said in the interview, he appeared to shrug it off, saying "I didnít think much of it at all, but it seems a lot of other people did."

Robertson was suspended indefinitely by A&E after saying that "everything is blurred on whatís right and whatís wrong... Sin becomes fine ... Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

In response to A&E's sanction, the Robertsons have reportedly considered pulling the plug on the popular program. Politicians, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal have leapt to the family's defense, decrying what they see as an attack on free speech and Christian values.

During the class, which lasted approximately 45 minutes, Robertson said of the reaction to his comments, "I am just reading what was written over 2,000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didnít know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, whatís the difference? The sins are the same, humans havenít changed.

"If you give them the bad news, theyíll start kicking and screaming. But you love them more than you fear them, so you tell them."

The rest of the flock, decked out in Duck Dynasty hats and bandannas, stood by the family and the sentiments Phil Robertson expressed.

Alan, Robertson's eldest son, helped deliver a Christmas-themed sermon. He started off by referring to last week's controversy.

"Hope your week went well," he dead-panned. "Ours was kinda' slow."

Phil Robertson concluded his Bible study class with a prayer that went, in part, "I will not give or back off from my path because you conquered death, Father, so we are not worried about all the repercussions."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid is as stupid does 15 min Taylor 15
Can We Get a Refund onTrump ? 1 hr DMoriaty 11
Congress 1 hr DMoriaty 11
Middle Class will now be paying for the wall. 1 hr DMoriaty 7
Government Waste from the GOP. 1 hr DMoriarty 12
She left the Tower! 1 hr DMoriarty 11
Coal States- keep that deadly Fuel out of Ohio 1 hr DMoriarty 15
Melania Human Rights Speech Left out Health Care 1 hr DMoriarty 15
Trump and Pence losing popularity 19 hr Thunder Paws 43
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 21 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 246