Woman, 2 Children Killed In Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

A mobile home caught fire Thursday morning killing a teenage girl and two small children.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Misty

Wellston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Judged:

Sending heart felt thoughts and prayers to the family. What a horrible tragedy. For those of you who have nothing nice to say, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, find something better to do with your time. Personally I feel that WSAZ should delete all negative comments. Shame on you WSAZ for allowing them!
blah

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Judged:

richard holskey wrote:
ther whas no dame other heat but a dame electric fer for heat that is what started the fire so if any one whant to run there mouth dont do it on heare COME TO MY FACE AND RUN YOUR MOUTH
holy crap! I'd love to come meet you in person to give you both a vocabulary and spelling lesson. Hell the first one is on me!
DMW

Hermitage, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

man wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty means they can't afford operate a propane furnace. This leads to space heaters, kerosene heaters and other deadly appliances used for heating.
There were NO other sources of heat besides the furnace in their home. And just because someone lives in a trailer doesn't mean they are poor! What a stereotypical and discriminative comment to make!
DMW

Hermitage, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

blah wrote:
<quoted text>
holy crap! I'd love to come meet you in person to give you both a vocabulary and spelling lesson. Hell the first one is on me!
You're an idiot. First off that REALLY was the dad, I know him and have talked to him recently. You're a jerk for tearing someone down for their spelling when there is so much in their life going on. Do you really think they care about their freaking grammar skills right now? And your punctuation isn't so great either. So Holy Crap! I would love to meet YOU in person and give you a lesson in humility because quite frankly you suck. And don't worry- the first one is on me. Jerk.
Whatever

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

DMW wrote:
<quoted text>
There were NO other sources of heat besides the furnace in their home. And just because someone lives in a trailer doesn't mean they are poor! What a stereotypical and discriminative comment to make!
Right, and it appeared to be a new model mobile home. They sometimes are nicer than most houses that you see!!! Probably an electric furnace like ours is,they can catch fire too!
Be Honest

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

I cannot imagine the pain and fear those poor children and young lady went through,and I'm sure their parents are devastated, but it's probably a blessing and they are in a better place. Growing up in poverty to uneducated parents (unemployed as well no doubt and on welfare) those kids didn't have a snowball's chance in he** of ever having a good life. Their lives would have been a carbon copy of their parents' lives - living in abject despair, ignorance and poverty while relying on the government for support and continuing to breed more of the same. Sad but true and we all know it.
Wallace

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

richard holskey wrote:
ther whas no dame other heat but a dame electric fer for heat that is what started the fire so if any one whant to run there mouth dont do it on heare COME TO MY FACE AND RUN YOUR MOUTH
HUH?
friend in holmsville

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

all you mean mouthed people better hope God don't strike you dead,what a time to bad mouth people
i just can't believe the nerve of stupid people and you can't fix stupid !!!
So Sorry

Granville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think people should be able to make comments on this page! How can some people be so cold harted! May god bless you and your family during this time of sorrow. May you find peace within! I will be praying for you & your family.
Marilyn Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Aaron and Brenda will always live grandma Smith's heart and I will see them in heaven some day. Grandma Marilyn Smith
Christy

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

My heart and prayers go out to the loved ones and family. I am so sorry for your loss. Don't you think the family is going through enough than to worry about putting the blame on them, or whatever type of heaters they used. Give them compassioon or just shut your mouth.
Cousin to Cousin

Orient, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

No words can ever replace your children or the teenage girl Linzy, who you so kindly took in and offered a home too. It will be a long and difficult path moving forward in your life. Hold each other often and let the child Kristen carries bring you closer.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and Linzys family.
Cousin to Cousin

Orient, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

To those of you who must not understand that each household in this world has a different income level, different levels of debt compared to the next. Some like yourselves may not have ever had to work as hard as the next. Some of you msy have had it handed to you by the sweat of someelse's labor and never had to lift a finger. You need to understand that this could have been your family, your children whose lives were taken and never had the same opportunities you or I have had. So, really think about the hurtful things you have said. Would you like to read these same type of comments made about your family at such a devasating time in your life.
PRAYERS

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

man wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty means they can't afford operate a propane furnace. This leads to space heaters, kerosene heaters and other deadly appliances used for heating.
Where does it say this family was living in poverty? Where does it say they could not afford to operate a propane furnace? Where does it say they were using space heaters, etc? Were we reading the same article?

My husband makes $75K a year. I make an additional $33K. We have a 2002 truck, 2008 SUV, a motorhome, we owe no one, and we live in a double wide because we want to. We use an oil space heater because I like the extra heat. We are far from being in poverty.

To assume a person is poor because they live in a trailer shows how ignorant you are. Know the facts before you judge the people.

My heartfelt prayers to this family for peace and comfort.
June

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Be Honest wrote:
I cannot imagine the pain and fear those poor children and young lady went through,and I'm sure their parents are devastated, but it's probably a blessing and they are in a better place. Growing up in poverty to uneducated parents (unemployed as well no doubt and on welfare) those kids didn't have a snowball's chance in he** of ever having a good life. Their lives would have been a carbon copy of their parents' lives - living in abject despair, ignorance and poverty while relying on the government for support and continuing to breed more of the same. Sad but true and we all know it.
Wait - so because they lived in a mobile home, you can infer their income level, parenting abilities, education level, whether or not they received assistance? Wow.
You could be right, you could be wrong, but making all these assumptions and judgments is ignorant as well as crass, considering the situation.

Often, people that do work then do not qualify for any sort of assistance. I do not qualify for any daycare subsidy but when I drop my daughter off, I've seen people signing the title20 log and driving away in shiny suvs. But of course, many people have nice things I do not have, but also have debt I don't have.

Also, children's lives do not have to mirror their parents'. Someone I am close to grew up on welfare (father a disabled vietnam vet) and witnessed violent things I am startled to hear. He has a college degree, a decent paying job, and a stable family.
THE SISTAS

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

our thoughts & prayers go out to the Holskey's. This is a terrible tragedy to have to go through, but by the grace of god they will be able to get through this. We will continue to pray for your family and may God bless you over and over again,& may God bless your little baby.:) our hearts grieve for you.
Joyce

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

Richard & Kristen
Our sympathy goes out to you. People show their ignorance and cruelty when they can hide behind a fake name and in their comfortable "little" life with a computer screen in front of them. They have no clue the pain and agony that you are going thru. This is something that I would not wish on my worst enemy but they will never know until they have experienced it themself. May you find comfort in your memories. People who dont know you or can only run their mouth about things they dont have a clue need to keep their mouth shut. We are always here for you if you need anything.
Lori Faurot

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

I am looking for a K Holskey or Holskey thatyou have on your website. Could you please give her my email address or print this and give it to her? Thank you!
Lori Faurot lori51466@aol.com
Lori Faurot

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

I am looking for any Holsky or Holskey family member. Could you please give them my email address? lori51466@aol.com
Lori Faurot

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it a good idea for Obama regieme to pay $7,4... 8 min Oliver Canterberry 0
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 21 min Male 2,938
Latest fried-chicken spot touts private recipe,... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 3 hr datgirl 2,697
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr xxxrayted 29,406
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... 3 hr The Clam Whisperer 3
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 3 hr d pantz 32
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 10 hr Logan 845
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••