First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#1 Dec 18, 2013
“Duck Dynasty” dad Phil Robertson responded to his critics, who have been slamming the A&E star for very graphic statements he made about his preference for heterosexual sex over homosexual sex.
“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior,” he said in a statement sent to FOX411.“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Meanwhile, A&E has remained mum on Robertson’s controversial comments, and the network did not respond to FOX411's inquiries about whether or not his comments could impact the future of the series.
In a wide-ranging interview with GQ, Robertson didn’t hold back when sharing his thoughts about homosexuality and sinning.
“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong... Sin becomes fine,” he said.“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”
Click here to read his entire interview in GQ.
Paraphrasing Corinthians he added:“Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
The gay and lesbian rights group GLAAD was quick to criticize Robertson for his comments and they called on A&E to take action.
"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD rep Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."
Robertson also told GQ his family has lost their privacy since they were thrust into the limelight as the stars of the hit show, but it was well worth it because the series has given him a platform to spread his religious beliefs.
“For the sake of the Gospel, it was worth it… All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s 80 years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups.”
Still, he doesn’t expect his fame to last forever.
“Let’s face it, three, four, five years, we’re out of here. You know what I’m saying? It’s a TV show. This thing ain’t gonna last forever. No way.”
And he may be right. Back in 2007, A&E halted production "Dog the Bounty Hunter" when it was revealed that Duane Chapman had used racial slurs. The series returned after several months but was later canceled.
The Twitterverse quickly reacted to Robertson's comments, with social media users both slamming and praising the TV star.

“Not insane-mom had me tested”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 18, 2013
I think it's great that Phil doesn't give a crap what people say about his beliefs, and doesn't care if it affects the show......like he said, it has given him a platform to share the Gospel of Christ with a lot more people and that's what matters!
wmd

Landrum, SC

#3 Dec 18, 2013
You go phil Im glad to see people like you stand up for whats wright .we as christians get put down every day just as jesus did for doing whats right. If people want to be gay fine but dont get a attitude cause there are other people like me that think being gay is a sin. maybe we need to be a little bitch and cry to the media when things dont go our way .long story short God says its wrong so its WRONG ........ KEEP PRAYING AND KEEP SIN OUT OF OUR LIVES JESUS SAVES
Uncle Sigh

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 19, 2013
I say Phil is entitled to his opinion and free speech protects his right to say it. Hey, just because some people think it's ok to suck a d**k don't mean everyone has to. Don't get your panty's in a wad, don't like it, don't watch it. We'd rather be hunting anyway. That's a fact Jack.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 19, 2013
According to my Bible, Phil is right, Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination."

That is the word of God.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 19, 2013
wmd wrote:
You go phil Im glad to see people like you stand up for whats wright .we as christians get put down every day just as jesus did for doing whats right. If people want to be gay fine but dont get a attitude cause there are other people like me that think being gay is a sin. maybe we need to be a little bitch and cry to the media when things dont go our way .long story short God says its wrong so its WRONG ........ KEEP PRAYING AND KEEP SIN OUT OF OUR LIVES JESUS SAVES
Agree.

Liberals bow down to Moo Slums when they are so-called anti-gay but attack Christians like wild dogs.

Its time for Christians to fight back with the Word of God as their weapon against the LGBTQ crowd and their leader Obama the Liar.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 19, 2013
The real funny part is A&E just threw the baby out with the bath water.

Typical liberal actions without thinking of the consequence.

Now...will cast of Duck Dynasty own the soon to be bankrupt A&E network by end of this month, or does another network pick up the show taking away A&E's number 1 show and income stream by far.

Duck Dynasty is a billion dollar business, and A&E for less than 3% of the entire world population just threw out the cash cow to serve a small minority.

it will be fun to watch how well the small minority supports A&E's business model.......what a joke.....the end for A&E, and Duck Dynasty viewership just doubled at new time slot on new network.

priceless.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#8 Dec 19, 2013
Bazinga wrote:
I think it's great that Phil doesn't give a crap what people say about his beliefs, and doesn't care if it affects the show......like he said, it has given him a platform to share the Gospel of Christ with a lot more people and that's what matters!
I can see them now, millions of ghays flocking to churches to repent because of hillbilly Phil preaching them the gooooospel! Get the uck outta here! Ghays don't believe in Christian dogma, so why put yourself on the hot seat? He needs to preach to the choir. How many ghays gave their lifestyles up because of Phil? Stop being silly headed.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 19, 2013
wmd wrote:
According to the words written that Jesus is supposed to have said (supposed because the person who wrote the four gospels weren't there! Book" according to"...) your every thought that's not towards God can be considered a SIN. Looking at women's asses...SIN according to the words written the Jesus" supposed" to have said. Thinking thoughts of hate or indifference to someone suffering...SIN according to what Jesus "supposed" to have said. Getting a divorce and re- marrying...SIN according to what Jesus "supposed" to have said. You get it? It's all BULLSHIT. Because the four disciples whose names have been used DID NOT WRITE THEIR OWN BOOKS.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 19, 2013
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> I can see them now, millions of ghays flocking to churches to repent because of hillbilly Phil preaching them the gooooospel! Get the uck outta here! Ghays don't believe in Christian dogma, so why put yourself on the hot seat? He needs to preach to the choir. How many ghays gave their lifestyles up because of Phil? Stop being silly headed.
just remember hillbilly Phil as you call him, had Terry Bradshaw as his back up on the field in college.

Hillbilly Phil is a self made billionaire with his family, and had the highest rated show on A&E and largest income stream following it.

Hillbilly Phil will either outright buy A&E on the court steps at Sheriff sale, or take his dynasty to Discovery Channel to accept the massive new audience.

All your fantasy millions of gays won't be better off today, because A&E fired a guy reading Gods warning for deviant behavior.

All you millions..lets see you keep A&E alive after they killed themselves.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 19, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
According to my Bible, Phil is right, Leviticus 18:22 says, "Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination."
That is the word of God.
Are you a Jew? Was that passage written for the Jew at that time and not for the other nations around them?! Do you think the Jew went around telling other nations what" their" deity said was right or wrong? No, they did not, the prophets of the OT preached to the Jews ONLY, and their laws were not universally practiced.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text> According to the words written that Jesus is supposed to have said (supposed because the person who wrote the four gospels weren't there! Book" according to"...) your every thought that's not towards God can be considered a SIN. Looking at women's asses...SIN according to the words written the Jesus" supposed" to have said. Thinking thoughts of hate or indifference to someone suffering...SIN according to what Jesus "supposed" to have said. Getting a divorce and re- marrying...SIN according to what Jesus "supposed" to have said. You get it? It's all BULLSHIT. Because the four disciples whose names have been used DID NOT WRITE THEIR OWN BOOKS.
and what book did you read that taught you above, and we are supposed to accept the author as the REAL truth?

PS: women's asses are there for men to impregnate to carry on humanity.
called the circle of life.

why are you circling extinction?
hey Chocolate Jimmie

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 19, 2013
Looks like that wiseafristain is in here trying to turn the forum into Camden by taking issue over statements from a man who pointed out the obvious: vvvagina or aanuss.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 19, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
just remember hillbilly Phil as you call him, had Terry Bradshaw as his back up on the field in college.
Hillbilly Phil is a self made billionaire with his family, and had the highest rated show on A&E and largest income stream following it.
Hillbilly Phil will either outright buy A&E on the court steps at Sheriff sale, or take his dynasty to Discovery Channel to accept the massive new audience.
All your fantasy millions of gays won't be better off today, because A&E fired a guy reading Gods warning for deviant behavior.
All you millions..lets see you keep A&E alive after they killed themselves.
I don't give a rats anus how much money he has, he's still a hillbilly and he'll tell you that he's a Louisiana hillbilly. Larry the cable guy is wealthy...but he's still a hillbilly! Hillbilly doesn't necessarily mean poor or ignorant.
Question: what is Phil teaching about sodomy that the ghay practitioners of it haven't already heard?

He doesn't like the booty humpers, ok we know that! What business is it of his? He doesn't understand why a man likes another man's bun, why doesn't he ask one? Apparently there's something about a bun the male ghays love! I don't understand it,and I don't give a shit either. Not my concern.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 19, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and what book did you read that taught you above, and we are supposed to accept the author as the REAL truth?
PS: women's asses are there for men to impregnate to carry on humanity.
called the circle of life.
why are you circling extinction?
I don't give two spits in the wind what ghay men do in their bedrooms! I love women!

How you read any of the four gospels? They all say "The gospel according to ...
You've taken English in school, I suppose. If you write a paper, book, letter, whatever, you wouldn't say "This letter according to... or "This paper according to...

Furthermore, if Jesus saw you fishing and you later wrote about it, would you say, "Jesus saw Reality Speaks fishing and said, "put down your net and follow me" . No, you would write it that way because it doesn't make sense, it's not YOU saying it, it's someone else.

You or anyone else would say, " I was fishing and Jesus told ME to put down MY net and follow him". It's the same writing structure in any language...Personalization, first person, second person, third person, etc.

It's common sense but we haven't been taught to THINK, but rather to just believe the story.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#16 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text> I don't give a rats anus how much money he has, he's still a hillbilly and he'll tell you that he's a Louisiana hillbilly. Larry the cable guy is wealthy...but he's still a hillbilly! Hillbilly doesn't necessarily mean poor or ignorant.
Question: what is Phil teaching about sodomy that the ghay practitioners of it haven't already heard?
He doesn't like the booty humpers, ok we know that! What business is it of his? He doesn't understand why a man likes another man's bun, why doesn't he ask one? Apparently there's something about a bun the male ghays love! I don't understand it,and I don't give a shit either. Not my concern.
let me be very clear.

The 1st amendment allows Phil & you to speak your mind.

You don't like what Phil said, so you want to ban him.

Phil will own a network within a year, and you can choose to watch or not.

what business do you have criticizing someone for their religious belief?

I am positive Phil does not care what you think either.

Do you want to promote a new show where hillbilly's go hunting for humans disobeying gods word, and they don't want those people within 500 miles of their children?

Keep up the good work....you almost have them ready to begin the 2nd crusade. How brilliant from those sure to be 1st on extinction list.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 19, 2013
hey Chocolate Jimmie wrote:
Looks like that wiseafristain is in here trying to turn the forum into Camden by taking issue over statements from a man who pointed out the obvious: vvvagina or aanuss.
Looks like Wise AA is telling you YT's that the ghay movement is the most powerful minority and the wealthiest, and are here to stay and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change their agenda. That's what I'm telling YT today. There's ghays in EVERY aspect of human existence and profession. If Jesus is going to stop ghayness, he'd better hurry up and get here because they're getting more influential every year.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 19, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
let me be very clear.
The 1st amendment allows Phil & you to speak your mind.
You don't like what Phil said, so you want to ban him.
Phil will own a network within a year, and you can choose to watch or not.
what business do you have criticizing someone for their religious belief?
I am positive Phil does not care what you think either.
Do you want to promote a new show where hillbilly's go hunting for humans disobeying gods word, and they don't want those people within 500 miles of their children?
Keep up the good work....you almost have them ready to begin the 2nd crusade. How brilliant from those sure to be 1st on extinction list.
WTF? Are you drunk this early in the morning? None of what you posted makes any sense!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#19 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>I don't give two spits in the wind what ghay men do in their bedrooms! I love women!
How you read any of the four gospels? They all say "The gospel according to ...
You've taken English in school, I suppose. If you write a paper, book, letter, whatever, you wouldn't say "This letter according to... or "This paper according to...
Furthermore, if Jesus saw you fishing and you later wrote about it, would you say, "Jesus saw Reality Speaks fishing and said, "put down your net and follow me" . No, you would write it that way because it doesn't make sense, it's not YOU saying it, it's someone else.
You or anyone else would say, " I was fishing and Jesus told ME to put down MY net and follow him". It's the same writing structure in any language...Personalization, first person, second person, third person, etc.
It's common sense but we haven't been taught to THINK, but rather to just believe the story.
what do you want me to say to your speech.

idea...in 2013 the USA public schools quit teaching cursive writing. This is the 1st time in mankind's history to change writing.

and Bic pens were the problem when Jesus roamed the earth, because Man never read the directions to use it.

We need a succinct language like Mandarin or Arabic, where exacting standards have 6000 years of history.

This is the coldest December ever, according to your sources.

Stupid people like me ignore your warning and threats. Seems only those who refuse Gods word have problems with it. To each his own, and mind yourself so you don't become instant fly food for continuing your stupidly quest.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#20 Dec 19, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you want me to say to your speech.
idea...in 2013 the USA public schools quit teaching cursive writing. This is the 1st time in mankind's history to change writing.
and Bic pens were the problem when Jesus roamed the earth, because Man never read the directions to use it.
We need a succinct language like Mandarin or Arabic, where exacting standards have 6000 years of history.
This is the coldest December ever, according to your sources.
Stupid people like me ignore your warning and threats. Seems only those who refuse Gods word have problems with it. To each his own, and mind yourself so you don't become instant fly food for continuing your stupidly quest.
Can you include the music to this one?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min xxxrayted 31,203
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 16 min Catman Dave 204
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr tranpsosition 250
New Columbus Reading Program Aims To Get Books ... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 8
where is George of Hilliard? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 40
Gotta Love that Palin Charm 2 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Somali immigrants fight for improvements to Nor... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••